Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   This 1973 Jaguar XJ6 Is the Other Pink Cat (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/1973-jaguar-xj6-other-pink-cat-165298/)

Jaguar Forums Editor 07-01-2016 07:11 PM

This 1973 Jaguar XJ6 Is the Other Pink Cat

https://www.jaguarforums.com/wp-cont...agura_pink.jpg

You've heard of the Pink Panther, but have you seen the pink Jaguar? If you could believe it, this is actually a factory color.

Read the rest on the JaguarForum homepage. >>

anjum 07-01-2016 08:36 PM

Looks in great condition, is this a current picture? Is it yours?

jagent 07-02-2016 02:43 AM

Agreed, condition looks great if recent. I guess the colour could be considered an effective anti-theft device...

JagCad 07-02-2016 04:40 AM

Not really. Pink has been used by many, including some very definitely masculine types to signify support for campaigns against breast cancer.
This car would certainly help as an attention getter for that worthy cause.

Way back when, a gal was infamous as a lower court Judge in SOCAL.
She wore pink hot pants under her judicial robe. I'll be she would love this car. These words attributed to her, "vasectomy by 38". Many think she meant castration. Also said to have one handy. She got bumped for odd behavior....

I recall a cosmetic sales endeavour that featured pink cars, Cadillacs usually, but this Jaguar could surely carry the message.

Carl

LnrB 07-02-2016 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jaguar Forums Editor (Post 1491409)

You've heard of the Pink Panther, but have you seen the pink Jaguar? If you could believe it, this is actually a factory color.

Read the rest on the JaguarForum homepage. >>

That's just WRONG!!
(';')

JagCad 07-02-2016 11:41 AM

AWWWW?

Pink and black goes well together, I think. Or mebbe not, daughter with
artistic talent, says my sense of color is lacking...

Way back when, my DIY talented in some areas decided to paint his
33 Chevrolet tudor. He chose maroon. Then decided to make it a tutone car by modifying the maroon paint. Pink was the result. No way for him. So, tutone abandoned.

Some years later, the little Chev was tired. Mechanics not his thing.
I wanted it. almost got it. Mom??? An uncle got it. Scraped. It's rear
axle became part of a devoice to pick up baled hay in the field and lift it to a trailer. I did get some time on that trailer with a hay hook, stacking the bales as Unc drove the truck along the rows of baled hay. The semi was a 42 Chevrolet. Later lumped with a WWII surplus
270 CI Jimmy.

Relativity... I dunno.

Carl

Rivguy 07-02-2016 11:49 AM

The series I XJ6 is such a beautiful car, this one appears in great shape. It looks nice in this color, though I don't know if I would like a pink car. BRG for me. I wanted an early XJ6 but knew I wasn't prepared to work on an early one, at the moment. When I am ready though-

sov211 07-02-2016 03:09 PM

The colour is Heather; there was also a mauve Lavender, and other repulsive Leyland-era colours. The most acceptable were the British Racing Green, silver, rare black, Regency Red....one of the most common was the utterly dull Sable which was a mid milky brown ... The entire colour palette is best forgotten. It continued into the early Series III period with the unfortunate Cotswold Yellow, so unattractive that cars in this colour had to be repainted before they could be moved from dealers' lots. Things improved by about 1982.

anjum 07-02-2016 07:08 PM

Elvis had a pink cadillac!

JagCad 07-04-2016 09:50 AM

Anjum:

We did too!!!

In about 1959, I attended as a special guest at tow yard auction. I bid and won a 1941 Cadillac convertible coupe. Pink!!! Just an old car then. The other bidders were junk yard guys. Little appeal to them for parts sources. As iron, just mebbe!!!

Taken from two bank robbers in flight by deputy sherifs. The massive hood/bonnet popped open and "blinded" them.

Sat for about a year in Brawley, Ca. Hot as h.., but little or no rain.
Top/hood down. Vinyl pretty well cooked.

Added a borrowed battery, dumped in a bout 5 gallons of fresh gas and amazingly, it fired right up!!! Drove the thirty miles to Holtville, where we lived with no apparent issues.

Big flat head V8. 4 speed Hydromatic transmission. Hydraulic or vacuum top/hood lines rotted. I got the top/hood open. White canvass just barely existing. 8.20 x 15 U.S Royal Master white walls
still OK. Premium tire in those days.

For the fun, I added a spot light on the driver's "A" pillar. Looked sporty. worked also.

Wifey loved her pink Cadillac convertible. She was just getting the hang of car driving. managed it sorta. No PA or PB. but, automatic
suited her fine.

Adventures for another day....

Carl

anjum 07-05-2016 05:19 PM

This for your wifey

Always liked that song.

JagCad 07-06-2016 09:21 AM

Wifey passed in 09! Sad. ? She would've been pleased.

I'll try it on another machine. This one is sans sound???
As am I, to an extent.

Thanks.

Carl

anjum 07-06-2016 05:48 PM

Sorry to hear that, she sounds like she had good taste.

JagCad 07-07-2016 10:02 AM

Me, the Cadillac or the tune!!!

Carl

anjum 07-07-2016 06:15 PM

Never criticise your partners taste, after all she picked you!!!

JagCad 07-08-2016 07:00 AM

True, but.....

Was my taste better than hers, I picked her, or did I?

Carl

slofut 07-08-2016 08:46 PM

Wow, can't be many of those. Is that a current pic? It's in awesome shape.