Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ40 ( XJ81 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj40-xj81-25/)
-   -   Jaguar Electrical Diagrams FAQ (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj40-xj81-25/jaguar-electrical-diagrams-faq-34886/)

Translator 03-22-2010 09:35 AM

Jaguar Electrical Diagrams FAQ

Hi folks, you might find this link to a whole host of Jaguar electrical diagrams to be a useful source for electrical information. (came accross it with m0t0rm0uth last Autumn)

The site seems to include most Jaguar models by Model/Year. There is undoubtedly some repetition, but there are just too many files for me to download and cross reference them all.

The files are in pdf. format and as is stated, some of them are quite large.

The site: captainjaguarscathouse.com

The Link: Captain Jaguars Electrical Diagrams

Hope you find it useful, if you have not already come across it. There are also other interesting sections in the Resources page.

All the best

mcchaos 05-10-2010 07:53 AM

I found those a while back and I'm using them to diagnosis intermitent starting problem. They are very complete. Great reference!

Mountain Pilot 05-05-2012 06:57 AM

Exactly what I was looking for....

Thanks for the direction.

Noticed that his site just has the maintenance books that are related to the electrical systems, is there a place that has all the book on line? In time I do expect to need additional guidance on other systems.

Richard ( also ) :icon_tinykitball:

Kay 06-12-2014 10:00 AM

the link seems to be dead

Roger95 06-12-2014 07:38 PM

Just my opinion only; I think Jaguar has become more aggressive in protecting its intellectual property.

Don B 06-12-2014 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kay (Post 994282)
the link seems to be dead

Hi Kay,

Unfortunately that entire website went down a few months ago, which is very sad because there was a lot of great information available there. I don't have any reason to believe that Jaguar had anything to do with closing the website down, since much of the same information is still available here and in many other locations on the Web (just not the XJ40 Electrical Guides, unfortunately).

I don't have the XJ40 Electrical Guide in electronic form (I have an actual printed manual), but it's available on the XJ40 Supplementary Information DVD from the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust at a reasonable price. The DVD also contains a lot of other helpful documentation and I highly recommend that all XJ40 owners invest in this DVD. The item number used to be JHM1130, but on the newly-redesigned JDHT website the DVD is listed as SKU: 61130.

Cheers,

Don

motorcarman 06-13-2014 08:34 AM

I already had all of the diagrams from the 1980s onward but the older stuff from the 50s and 60s was a real find.

I sat for HOURS and downloaded a lot of the diagrams because I was afraid that someday this would happen.

bob gauff

Don B 06-13-2014 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by motorcarman (Post 994882)
I already had all of the diagrams from the 1980s onward but the older stuff from the 50s and 60s was a real find.

I sat for HOURS and downloaded a lot of the diagrams because I was afraid that someday this would happen.

bob gauff

Hi Bob,

Do you happen to know what happened to Captain Jaguar? Is there anything those of us in the Jaguar owner community could do to help him?

Don

jaggachafen 07-02-2017 01:51 PM

Would you be able to send me wiring diagrams

Originally Posted by motorcarman (Post 994882)

bob gauff

I really need the wiring diagrams for a 1990 model XJ6 4.0

Having a huge problem with the HVAC.. and the only wiring diagrams I can find is the Haynes one.. Wich in this case is terrible..

Don B 07-02-2017 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by jaggachafen (Post 1713838)
I really need the wiring diagrams for a 1990 model XJ6 4.0

Hi jaggachafen,

You can download the guide here:

Jaguar XJ Electrical Guide 1990

Cheers,

Don