Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   Fuel injector cleaning services (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/fuel-injector-cleaning-services-67369/)

busfreak 01-29-2012 10:36 PM

Fuel injector cleaning services

Who does the best job of rebuilding and cleaning a set of xj6 injectors.

Doug 01-30-2012 07:21 AM

I've used.....

Jaguar Fuel Injector Service

....several times.

Outstanding service.

The owner is David. Great guy.

Cheers
DD

Norri 01-30-2012 08:49 AM

Brutal has recommended these guys in the past they're based in Houston.
Professional Fuel Injector Cleaning Service : Injector Cleaning Service : Injector Cleaning : Clogged injectors : Injector Flow Testing : InjectorRX.com

amcdonal86 01-30-2012 10:06 AM

How does this compare to just using Techron or similar fuel additive?

busfreak 01-30-2012 07:10 PM

I took my injectors out and they just look bad, the o rings are cracked the pintal caps on the end are not in very good shape and the car has been sitting for a long time and does not idle very well. It just is time for a good rebuild.

Brutal 01-30-2012 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by amcdonal86 (Post 462359)
How does this compare to just using Techron or similar fuel additive?

about the same as taking a pill to loose weight:)
send them off there is NO comparison

amcdonal86 03-03-2012 09:49 PM

My injectors seem to be extremely noisy. I thought it was the tappet guides, but the tappet guides were not loose at all and didn't show any signs of cam damage.

1983 Jaguar XJ6 engine revving under hood - YouTube

Is it possible that a sticky/defective/clogged injector could make this sort of noise? It doesn't seem to get louder or quieter the higher the revs, although the rhythm of it does correspond with the RPMs. It happens the same cold or hot!

NBCat 03-04-2012 12:03 AM

When you were installing the tappet guide 'stake-down' kit, did you happen to inspect the valve clearances?

NBCat

amcdonal86 03-04-2012 07:52 AM

Nope. But the noise, I realize now, is clearly coming from the intake side of the engine.

If I wanted to inspect valve clearances on the intake side, how would I do that? Also can the valves be adjusted easily or does the head have to come off?

NBCat 03-04-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by amcdonal86 (Post 477951)
Nope. But the noise, I realize now, is clearly coming from the intake side of the engine.

If I wanted to inspect valve clearances on the intake side, how would I do that? Also can the valves be adjusted easily or does the head have to come off?

To inspect the valve clearances on the inlet side, remove the cam cover and rotate the engine as needed to check the clearances with the cam lobes facing up on each valve. If the valves need to be adjusted the cam must be removed along with the tappet to change the adjusting shim located underneath.

It is possible that there also may be a loose tappet guide(s) and while not very common, it does happen on occasion that one or more of the inlet tappet guides may have come loose.

If you plan on removing the injectors for service, it will be interesting to note if there is a change in the 'clicking' sound they make once they're reinstalled.

NBCat

davidboger 03-06-2012 06:38 PM

A second vote for Dave Faircloth.... Jaguar Fuel Injector Service...
Jaguar Fuel Injector Service

One of the best links I've ever seen for the process of breaking down the fuel injectors and explaining the cleaning service:
Jaguar XJ6 SIII injector replacement

Cheers!
David Boger
Everyday XJ

Gus 03-06-2012 07:31 PM

Bg 44k!

targettorontomaid 03-21-2012 01:59 AM

Re

Thanks Norri for the information as I too belongs to cleaning services and looking for elaborating this in vehicle cleaning services too.

Toronto Cleaning Services

sneal46 03-21-2012 05:58 PM

When I had my injectors cleaned due to rusty gas being sucked into the system, David Faircloth was the man I used. The write up David linked was an easy to follow process of removal and installation. Having never worked with injectors on any car let alone a Jag, this process was not only easier than I expected but certainly more cost effective than taking it to an Indy. The car ran so much better afterwards. A highly recommended do it yourself project.