Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   master light switch (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/master-light-switch-180555/)

lewisj 04-23-2017 03:01 PM

master light switch

have been trying to remove headlight switch, turns on side lights but headlights won't come on and side lights go off when switch is turned on fully.. can anyone give me a few hints

Roger Mabry 04-23-2017 04:51 PM

Hard to give you help without the year and model of Jaguar.

cat_as_trophy 04-24-2017 12:26 AM

Greetings Lewis. Suggest you go to the "New Member Area" and post an intro. Doing so will not only roll out appropriate welcome, but show you how to best use the resources of the forum, place model & year in your sig etc.

Best wishes,
:icon_toast:
Ken

sov211 04-24-2017 07:15 PM

Assuming that this is an XJ, it would be very helpful if you told us the market origen of this car; if it is a U.K. car, for example, it has a totally different switch than fitted to the Canadian and US cars, not sure which switch the Australian and NZ cars have. If this is a UK car, is it possible that you have the switch depressed ( meaning pushed in)? If so, the functions will differ from those enabled with the switch out.

jagent 04-24-2017 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by sov211 (Post 1668209)
Assuming that this is an XJ, it would be very helpful if you told us the market origen of this car; if it is a U.K. car, for example, it has a totally different switch than fitted to the Canadian and US cars, not sure which switch the Australian and NZ cars have. If this is a UK car, is it possible that you have the switch depressed ( meaning pushed in)? If so, the functions will differ from those enabled with the switch out.

Agreed. Need model & region. BTW, AU & NZ cars have same switch as UK.

sov211 04-26-2017 06:37 PM

Is there a black hole into which OPs drop after asking for help?

LnrB 04-26-2017 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by sov211 (Post 1669839)
Is there a black hole into which OPs drop after asking for help?

Only if they don't give us the details of their car in their sig.:icon_fryingpan:
(';')

Jagfixer 04-26-2017 07:16 PM

It's a Jag, they are all the same! Anyway, that's what I was told once.

Jose 04-27-2017 06:34 AM

I asked the moderators to make it a registration requisite for the model and year of the car to be part of the registering routine, otherwise the registration does not go through as in:
"ERROR: YOU MUST ENTER YOUR CAR YEAR AND MODEL"

they stated it doesn't work, people don't want to go beyond their user name and e-mail.

since last week, this forum has had three X300 / XJ40 / XJS owners asking questions about their cars. Not to mention the ones that dissapear after posting questions.

JagCad 04-27-2017 10:05 AM

All the same !! The classic categorical statement that is false upon it's face.
Some things from my college days stuck. This one by Professor Roth.

Carl

Jose 04-27-2017 02:38 PM

phpBB, the Bulletin Board program-system used in this forum, is easily configured to do whatever the Administrators want;

Example: I am a Global Moderator at the International Jaguar S type Register forum, (the Classic S type, 1963-1968), and I've have to learn how to move / edit / delete posts and topics, and ban spammers. It is great forum software.

recently, modern S type owners (1999-on S type), and XJ-S owners, have been placing Ads for parts wanted or for sale, even though the Front Page tells you that "this website deals exclusively with the original 3.4 / 3.8 liter 'S' Saloon". So we are having to delete those ads constantly, and I am sending them to this forum, where they end up posting in the Series 1, 2, and 3, XJ-6 forum!! People don't READ.