XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New window seals

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 PM
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New window seals

I'm having a old guy who specializes in older vehicles replace my front and rear window seals tomorrow he is charging me $150/window which I thought reasonable, plus he makes house calls. I was wondering if there were any things I should be attentive to when he does this? Is mastic used in replacing the seals or other things I should look out for? I don't think he has familiarity with old jags in particular so if you have any suggestions I will bring them up tomorrow.

Thanks,

Old 04-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts

Just hope that he is familiar in getting the stainless trim back in place without damage... that is a lost art.

No mastic is used on S1 windows. If you have a heated rear window make sure it works before and after the replacement...

Old 04-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Window seals in place and no broken glass. I was so nervous watching this process, especially since he admitted he'd never done a Jaguar before. He did use sealer around outside edge of seal that seals from frame to rubber which to me seemed correct to me.

Now on to gauge sender issues and re-upholstering the trim around pieces that surround the head liner (whatever they are called).

Thanks again Roger!