Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   Looking for Body Kit (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/looking-body-kit-11006/)

Intermilanfan 02-08-2009 06:15 PM

Looking for Body Kit

Hi guys! I am a Jag fan for the looks, but I think the functionality is horrible.

I am completely customizing my 1987 XJ6 into a show car. I am currently swamping the factory 6 cyl engine and trans out for a completely overhauled 500HP GM LS1 and 4 speed auto. I have custom valve covers with Jaguar logos (but it is still a GM motor/trans).

I am also completely renovating and customizing the interior (black/dark grey) with the original wood paneling. I went all out for custom leather Jaguar inlays on the seats. They are amazing.

When I am finished with the engine, suspension, interior, etc. I have suicide doors in the works, shaved door handles, custom racing style mirrors, and a spoiler. I would like to put on ground effects (before I paint).

Erebuni used to make a really nice kit for the 79-87 XJ series, but I have heard that they discontinued this in 2006. Does anyone know where I can get a kit with full front and side skirts and bumper covers?

I promise to post photos when I am done, so far I have over $10K invested (after car purchase), and I expect to have over $15-20K by the time it is finished. All I can say for now is it is really coming together.

Jose 02-08-2009 07:54 PM

check with Steve at SK Jag Tech in the UK. He has a body kit in his red XJ.

http://tinyurl.com/5eq3m2

and I sure would like to see the finished car and modifications.

Jose

Intermilanfan 02-09-2009 04:21 PM

Thanks mate. I will definately post photos when finished.

moronthethrottle 02-10-2009 02:12 PM

pix please!

Man fan, you're ambitious...and well funded! I like your plans, especially the suicide doors. You should start a build thread and post all your in process pictures with explanations. I'm not so sure I like the idea of ground effects, but it's your car-have at it! I may be dissuaded with the proper photos....;)

Raiderfan001 03-04-2009 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd like to see pics as well. My 74 has shaved door handles and side markers and it makes for a real clean look. As far as suicide doors, if it were me I think i'd only suicide the back doors. Thats just my preference though. I'm not going to really make mine a show car but it should look presentable after i'm done with it. New paint and tires/wheels will be next. And then the interior could use a refresh too.

I'm at work so I only have one pic but here it is...just don't laugh at the color it won't be pink for much longer lol. But if you'd like to see what the shaved handles and side markers looks like this should help.

Intermilanfan 03-04-2009 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Raiderfan001 (Post 99480)
I'd like to see pics as well. My 74 has shaved door handles and side markers and it makes for a real clean look. As far as suicide doors, if it were me I think i'd only suicide the back doors. Thats just my preference though. I'm not going to really make mine a show car but it should look presentable after i'm done with it. New paint and tires/wheels will be next. And then the interior could use a refresh too.

I'm at work so I only have one pic but here it is...just don't laugh at the color it won't be pink for much longer lol. But if you'd like to see what the shaved handles and side markers looks like this should help.

Wow, just as I had suspected, the shaved door handles look great.

I am mostly working on the interior and searching for the body kit, ATM. I have the new engine in a machine shop, but I am using the car fairly regularly with the stock 6 cyl and trans. I haven't installed anything as of yet. I had a nice set of rims, but even with mods, they did not fit (there is $1200 wasted).

I was only planning on reversing the hinges on the rear doors. I will get some photos when I have something more than stock ready to show.

Raiderfan001 03-06-2009 01:42 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Ya I really like the look. Heres some more.