Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   A/c Amplifier (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/c-amplifier-81659/)

Bearing1 01-09-2020 06:56 PM

AC amp.

Yes I still am doing them and still 200.00 shipped within the USA, overseas shipping is extra whatever it costs me passed on to you.

LnrB 01-10-2020 10:42 AM

I got a New Amp from Jag-Aire, October 2018. Cured my problem!
www.Jag-Aire.com.
He makes them according to original specs but with modern components.
Gary posts in here sometimes, good fella to do business with. Check him out.
(';')

ebbnflow00 02-02-2020 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bearing1 (Post 2176845)
Yes I still am doing them and still 200.00 shipped within the USA, overseas shipping is extra whatever it costs me passed on to you.

Hey Bearing1. I just got myself an 87 xj6 with a dead ac amplifier. System is stuck on cold. I can manually switch to heat by powering the servo motor directly. When I plug the AC amplifier in, it switches back to cold no matter where the temp is set. Temperature adjustment pot and servo feedback pot check out ok. Temp feedback reads 17k with ambient around ,55f. Pretty sure it's the amp. Thanks for taking the time to reverse engineer one of these!!! How do I order one from you?

ebbnflow00 02-13-2020 03:34 PM

I want to follow up on this thread to let others know that Bearing1 is a stand up guy. I paid him for an AC amplifier and had it in my hands 3 days later. It's been installed for about a week and my delenaire system is back in action. Thanks Bearing1. You provide a great service to this niche community.

Deanfitz27 05-09-2020 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bearing1 (Post 2176845)

how can I purchase one?

Bearing1 05-10-2020 07:08 AM

Just email me at Bearing1@gmail.com
I will get you one on the way ASAP
If you are in the USA shipping is included
If outside USA $200.00 + shipping at cost

Deanfitz27 05-10-2020 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Deanfitz27 (Post 2230308)
how can I purchase one?

I'm in Canada , so it should be no issue. I realize shipping will be extra. Do you have a pic of your amp?. I assume it works the same? Is yourS similar to jag aire? Tks

Deanfitz27 05-27-2020 12:06 PM

Stuck in AC

Wondering if anyone could lead me in the correct direction. I have a 86 xj 6 which the climate control is stuck in AC. I have tried the water value, with no luck. I also just replaced the amplifier with a new one, still no luck. Where I turn the temperature knob back and forth from 65 to 85 I dont hear servos moving. Is there possibly a fuse to look for? Are the temp switches them self known to fail? Thanks for any help

Yellow series3 05-27-2020 12:20 PM

Well, I hate to say it but your servo could be bad. Could be other things but the amplifier tells the servo to move. Take off the cheek panel on the side opposite from the amplifier, that's where the servo is. With the panel off you can hear it better and you should see the little levers move when you turn the temp knob from high to low and back. Keep in mind it is electromechanical and it has a slight lag time from when you turn the knob. Engine running, of course.

Jeff

Doug 05-27-2020 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Deanfitz27 (Post 2239278)
Is there possibly a fuse to look for?

The system has four fuses, actually.

One on the ground wire to the amplifier
One on the brown/yellow wires, clipped to the side of the main HVAC case, behind the console RH cheek panel
Two in the RH fuse panel...although I can't remember exactly which two at the moment

Cheers
DD

Jose 05-27-2020 12:29 PM

yes there is a hidden fuse for the Servo. Located above and to the rear of the servo, near the firewall, passenger side in LEFT HAND DRIVE cars.

remove the black plastic floor vent screws and then pull the panel.towards the engine.
The fuse is in its own fuseholder.

Deanfitz27 05-27-2020 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Yellow series3 (Post 2239284)
Well, I hate to say it but your servo could be bad. Could be other things but the amplifier tells the servo to move. Take off the cheek panel on the side opposite from the amplifier, that's where the servo is. With the panel off you can hear it better and you should see the little levers move when you turn the temp knob from high to low and back. Keep in mind it is electromechanical and it has a slight lag time from when you turn the knob. Engine running, of course.

Jeff

I just hajudge car running with the cover off, no servo action

Deanfitz27 05-27-2020 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 2239286)
The system has four fuses, actually.

One on the ground wire to the amplifier
One on the brown/yellow wires, clipped to the side of the main HVAC case, behind the console RH cheek panel
Two in the RH fuse panel...although I can't remember exactly which two at the moment

Cheers
DD

I just checked my fuses, all appear good. Is there any way to check the servo or power it up? Is it hard to take out?

Greg in France 05-28-2020 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Deanfitz27 (Post 2239298)
I just checked my fuses, all appear good. Is there any way to check the servo or power it up? Is it hard to take out?

Go to JagAire's website, they have clear instructions about how to test the servo, and can supply rebuilt ones if needed.