Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/)
-   -   What did you do to your X308 Today? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/what-did-you-do-your-x308-today-84298/)

Safi 11-08-2012 04:31 AM

What did you do to your X308 Today?

so its pretty self-explanatory post what you did to your X308 today

Safi 11-08-2012 04:33 AM

got a E-01 for my Compact Disc Changer, so the prying and lifting didnt work, so i decided to take the whole unit apart, and mission successful, even though i know its going to eventually get stuck again:icon_badrazz:

rocklandjag 11-08-2012 07:38 AM

The #1 thing to do after a snow storm - I left it in the garage.

Dinger 11-08-2012 07:45 AM

Changed all the light bulbs to Xenon and boy what a difference in night vision. Great bulbs and cheap and easy to replace.

Tirefriar 11-08-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dinger (Post 616526)
Changed all the light bulbs to Xenon and boy what a difference in night vision. Great bulbs and cheap and easy to replace.

Hey, Dinger. I want to do the same. Can you give me the particulars for each application that you have done? I looked through several threads but those were just general with no specific part descriptions. Thanx

richard thomas 11-08-2012 08:18 AM

Sprayed rear suspension arms in black, sat the the bottoms of rear shocks in my homemade electrolyte bath for de-rusting ready for paint and new bushes (awaiting delivery)....degreased tiebars, A-frame, driveshafts and hubs ready for de-rusting and paint, then had a cup of tea....tried to find a local electro-plating shop for my bolts but gave up - will paint them instead...

:D

GGG 11-08-2012 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by richard thomas (Post 616542)
...... sat the the bottoms of rear shocks in my homemade electrolyte bath for de-rusting ...

I was thinking 'what size bath has this guy got', until I realised you'd taken them off first. :icon_lol:

Graham

richard thomas 11-08-2012 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 616569)
I was thinking 'what size bath has this guy got', until I realised you'd taken them off first. :icon_lol:

Graham

It's a nice thought though, if only.....:)

Just using a household 8 gallon black plastic bin.

Not sure whether to spray the shocks in green as original, or black (which is effectively free as I have black paint....)

What do you all think?

Dinger 11-08-2012 09:33 AM

Tirefriar - PM sent re xenon bulbs.

danielsand 11-08-2012 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dinger (Post 616587)
Tirefriar - PM sent re xenon bulbs.

Why PM? There are more people here that want to know, myself included!

I haven't done anything to the cat today (just woke up!). But yesterday, I finished fitting her with a "new" heated seats from 03VDP. She is looking mighty purrrty, and my behind will appreciate it in the "cold" California winter.

Dinger 11-08-2012 09:59 AM

Because I wanted to PM OK ?

Safi 11-08-2012 03:33 PM

just woke up bout to go take her for a Cruise, just because

Safi 11-08-2012 03:34 PM

has anyone seen Gone in 60 Seconds? one of the cars on the list was a 99 XJ8 with the name of Deborah, does that really seem suited for our cars?

Sean B 11-08-2012 04:14 PM

looked at a suspect slow puncture, I'll have to sort that out :(

danielsand 11-08-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dinger (Post 616605)

Thank you for your kindness and friendliness.

Safi 11-08-2012 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dinger (Post 616605)

PM me Next please!

ok so funny thing, during my cruise, i kept smelling something funny in the car dont know if it was through the air vents or something else

then i figured i should stop by my local auto parts store and clear my Random Misfire Code, P0300

start up my car no CEL im happy, throw her in reverse, stalls :icon_shrug: dont know what happened start her back up, she gets close to stalling but i let off the brake and continue with my reversing

driving along then Restricted Performance appears:confused: now im confused, i continue driving along then experience a really rough shift dont know what gear maybe into 4th

Restricted Performance goes away all im thinking is why do i now have a mysterious Gremlin? Drive home continued normal from that point on

should i be worried? or is there a potential problem?

GGG 11-08-2012 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by richard thomas (Post 616582)
It's a nice thought though, if only.....:)

Just using a household 8 gallon black plastic bin.

Not sure whether to spray the shocks in green as original, or black (which is effectively free as I have black paint....)

What do you all think?

I've often wondered why Jaguar paint the shocks green. It's a soft paint and doesn't stand up anywhere near as well as black. Never yet seen shocks without rust on them.

Graham

plums 11-08-2012 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 616941)
I've often wondered why Jaguar paint the shocks green. It's a soft paint and doesn't stand up anywhere near as well as black. Never yet seen shocks without rust on them.

Graham

Sure you have ... they were still in the box :D

jchavez76 11-08-2012 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Safi (Post 616925)
PM me Next please!

ok so funny thing, during my cruise, i kept smelling something funny in the car dont know if it was through the air vents or something else

then i figured i should stop by my local auto parts store and clear my Random Misfire Code, P0300

start up my car no CEL im happy, throw her in reverse, stalls :icon_shrug: dont know what happened start her back up, she gets close to stalling but i let off the brake and continue with my reversing

driving along then Restricted Performance appears:confused: now im confused, i continue driving along then experience a really rough shift dont know what gear maybe into 4th

Restricted Performance goes away all im thinking is why do i now have a mysterious Gremlin? Drive home continued normal from that point on

should i be worried? or is there a potential problem?

Maybe it had somethi9ng to do with the scan tool youi used at the parts store. I would do a search of that scan tool on these forums to find if others have had similar results with that tool.

I use 7 different scan tools depending on the make and year. I also have a code reader to quickly read or clear codes. It sometimes does wierd things on some makes. Usually on european cars. Thankfully, it's always been temporary.

richard thomas 11-09-2012 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 616941)

Graham

They are black now! :-)