Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   1987 XJ6 Shift cable for sale (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/1987-xj6-shift-cable-sale-141739/)

marvin.d.miller 04-27-2015 07:52 AM

1987 XJ6 Shift cable for sale

Howdy! My daughter had an 87 XJ6 and her "genius" boyfriend decided that since the car wouldn't shift out of park, that it needed a new cable. I took her to the Seattle British Auto yard and she purchased a used one for $85.00.

Then the "genius" boyfriend realized that the cable just needed adjustment...

SO, my daughter has asked me to see if I could help her sell the cable. So, here I am.

1987 XJ6 shift cable, $50.00 or best offer. I'll pay the shipping.

Marvin

:icon_banana::icon_banana::icon_banana:

JagCad 04-27-2015 09:37 AM

Wow, 85 smackers!!!!

And for a used one? I suspect a new one wouldn't cost a whole lot more!!

Johns cars offers a "better' version. he claims the early ones are subject to swage failure. It happened to me, luckily in m y drive during the "lumping" process.

But, your offer seems more than fair!!

Side bar: Yeah, that brings back days of my encounters with my daughter's "genius" boy friends. Chuckle...

Carl

davidboger 04-28-2015 06:38 PM

Marvin..

If you can't sell it, and need something else, I could help you out with a trade...

Cheers
David
Everyday XJ

marvin.d.miller 04-29-2015 07:21 AM

I would like to thank both of you for making sure I cannot sell the shift cable. Thanks a lot...

You have officially offended a forum member.

JagCad 04-29-2015 10:54 AM

Wow!

You sure are easily offended. I meant none. and, I am absolutely sure David meant none.

I merely spoke my piece, no more, no less l to be accepted or rejected.

I even inserted a bit of humor as to "daughter boy friend choices".

Most Dad's never think any of them are good enough

Carl

davidboger 04-29-2015 11:10 AM

Carl...

My first response was one that suggested his daughter could find a better source for parts, and without thinking I inserted a link on my site, merely to illustrate my point. Of course it was almost midnight, and I didn't think the link thing through.. So this morning, after having another look at the post, I edited my original post. I made my apologies to Mr Miller, but will also make my apologies to the forum... Although not intended, perhaps bad taste on my part.
I'll retreat back to the warehouse now, to do what I do best........

Cheers
David

JagCad 04-29-2015 11:18 AM

David:

You have more than one skill, the warehouse is merely one of them.

I see no harm in offering options. to the contrary, shopping for options is a great thing.

Too bad, GM LT1 starters are not amongst your stock !!!

I am shopping for one for my car. A "used" one from a high dollar yard probably not in the mix!!!

Carl