XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

85 Vanden Plas Intake Manifold Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 85 Vanden Plas Intake Manifold Sensors

My intake manifold has what appears to be four sensors screwed into its top: front to back is the thermotime switch (part of the cold start circuit), next (right behind the coil) is what looks like a screwed in sensor with a single green (ground?) wire attached, in the third position is the water temperature sensor (which I'm replacing) and last is a screwed in sensor with two wires attached. Can somebody identify what #2 and #4 sensors are?

Old 07-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,749 Likes on 7,100 Posts

Originally Posted by jpbmass
My intake manifold has what appears to be four sensors screwed into its top: front to back is the thermotime switch (part of the cold start circuit), next (right behind the coil) is what looks like a screwed in sensor with a single green (ground?) wire attached,
Single green wire = sending unit for the temp gauge on the dashboard

n the third position is the water temperature sensor (which I'm replacing) and last is a screwed in sensor with two wires attached. Can somebody identify what #2 and #4 sensors are?

#4 is a temp switch that, in conjunction with the air switching module, operates the air injection pump diverter valve.

The air switching module is mounted on the RH inner fender, near the diagonal engine bay brace. It also has some degree of control over open loop/closed loop switching and (as I recall) the electric cannister purge valve.

Cheers
DD

The following users liked this post:
jpbmass (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As always, accurate and useful information -- thanks, Doug.