Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   New Member But Old Jaguar XJ-6 Coupe Owner (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/new-member-but-old-jaguar-xj-6-coupe-owner-120840/)

Giovanni LiCalsi 06-28-2014 05:11 PM

New Member But Old Jaguar XJ-6 Coupe Owner

1 Attachment(s)
Hello members!
I'm new to the forum but have been an owner of a 1975 XJ-6 Coupe since 1988.
My Jaguar was purchased new from Haron Brothers of Fresno, California.
I have been restoring it and upgrading all of the factory recalls since 1988 and nearly have it completed. It is basically unmolested but has upgrades that reflect the European specifications.
The only rust on the body was the typical quarter-sized rusty spots on the rear front of the inner wheel fender wheel wells. The entire body was disassembled and painted with epoxy primer and no other rust was found.
I have bought all of the body parts to convert it to the European spec chrome bumpers. The new combination bumper mounts with bonnet spring loaded hinges have been purchased, as well as the front lower body valence. I do need to source out the lower grill.
I am planning to purchase the Harrington stainless steel bumpers, made in Viet Nam. Has any one had any dealings with Harrington and experienced the products?
I am also going to change out the hub axles to center lock spline and install a set of Dunlop D-Type 15" x 6" aluminum wheels, with 2-ear knock-offs..
I have lots of tips and tricks, related to upgrades and factory recall fixes if anyone needs advice. I'm always learning new things, as well, so I invite ideas and comments about the car.
Thank you.
Giovanni

Attachment 158054

anjum 06-28-2014 06:28 PM

Sounds nice. More pics please!!

Giovanni LiCalsi 06-28-2014 08:55 PM

Pics

How do I control the very annoying Canadian advertisement?
Also can hardly navigate on this forum using my iPad.
My XJ-6 Coupe is in the shop and I unfortunately do not have any photos.
I will have some later, though.

Giovanni LiCalsi 06-28-2014 08:59 PM

Canadian Advertisement

Ok. I'm almost out of my wits! Every other forum I have been on is user friendly but this one isn't. Every time it go to another page, the advertisement takes over.
I also can't add my signature, when using my control panel.

Grant Francis 06-29-2014 03:56 AM

Giovanni,

Me and IT are certainly NOT a match made in heaven..

WELCOME.

Luv that Coupe, soooooo rare, so good looking.

Someone with more IT knowledge that this "oldy" will slide in real soon and sort it. Even the Moderators may be able to help.

o1xjr 06-29-2014 04:58 AM

Hi Giovanni, your car sounds nice.
If you want to get rid of the pop ups read the thread I have linked below,it worked for me.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...solved-118998/

Giovanni LiCalsi 06-30-2014 10:08 AM

Popup Ads

Sounds like a lot of work to make the ads go away.

o1xjr 06-30-2014 10:13 AM

It might take you 5 or 10 minutes. But makes the forums much more enjoyable.

moronthethrottle 06-30-2014 11:07 AM

Welcome to the forum, Giovanni. I hope you get the pop-ups sorted out. I've never had any problems with them, but I always use a desktop PC, or Laptop rather than an iPad.

I see you've got some great experience fine tuning these beasts. Thanks for all your input. Enjoy.:icon_nic:

smgdata 06-30-2014 02:17 PM

hello Giovanni<
i just picked up a 77XJC
and trying to sort out some of the issues.
I would love to get some input from you about what you have done and some issues i have been having.
Im down in san jose, would be great to see your beast and swap upgrading ides.

Giovanni LiCalsi 01-09-2015 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by smgdata (Post 1005887)
hello Giovanni<
i just picked up a 77XJC
and trying to sort out some of the issues.
I would love to get some input from you about what you have done and some issues i have been having.
Im down in san jose, would be great to see your beast and swap upgrading ides.

Sorry that I missed your comment.
Please let me know if you still need some advice on sorting issues.

JagCad 01-10-2015 09:05 AM

Popups. yeah, there is one huge one that pop up here regularly!! It's file is too big for this older Dell desktop. I learned that if I merely scroll down, I'll get to the posts!!!

Another is Supra Savings, a little one. It has defied my efforts to smash it. but, a quick hit on the "close" link on it and it closes.

And, some others that jump in when I search for merchandise on sites. Hard to get rid of them.

Friendly folks here, no question.

Welcome.+

Carl