XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

Cruise control

Old 07-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cruise control

Ok...my cruise control worked on day and now it has stopped. I check the fuse on the drivers side make speed conto it is a 2amp and it is good. I checked the switch and I havev12v there on one leg and when I turn the switch to on I then have q2v on another leg...so I'm assuming that the switch is good. I then went to the relay under the clove compartment and I don't have any power there at all. Did Jag put another fuse or circuit breaker that I'm missing? Please help.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,547 Likes on 4,859 Posts

Did you check vacuum supply to the bellows?

Also, the bellows itself will often develop leaks at the end plates. Easily re-sealed.

No additional fuse or breaker.

By 'relay' I assume you mean the cruise control module. If you are not getting voltage to the c/c module from the c/c switch on the yellow/orange wire, and the switch is OK, then you have a bad connection somewhere

Cheers
DD

The following users liked this post:
Jag7651 (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Did you check vacuum supply to the bellows?

Also, the bellows itself will often develop leaks at the end plates. Easily re-sealed.

No additional fuse or breaker.

By 'relay' I assume you mean the cruise control module. If you are not getting voltage to the c/c module from the c/c switch on the yellow/orange wire, and the switch is OK, then you have a bad connection somewhere

Cheers
DD
Thanks for the reply Doug. There was a relay blue in color right above the cc module. It may not even be for the cc haha. I haven't messed with the cc module yet I did use your link off of another post to jag lovers and that was good info. I did check the switch on the brake pedal and it is working as it should. The bellows looks fine to me. I'm going to use that article to trouble shoot maybe tomorrow. I suspect the set switch on the column. Why do I because I had it apart to repair my wiper switch so as the old saying goes....show me where you been and that probably where the problem is.haha

Old 07-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,338 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Yes, the Stalk switch has a black ground wire at the Set Button which connects to another black ground wire at the top center of the steering column. It is a bullet connector. Very easy to make it come off the connector when working in the area. The Blue relay above the Speed Control module is the Wipers Delay relay.