Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported exhaust manifolds for SBC V8

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Ported exhaust manifolds for SBC V8

If you desire your engine compartment to "shine"... these Ceramic Coated cast iron 2 1/2 outlet smooth exhaust manifolds will work for you as well.

They are available at Speedway Motors part # 9300330.

I ported mine today with a air die grinder in about an hour.. they now match the ports on my head and the gaskets at 1.5 X 1.5 inch. There is no reason
to spend a lot of time on making the ports "exact".. just match the gaskets better than out of the box.

The pictures show the before and after sizes of the ports.

Sorry for the more or less duplicate posting.. I have failures posting with pictures at times with Windows 10.

Attached Thumbnails Ported exhaust manifolds for SBC V8-port-lines-etched.jpg   Ported exhaust manifolds for SBC V8-after-porting-match-gaskets.jpg  

Last edited by Roger Mabry; 02-02-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 939 Posts

my ported exhaust manifolds, ceramic coated in and out, 22yrs and counting!

Attached Thumbnails Ported exhaust manifolds for SBC V8-jag-strut-brace-mom-ridin-shot-gun-v12-exhuast-mani-007.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Roger, you doing a SBC conversion? I've been considering this myself. I have an excellent used 350/350 trans in my garage.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Conversion was done in 1992

I am just redoing things to make them better. My car has a brand new ZZ4 383 engine with a 200R trans and 2:88 LSD rear end gears. I am going to convert to fuel injection this month (on back order at the moment).

It is time for a bare metal paint job and I am finishing up all the things on my To Do List before taking the car apart for the painting. Just improved the AC/heat air flow with directional metal fan cages. The interior has just been completely redone and sound insulation added throughout.

The old Ram Horn exhaust manifolds were rough looking and just had high temp paint... the new ones are much better looking and are now port matched to the exhaust gaskets. Drivers side bolted on as a perfect replacement, but the passenger side is off 1/16-1/8" from bolting properly to the head pipe - off to the muffler shop. I plan on replacing the whole exhaust system from the head pipes to the rear and go under the IRS this time using Magnaflow stainless mufflers and the current Jaguar S curved exhaust pipes.

My goal is to keep the car long term as my daily driver.