Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   "74 Jaguar XJ12 Series 2 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/74-jaguar-xj12-series-2-a-165796/)

MissMinerva 07-11-2016 10:44 PM

"74 Jaguar XJ12 Series 2

In 1987 my husband bought me my beautiful jag! He died 6 months later. After
that I decided to start rebuilding it! Anyone who knows my car, knows, anything replaced has to be original... Down to the screws that hold the license plate! I started with the engine! Rebuilt the
Original engine, rebuilt both carberators, let's just say I rebuilt everything mechanical!
Then I had the entire body gone over, all u joints replaced, I had them cut all the rust out, and new metal put back! I started replacing stuff inside, all the selanoid motors for the electric Windows! All the wood is great, except the lacquer Is cracked, replaced the dash and front window. Has all original wheels! That's as much as I could do at the time! Really the only thing left that's really bad, is the headliner. The leather seats are in alright condition. I am the 3rd owner, the 1st owner
came from California, the 2nd from Meridian
Idaho and I am in Boise, Idaho!
"94 I parked it, in my garage with a cover on it after a plug came out and oil went all over my garage floor.....for the 2nd time!
There was only 1 jaguar mechanic here at the time and I was so pissed off......I couldn't deal with it anymore! I had 2 kids
That we're more important, so I parked it!!!
I would really like to sell it now, my kids are grown and gone. But I really want it to go to someone who can appreciate my car!
Only 5000 were made! Daimler is across my instrument panel! It is not the double 6,
It's the v12 ! Having it sit for so many years, well you know it's going to have to be gone through!
For the serious person, I would be more than happy to send pictures of everything or even better, we could "FaceTime" and you would know forsure!!!!!!!! I won't sell it to anyone that I don't feel is the right person!
So if your not a collector or someone serious that wants to keep it original.......
Don't Bother!

Grant Francis 07-11-2016 10:50 PM

Welcome.

And I agree, stand your ground.

Carby V12's are rare in any country.

The right person will appear, it may be soon, or a tad later.

MissMinerva 07-11-2016 10:57 PM

Only to the right person!!!!!!!!!!

In 1987 my husband bought me my beautiful jag! He died 6 months later. After
that I decided to start rebuilding it! Anyone who knows my car, knows, anything replaced has to be original... Down to the screws that hold the license plate! I started with the engine! Rebuilt the
Original engine, rebuilt both carberators, let's just say I rebuilt everything mechanical!
Then I had the entire body gone over, all u joints replaced, I had them cut all the rust out, and new metal put back! I started replacing stuff inside, all the selanoid motors for the electric Windows! All the wood is great, except the lacquer Is cracked, replaced the dash and front window. Has all original wheels! That's as much as I could do at the time! Really the only thing left that's really bad, is the headliner. The leather seats are in alright condition. I am the 3rd owner, the 1st owner
came from California, the 2nd from Meridian
Idaho and I am in Boise, Idaho!
"94 I parked it, in my garage with a cover on it after a plug came out and oil went all over my garage floor.....for the 2nd time!
There was only 1 jaguar mechanic here at the time and I was so pissed off......I couldn't deal with it anymore! I had 2 kids
That we're more important, so I parked it!!!
I would really like to sell it now, my kids are grown and gone. But I really want it to go to someone who can appreciate my car!
Only 5000 were made! Daimler is across my instrument panel! It is not the double 6,
It's the v12 ! Having it sit for so many years, well you know it's going to have to be gone through!
For the serious person, I would be more than happy to send pictures of everything or even better, we could "FaceTime" and you would know for sure!!!!!!!! I won't sell it to anyone that I don't feel is the right person!
So if your not a collector or someone serious that wants to keep it original.......
Don't Bother!

JagCad 07-12-2016 01:06 AM

Awww, but, you are too far away and I'm too far down the trail
to add that adventure. Would be immensely tempting.

I think Double six and V12 are somewhat interchangeable terms.
Same car, same engine. Daimler or Jaguar badging.... Trim a bit different, though.

History might be interesting. Daimler badged cars not sold in USA, I think. Mercedes owns the badge here. A bit foggy on that, though.

Carl