Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   next week! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/next-week-163492/)

Darrenmb 05-27-2016 04:45 PM

next week!

i am hearing (and reading) that next week is drive your british car week!! who else is gonna be out on the roads???

LnrB 05-27-2016 04:55 PM

Is it Really!!
That means I Must get my windows working ASAP so I can participate (just dropped the underskuttle in search of the hidden relay - What Fun!)!
(';')

Daf11e 05-27-2016 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Darrenmb (Post 1470389)
i am hearing (and reading) that next week is drive your british car week!! who else is gonna be out on the roads???

Haven't heard of it here but I'll take mine for a run to celebrate...any excuse:icon_worthy:

o1xjr 05-28-2016 01:23 AM

Should be the same as every other week for me.

Grant Francis 05-28-2016 04:39 AM

Same as Clarke, no other brands available in this house.

o1xjr 05-28-2016 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Grant Francis (Post 1470620)
Same as Clarke, no other brands available in this house.

My "p" plate son asked me today if there was petrol in the jeep, my answer was ask Mum, I haven't driven it since we went camping at Easter.

JagCad 05-28-2016 09:07 AM

LnrB:

I hope the scuttle drop goes well. It is that upside down and backwards
working position that gets one. OHH, I am sure you are far more supple than I!!!

I ran my car up on ramps to do some of it. One turned out not so well. Others, on the big trolley and jack stands.

The two skinny "top" screws are those durn slotted things. Now, Allen heads in my car. Alignment with the captive nut? Stab and hope, over and over!!!

Carl

LnrB 05-28-2016 09:47 AM

Thank you, Carl,
I got the underskuttle down yesterday but that isn't going to be enough. I need to remove the crash roll and maybe the speedo for light and access. Bummer!!
(';')

Darrenmb 06-01-2016 08:09 AM

I got to drive the jag to work yesterday!!! i passed it off as wanting to be part of the drive british car week, but in reality it was old age and failing memory!! and i ain't that old!!!!
spent 45 minutes looking for my van keys never found them!!! Last night they were in an envelope taped to my back door! Yard guy found them in back yard while mowing!!! I had left them sitting out in the grass by the pool equipment when i replaced the pump on Saturday!!! i had been in and out of van getting tools, etc, must have set the keys down and not payed attention to them when i picked up all the tools!!
Dont get old!!! first my eyesight starts to go, now my memory...... wait, what was i saying?? lol

JagCad 06-01-2016 08:24 AM

Shoot, I've seen four score and six. But, I do various things to compensate:

1. Eye glasses. Mostly to read.

2. Hearing aids. Only worn when I want to hear clearly.

3. Behaviour patterns. Set places for keys, as an example. Left pants pocket, only... all of them. But, a spare set of all in a specified place...

Fun, huh....

Carl.

LnrB 06-01-2016 08:50 AM

LOL! Carl, you're Such a hoot!
Glasses, but only if you want to see,
Hearing aid, but only if you want to hear!

No Kiddin'!
(';')

JagCad 06-01-2016 09:19 AM

Elinor:

Yup, rather basic, huh?

1. I've no hearing at all in my right ear. About 50% in the left. OK, sans help at times, like now and when weed whacking!!!

I've some neat aids. One goes in my right ear and sends sounds to the right device and onto my brain. Almost natural stereo, but not
quite. Good for out and about and for TV.

Need to quite down folks and stuff, just take 'em out!!

2. I navigate most of the time, sans glasses. Not using them now.
Read, oh yes. Even if they are bifocal.

Drive in bright sunshine, wear prescription shades. Definite help.

Eye doc says cataract repair in future!!! Not now, I see what I need to see...

Never did get along with eye charts and the lens machines. Still am a durned good shot!!

Carl

LnrB 06-01-2016 04:42 PM

"Still am a durned good shot!!"
That's all that counts, Carl, that's all that counts!
(';')

sanchez 06-01-2016 06:11 PM

DON'T FEEL TOO BAD: 66 and counting.
I normally put my car keys in my right rear pocket and my wallet in my front left pocket. One day, I inadvertently put my car keys in the wrong pocket and spent hours looking for them.
Placed my reading glasses on the top of my head and went looking for them.
While working on my cars, sometimes the tools disappear, only to appear where I did not put them, or did I?
Cleaned my pool and forgot to add Chlorine
Funny thing though; I never forget where the beer is.
What was this post about?