Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ40 ( XJ81 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj40-xj81-25/)
-   -   Make model matching parts/Interior questions (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj40-xj81-25/make-model-matching-parts-interior-questions-182163/)

Jaguar Dre 05-17-2017 12:16 AM

Make model matching parts/Interior questions

Wassup Jaggerz!! Another question what other interior parts can i use for my 88 jaguar xj6 if i cant find the exact year make or models. For example...i need new interior front and back seats and possibly some interior trimming ...what make or model does it stop with that can fit my 88 jaguar xj6???

jerry_hoback 05-17-2017 04:22 PM

Since no one else replied yet, I'll throw my 2cents in. Take this with a grain since I only have 92 and 94. I "Think" the sheet metal and stampings- hence mount holes- are same throughout. I hope I will be corrected if I'm wrong. At this age vehicle it might be simpler to have your existing seats recovered. You can get new carpeting. Then the choice is more yours anyway. As far as trim I think you will have more trouble matching electric plugs than making the parts fit. I ran into this trying to put a 92 mirror on my 94. Instead of cutting and splicing I just got a correct one. Just some food for thought, hope it helps .

Lawrence 05-17-2017 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by jerry_hoback (Post 1685508)
As far as trim I think you will have more trouble matching electric plugs than making the parts fit. I ran into this trying to put a 92 mirror on my 94. Instead of cutting and splicing I just got a correct one.

Agree on Jerry's take on the situation ...also, funny you should mention the mirror swap, Jerry - before I got my '94 parts car, got a mirror of Jim's "Redd" car - (a '92) I still have it fitted but have to remember the "up/down" is now the "side to side"!

Bit of a pain really, but as it's passenger side and I hardly ever adjust it, very low priority in the scheme of things, even though I've got a correct one "in stock".

BTW, tomorrow's the 1st anniversary of my taking ownership of the parts car. Really glad I got it, saved me a bundle so far! :icon_cake:

Cheers

Larry

Don B 05-17-2017 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jaguar Dre (Post 1685031)
what other interior parts can i use for my 88 jaguar xj6 if i cant find the exact year make or models. For example...i need new interior front and back seats and possibly some interior trimming ...what make or model does it stop with that can fit my 88 jaguar xj6???

A lot of questions about parts compatibility can be answered by studying the parts listings at jaguarclassicparts.com, an online Jaguar dealer like jaguarmerriamparts.com, and the Electronic Parts Catalog, which you can download from this forum and install on your computer.

For example, if the part number for your '88 supersedes to one or more part numbers that fit later models, then the parts for those later models will fit your car.

Cheers,

Don

Jaguar Dre 06-27-2017 06:04 AM

Thanks Fellaz

Thanx