Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adapted a S3 Sovereign ski slope to S1 XJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Adapted a S3 Sovereign ski slope to S1 XJ

They are very similar in total... but the S3 Sovereign slope is missing the bottom two tabs for the window switch panel screws that the S1 uses.

I cut off my old tab with the two holes, ground it down and a local shop TIG welded it in place...

I gained a better looking ski slope, a switch mounted in the flat portion of the slope (it is the same as a window switch) that I will use to turn on/off the Cibie Halogen driving lights that in the inner light position on the hood. High/low beams are now the seven inch Halogen outer lights.

I replaced the defective cigarette lighter (I used it for power for the portable GPS) with a new universal one that now lights up when the car engine is on... I installed the new dual USB charging ports in the center console bin and they function still as well.

I apologize for the poor quality photo due to the sunlight coming into the garage.

Attached Thumbnails Adapted a S3 Sovereign ski slope to S1 XJ-imag2103.jpg   Adapted a S3 Sovereign ski slope to S1 XJ-dual-usb-center-console-1-.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Roger Mabry:
Doug (11-10-2016), Grant Francis (11-10-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Cibie driving lights working now off ski slope switch

After a lot of problems, I got the relay properly wired to be controlled by the ski slope switch. All the new wire are now properly wrapped and a
Mini inline fuse is installed.

My desire is to have the Cibie driving lights - in the inner hood position, work by themselves - separate of the High/Low beams. The outer lights
are seven inch Halogen lights with High and Low beams.

I am not sure how much light they will put out so I want to be able to test them... will aim the car at the garage tonight to make sure the headlights
are aimed properly and then test out the drivings light and their position.

Attached Thumbnails Adapted a S3 Sovereign ski slope to S1 XJ-driving-lights-.jpg