Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/)
-   -   Where can I get an AUX-JAGCD audio-input aux adapter? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/where-can-i-get-aux-jagcd-audio-input-aux-adapter-129085/)

vdpnyc 10-18-2014 08:59 PM

Where can I get an AUX-JAGCD audio-input aux adapter?

The AUX-JAGCD is out-of-stock at AUX-JAGCD Auxiliary input Adapter for Select Jaguar with CD Auto Changer :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces and I can't find it anywhere else...

(anyone want to sell me theirs?)

Lear45 10-24-2014 10:02 PM

Don't believe the website, give them a call. I think it was showing out when I got mine too

rsgensburg 10-25-2014 08:04 AM

I ordered one from Discount Car Stereo a few months ago and they keep telling me it is on backorder. I assume I will never see one. I am using a cassette tape adapter now and it doesn't sound that bad (I usually listen to streamed talk radio but music isn't bad either). I found something interesting though.

Jaguar 98-99 XJ8 with AUX input [JA001] : Factory Radio Service, Car Factory Radio Services

It looks like if you send them your radio module, they will put a small input jack on the front.

Someone also sells a single DIN adapter if you want to put a modern stereo in your car. It ruins the original look, but is not obnoxious looking and you can always convert back to the original if you want.

Jaguar Radio Dash Kit XJ8 XJR Faceplate Stereo Installation - Dashboard Installation Kits

banar 06-21-2015 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by rsgensburg (Post 1086696)
I ordered one from Discount Car Stereo a few months ago and they keep telling me it is on backorder. I assume I will never see one. I am using a cassette tape adapter now and it doesn't sound that bad (I usually listen to streamed talk radio but music isn't bad either). I found something interesting though.

Jaguar 98-99 XJ8 with AUX input [JA001] : Factory Radio Service, Car Factory Radio Services

It looks like if you send them your radio module, they will put a small input jack on the front.

Someone also sells a single DIN adapter if you want to put a modern stereo in your car. It ruins the original look, but is not obnoxious looking and you can always convert back to the original if you want.

Jaguar Radio Dash Kit XJ8 XJR Faceplate Stereo Installation - Dashboard Installation Kits

Did you have a chance to use Factory Radio Service?

rsgensburg 06-22-2015 10:05 AM

Factory Radio Service AUX modification

I haven't sent my radio in for the modification. It looks great, but thought it would be a hassle and expense to pull the radio, send it to them and have it back. My cassette tape adapter works OK for me as I usually stream sports radio thru it and do not need ultra high fidelity. I will occasionally stream music and it doesn't sound that bad. If someone sends there unit in, I would be interested in hearing about their experience.

princemarko 06-25-2015 08:52 AM

Buy the $50 Bluetooth cassette adapter... Works great