Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   I'm back again! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/im-back-again-217097/)

Mr.Hotrod 04-29-2019 11:05 PM

I'm back again!

Hello everyone, after a long absence and time away from Jaguars, I'm back! I'm glad to see familiar screen names still here, and will make a post regarding the current state of affairs of my Series 3 soon. The Chevy lump is on the way out with the goal of replacing it with a European inline 6, although not of British origin.

Glad to be back
Evan

LnrB 04-29-2019 11:54 PM

Hello, Evan,
Welcome back from ElinorB.
(';')

Daf11e 04-30-2019 01:12 AM

Welcome back aboard Evan.

o1xjr 04-30-2019 06:17 AM

Welcome back

pjprofili 04-30-2019 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Hotrod (Post 2062727)
... a European inline 6, although not of British origin...
Evan

BMW, perchance?

JagCad 04-30-2019 11:09 AM

AMC or Mopar 4.0 OHV, as found in Jeeps!!!

Welcome back. Get us up to date !!!

Carl

Mr.Hotrod 04-30-2019 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by pjprofili (Post 2062875)
BMW, perchance?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I will be swapping a turbocharged S52 and manual transmission into her, using the stock BMW DME, E36 clutch hydraulics, and a custom driveshaft due to the BMW having non-serviceable universal joints.

David84XJ6 04-30-2019 07:39 PM

Jaguar Land Rover will gradually phase out its V8 and V6 engines and replace them with high-performance versions of its Ingenium straight-six engine, according to a new reports from Autocar.

Future "Lump" to replace GM V8s in Classic Jaguars. I am going to order a "crate engine" as soon as dealers will accept orders!!!!

LnrB 05-01-2019 08:54 AM

I clicked on your link, (thank you for that) and Immediately got a HUGE Overlay plastered across the screen making it Impossible to read unless I Whitelist them!
Nope!
Not That interested.
Moving on..........
(';')

ronbros 05-01-2019 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by David84XJ6 (Post 2063329)
Jaguar Land Rover will gradually phase out its V8 and V6 engines and replace them with high-performance versions of its Ingenium straight-six engine, according to a new reports from Autocar.

Future "Lump" to replace GM V8s in Classic Jaguars. I am going to order a "crate engine" as soon as dealers will accept orders!!!!

!

OK it will take more than a crate engine to make the complete conversion ,, altho i have heard good reviews on that Ingenium engine!
what ECU are you considering and associated components!
ron

David84XJ6 05-01-2019 08:22 PM

'OK it will take more than a crate engine to make the complete conversion ,, altho i have heard good reviews on that Ingenium engine!
what ECU are you considering and associated components!
ron'

Just "dreaming" right now, but first assumptions would be to stick with Engine and Transmission ECU/TC and their associated sensors. Use new electronic accelerator peddle assembly to talk with TB. Will certainly wait a few seasons for bugs to develope, and be sorted out by SBs. My son is a software engineer, so think at this stage, non-essential "Political Correct" signals to computers could be muted within the computer to keep it from having a Hissie-fit.
Just something to look forward to!!!!I have owned and maintained 3 Jaguars with XK engines ( 3.8S, XKE & XJ6) and wife has had two BMW S3 all with straight sixs and many miles on them.
If the GB pound recovers, it may be too expensive a project, I could be just as happy with Evan's S52 BMW six project.
I don't see many in the next generation interested in how cars work, other than Blue-tooth and MP4 casting. So, although my son enjoyed driving the XKE and even used it as his wedding ride, they don't seem interested in being seen in XJ6 regardless of engine.

Regards David

JagCad 05-02-2019 11:30 AM

My lump appears on my son's performance parts web site!!

My dear departed considered it her Jaguar. She was right, as usual. I the driver and maintenance guy.

Daughter is feline is inclined. The 'catmobile" is her name for it.

I respect the choice of others. But, BMW in a Jaguar!!!!!

OTH, some guy was installing a big Cummins diesel in an XJS!!!i

Or, the flat head Ford V8 in a Model A Ford Chassis topped by a T roadster body...

Carl

ronbros 05-03-2019 07:49 PM

no doubt the mellinials are not interested in Cars/motorcycles,, different ERA ,different educations, produce completely different ROBOTS!

i have a 35 yr old son in law,, he cant drive a manual shift car , gets all fumbled up and gives up sayin its useless to drive like that when automatic is simple!!
ron