Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   Only Three!! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/only-three-120929/)

LnrB 06-29-2014 11:58 PM

Only Three!!

Hi, Fellas, didja miss me? LOL

I spent a long weekend in Sacramento. 4 whole days and I only saw 3 Jags!! 475 000+ people and only THREE Jaguars!!

On the freeway going in there was a Really Stupid looking Xj6 SIII jacked up about 95 inches (maybe 8) with 45 inch wheels on it (maybe 20). It was Moving right down the freeway in the Fast Lane doing about 80 I would guess, passed us up like we were sitting still (we were blocked behind a big rig). A slim person could crawl under it without jacking it up! No jack stands needed! Did I mention how incredibly Stupid it looked!! (And I didn't wonder what engine it had) But it's his and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Then I saw an XF, but the only way I knew for sure it was a Jag was the Leaper on the trunk. It was a sort of dull (satin?) dark charcoal gray color, not pretty at all. In fact it looked like a primer coat and I would have guess that, but the chrome was on all the proper places and there were no open holes like any of it was missing.

Last I was an S-type. I know they have their fans, but I have to agree with Clarkson when he does that stupid pucker thing and says the face is Hideous! I was reminded of when Ford tried to reintroduce the T-bird and how much those resembled the classics and how well that went for them.

We even drove past the Jaguar dealer but all they had outside were Acuras, Audis and VWs. I was Highly disappointed! So much so in fact, I didn't even want to go in for a look!

So now it's back to the old grind.
(';')

o1xjr 06-30-2014 01:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Of course we missed you Elinor, lol.
I too was away for the weekend,saw 2 Jags. A black XF passed me,the Chrome leaper and XF on the boot was the givaway.
And saw an XJ6,modern one though. Not sure what model it was model.
Attachment 89602Attachment 89603

sklimii 06-30-2014 10:02 AM

of course we missed you!!!! as for the Jags, they must all be on the east coast - saw quite a few the past few days driving up to Ct for a wedding - also saw a few Rolls', a Tesla Model S and a Fiskar Karma. Unfortunately I did not get to drive the Jag :( due to lack of luggage space for my daughter who was heading back to college yesterday.

LnrB 06-30-2014 01:44 PM

Thanks, Guys,
Clarke, I read all about your trip in another thread. It sounds like you had a very good time. I need to get back in the habit of taking my camera everywhere I go. I used to do that, but then it seems other things elbowed their way to the front of my consciousness.

Steve, I didn't drive my Jag either. There is Way too much traffic in Sac, and I'm not very familiar with the geography. Besides that, I wasn't driving! lol

I hope your trip went well too. I didn't take very much when I went away to college, it was only an hour's drive home so basically it was a succession of overnights.
(';')

sklimii 06-30-2014 04:50 PM

sooo wanted to drive the Jag. I wish she was only an hour away would be nice but she is 2200 miles away - in Salt Lake City - so had 2 large bags, carry on, laptop, and a box I had to ship since her room mates have left