XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Rear Bumber = Chuck Norris' Chin

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default My Rear Bumber = Chuck Norris' Chin

Some scumbag slammed into the back of my car last night while attempting to back out of a spot. I saw it happen with my own eyes and thought my entire rear is goin to be trashed.
Enraged, I Ran outside and chased the perpetrator but he got away. I couldnt see the license plate number but can recognize the car if i ever have the pleasure of seeing it again

The results: Only a little scratch on the left side of the rubber bumper.
I was convinced it was f'up bad. Nothing visible. It drove fine today..i will take it to the mechanic to just be sure.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

HAHAH. Glad to hear it was nothing. As ugly as these rubber puck bumpers are, I never have to worry about parallel parking it anywhere. The bumper will save me! Unless the car that hits me is so high up that it misses the bumper altogether...

Old 02-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,058 Likes on 451 Posts

I had the misfortune of having to back out of a parking lot into traffic, my view was blocked by a van so i edged out oh so slowly until.. BANG, some lady in a toyota suv clipped the back of my jag, everything behind her back wheel was trashed, the fender, the lights, all mangled. I was dreading looking at what had happened to my baby, but to my surprise, all that was wrong was a small chunk of rubber was missing!!! As ugly as these big bumpers are, they really do an awesome job of protecting the beauty between them!!!!

Old 02-25-2012, 01:26 PM

i was worried after seeing and hearing what i did...... thought that the scumbag hit the actual body. im going to hunt the ***** down and bring him to justice so no one else has to suffer from the same trauma.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Lol

That guy knew to dip out hitting a jag!..some guy hit my front left fender..cost him 3k.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member

Haha, time for a chill pill!!

If you really want to take action, you can call the police to file a report and contact your insurance company to let them know you're the victim of a hit and run. It's probably not worth it if there is no damage, though....

Old 02-27-2012, 06:07 AM

I called the cops and they did file a report for my insurance just in case there is hidden damage. Im sorry but there is nothing more chicken **** then hitting someones car and taking off.
@ amcdonel86: this is the 3rd time ive been hit and ran since 2000. they got away twice.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member

Dang, this is the third time by the same guy???

I've gotten many door dings and nicks on my car(s), but I live in a very urban area just across the river from DC. This sort of thing is the norm out here. (Have you seen some of the bumpers of cars from DC... I bet they're even worse than cars from New York--people park so darn close to each other!) Perhaps not with the Jag (according to my insurance it is only worth $200, and I can't find any collector insurance that will allow me, somebody with maybe 8 years of driving experience, to insure with them for an agreed value (not stated value) policy), but with my other cars I have always protected myself very well with good insurance with low deductibles, so I never have to worry about these jerks. It can lower your blood pressure!