Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   Almost ready for paint!! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/almost-ready-paint-130737/)

Darrenmb 11-09-2014 03:01 PM

Almost ready for paint!!

2 Attachment(s)
here is how she looks right this minute!!! just gotta make a couple more trips around her to make sure everything is perfect! shes close!!!!

anjum 11-09-2014 03:30 PM

Looking good!
Will look great when painted.

LnrB 11-09-2014 06:17 PM

Wait a minute! Something's missing! Hmm.......
Oh yeah! The marker lights!
lol
That looks really nice, Darren.
(';')

Napoleon Solo 11-10-2014 12:39 AM

Wish I was that far along - Looks crazy good.

Darrenmb 11-12-2014 09:40 AM

Shes ready!!!!! Going to paint shop next week!!!! They are going to reprime and resand before they shoot the color just in case my job isnt good enough im so happy!!!!!!

JagCad 11-12-2014 10:15 AM

Sure does look good. Envious of all that room!!!

Off topic: The site was down earlier!!!

My Jaguar thrash continues. Electrics, ugh.

Carl

Darrenmb 11-13-2014 10:41 AM

There's not as much room as you think! When bumpers are on the car you cannot wal around it when garage closed and when wifes escape is i garage too you cannot open jag drivers door or escape passenger doors! Of course i do havr work benches along one side and a whole bunch of stuff along other side wall! Plus the beer fridge! Think i may do some.reworking while car is being painted. Wont help much with length but should be able to gain at least 4 ft across!!!!

o1xjr 11-13-2014 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Darrenmb (Post 1100325)
There's not as much room as you think!

Looking good so far.
I know what you are saying about garage space.

Attachment 100583

Darrenmb 11-13-2014 05:59 PM

I am officially starting to panic! flatbed comes monday morning at 8! what if i dont have everything perfect? what if i forgot something? what if car wont start monday morning? what if they paint it wrong color? what if what if what if?? car has only been away from me once in the 9 years i have owned it and that was for a new transmission, and that didn't go well!! they got grease all over door cards, didn't set throttle cable right, broke exhaust pipe!! They made it right in the end, but it didn't leave me with a good feeling!!!! Hopefully my panic is overkill!!! is it normal to hyperventilate over a car??
Heres a cool fact though! when i finally bought this car and got it all fixed up i drove it to my mums house to show it off! She laughed! said she was wondering if i would ever have one being as i was almost born in one! She was driven to hospital in labor in 1968 and a mark 2!!! funny that's the car i really wanted!!! but the xj6 was second choice!! always wanted one of either!!!! never knew that little bit of info though!!

LnrB 11-13-2014 08:42 PM

Darren, living in the What Ifs will kill you!
Chill, Dude!
Have another beer.
(';')

o1xjr 11-14-2014 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Darrenmb (Post 1100645)
what if they paint it wrong color? what if what if what if??

:icon_hyper:
Don't worry about the small things.
Just panic when they can't find it when you go to pick it up.:icon_wink:

anjum 11-14-2014 06:34 PM

:icon_lurk5::icon_lurk5::icon_lurk5:

Mkii250 11-15-2014 12:20 PM

When my old MGB was returned to me on a flatbed after just having been painted, the front valence got smashed during the unloading. I'm sure that won't happen to you though, Darren. Don't worry.

(was this helpful?)

Darrenmb 11-15-2014 01:45 PM

not helpful at all!!! lol

I painted my MGB myself! but i had 12x24 shed back then!! plenty of room to walk around, i reassembled it in the garage though! pics of it in my photos!!

Darrenmb 11-15-2014 02:16 PM

she is sitting outside in the sunshine!!! first time shes seen real daylight in over a year!! had to pull it out to look at my bodywork in daylight! thankfully i see nothing that needs attention, so i just took 400 grit sandpaper and wet sanded before she leaves!!!
now shes drying!!! neighbours are giving me funny looks, had no clue i had her hidden away! she even gets attention with no glass and covered in tape and paper!!!

LnrB 11-16-2014 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Darrenmb (Post 1101934)
[...] she even gets attention with no glass and covered in tape and paper!!!

That's when they get the most attention. If they're complete, they're just another car. But now it's a mystery waiting to be revealed.
(';')

Darrenmb 11-16-2014 10:33 AM

There is s downside of having the car out of the garage, i saw how disgusting my floor has become!!! oh well its another job to do while shes out for paint!!