Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   My $2000 XJ6. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/my-%242000-xj6-131323/)

o1xjr 11-17-2014 06:07 AM

My $2000 XJ6.

5 Attachment(s)
I had about a four or five hour chat with a technician at work today who was installing a new piece of machinery. He spotted Fireball in the carpark last week.
Anyway, it turns out he had a revolving door of S1/2's in the UK until he moved here 15 years ago.We got to talking about Jags most of the day.

In the end I was offered $7000 as it stands, rejected the offer of course. But it did get me thinking what it owes me. The initial purchase was $2000, now it owes me a grand total of $6870.8033 including all rego and consumables. Only things excluded from my calculation is insurance and petrol. If I took off the rego cost it would be $5990.8033.(but I could tell you the cost including petrol,..not anal really!) That includes $755 of labour for the front end rebuild.

This car is worth way more to me than what I have spent.

I have a hard cover book for every vehicle (except the wifes Mazda3,which I never imagined would take 3rd place for longest kept vehicle..HR Holden ute ..7 years, XJ Jeep 17... years, Mazda3 ...6 years)with every receipt down to the last nut and bolt and litre of petrol I paid for, but this is the first time I have added it up. Would hate to think what I have lost in the last 50 vehicles.

Really wish I had kept the books over the years,but they are a great reference for the buyer as they have all part numbers,retailers, etc in them. As well as service notes for next time the same job needs doing.

Moral of the storey is keep your records, but never,ever add it up.
:icon_couch:

Attachment 100880Attachment 100881Attachment 100882Attachment 100885

Sorry, just realised the last two of my XJ books were on the dining table. Much to her indoors disagreement. Thought my XJ library looked a bit skinny in the pic.:icon_wink:

Attachment 100884

JagCad 11-17-2014 10:11 AM

Tis fun, if one adopts a path of record keeping and looking. Never add the numbers, agree completely.

Next year, I'll hit seventy years of owning or messing with a lot of critters. For a time, I was fortunate enough to have company furnished cars. In lots of ways, the best kind. The first three or four were boring. Plain Jane Chevvys and a Ford. The last two were far better equipped Fords. One because of an error the order by the dealer!!

I had a list somewhere of my critters, commencing with the derelict 23 Ford T that my dad drug home behind the family 38 Dodge, or was it an unc behind his36 Olds? The latter a T aficionado in his youth.

At present, the stable is the 83 Jaguar lump that came in in 2001. The 94 Jeep that came later, and I guess I should count the mid sixties derelict EMPI style VW dune buggy.

I've tons of literature. Unfortunately, poorly organized and that is a stretch.

If it warms up a tad later, it is back to the no crank by operation of key mystery.

Carl

Darrenmb 11-20-2014 08:09 PM

i dont even want to know how much i have spent on my car, i have price of car, paint (x2 now) transmission, seats (x2) dash, door cards, sill plates (stainless) exhaust, even tracked down and bought whistle stops, my wallet hemorrhaged lol!!!! i used to show the car!! so it was always costing me!!!! gave up on that nonsense, now i just wanna drive it!!!

o1xjr 11-21-2014 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Darrenmb (Post 1105820)
i dont even want to know how much i have spent on my car,

It the first time I have added it up on any vehicle, should never have been tempted.
Would hate to think what the Jeep I kept for 17 years cost me.