Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   Pre-Show Week! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/pre-show-week-118581/)

LnrB 05-26-2014 08:22 AM

Pre-Show Week!

2 Attachment(s)
At the risk of being scolded for posting something about my car that ISN'T wrong, it's Pre-Show week here, and we're very excited.

We joined a Jaguar club in February which is participating in a Show & Shine Saturday May 31, in Ione, Ca. Poster PDF attached.

I spent a couple hours cleaning up the wiring in the engine bay, putting it all in those black corrigated tubes instead of dangling in multi-colored bundles. It looks Much neater.

We've never done anything like this before, have NO idea what to expect, except that it's not a concourse, but looking forward with great anticipation.

I can't imagine we won't be surrounded by Pristine Trailer Queens from the SF Bay area, but I was encouraged to enter my driver anyway to get the club's numbers up.

This should be Quite an experience!
(';')

Doug 05-26-2014 09:32 AM

You'll have fun!

As for being surrounded by trailer queens, well, don't worry about that. I've been to a ka-jillion cars shows. Sometimes an interesting or seldom seen car draws the biggest gathering of admirers, even if it isn't in perfect condition.

Cheers
DD

LnrB 05-26-2014 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 983144)
You'll have fun!

As for being surrounded by trailer queens, well, don't worry about that. I've been to a ka-jillion cars shows. Sometimes an interesting or seldom seen car draws the biggest gathering of admirers, even if it isn't in perfect condition.

Cheers
DD

Wow, Doug! A ka-jillion shows! That's a LOT! LOL

Thank you for the encouragement. We're actually expecting nothing except to have an enjoyable day looking at other people's cars.
(';')

o1xjr 05-29-2014 01:22 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Elinor, when I wander around car or bike shows I look at everything. Went to a VJM show(vintage Japanese motorcycle) a couple of weeks back in the local Suzuki/Triumph bike shop car park. There were some trailer queens there with ropes around them,they got a bit of a look and photos taken.(judged Concours d'Elegance)
But the guys who rode there on their (old) and unrestored or just touched up daily rides were attracting all the attention,you could get up close and stand around having a chat with the owners. Lots of nice,well looked after 60's-80's bikes to ogle.(none concours)
Just park your car and enjoy the day,you'll be surprised how many stop to look at your S2.
I have added a couple of pics of the same model bike . One is concours,the other belongs to a mate of mine and is his long term,well looked after daily ride.
Both equally great bikes in my opinion,for different reasons.

GGG 05-29-2014 04:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LnrB (Post 983112)
At the risk of being scolded for posting something about my car that ISN'T wrong, it's Pre-Show week here, and we're very excited...............

I love reading posts about cars that don't have anything wrong with them - it doesn't happen too often!

Attachment 85937

Have a great day. Don't forget to take your camera and post the photos.

Graham

sklimii 05-29-2014 06:19 AM

enjoy the show and take plenty of pics

LnrB 05-29-2014 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 985094)
I love reading posts about cars that don't have anything wrong with them - it doesn't happen too often!

Attachment 85937

Have a great day. Don't forget to take your camera and post the photos.

Graham

Thank you, Graham!
In that case I might post a few experiences regarding my car from time to time. It's pretty much sorted out by this time, and I would feel comfortable taking it anywhere there are civilized roads (paved).

We're SO looking forward to this event! Others in the club have given us pointers what to take along but I didn't even think of a camera. That's added to my list as soon as I hit Submit Reply.
(';')

LnrB 05-29-2014 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by o1xjr (Post 985043)
Hi Elinor, when I wander around car or bike shows I look at everything. Went to a VJM show(vintage Japanese motorcycle) a couple of weeks back in the local Suzuki/Triumph bike shop car park. There were some trailer queens there with ropes around them,they got a bit of a look and photos taken.(judged Concours d'Elegance)
But the guys who rode there on their (old) and unrestored or just touched up daily rides were attracting all the attention,you could get up close and stand around having a chat with the owners. Lots of nice,well looked after 60's-80's bikes to ogle.(none concours)
Just park your car and enjoy the day,you'll be surprised how many stop to look at your S2.
I have added a couple of pics of the same model bike . One is concours,the other belongs to a mate of mine and is his long term,well looked after daily ride.
Both equally great bikes in my opinion,for different reasons.

Thank you, Clarke,
I would think it's downright Unfriendly to rope off something taken to a show. Well except for Factory "entries," but otherwise, it's like the car/bike/whatever is more important as an Object than the people they want to look at it! It doesn't seem at all inviting.

There will be no ropes around MY car! No Siree! My husband says he intends wandering around looking most of the time, I can sit by my car most of the time. Actually, that's probably not a bad idea, because mostly he's the Banker while I do most of the work and am more familiar with what's actually been done to it and how.

Graham has reminded me to take my camera, I completely forgot about that. Pictures will be uploaded later for sure!
(';')

o1xjr 05-29-2014 03:54 PM

I carry my camera in the boot or my saddle bags pretty much everywhere I go,except work.
I have taken about 25k pics on various digital cameras of bikes,cars,boats,planes,trucks etc. They all have a story, and it's told in my screen savers.
one is 20k+ motorcycles,the other is 15k + cars and various other forms of transport.(photos Iv'e taken myself,downloaded, or scanned from books,mags etc.)

Enjoy the show and be sure to post some pics of your own car at the show as well,then I can add it to my screen saver.

moronthethrottle 05-30-2014 08:49 AM

Definitely enjoy the show, ditto to the pictures comments as well.:icon_photo:

Your black beauty will represent our kind perfectly. Too many people have preconceived notions that this breed is too finicky to be a daily driver.

As you found out from the double take in the parking lot the other day, people are generally attracted to these marvels of automotive artwork the same way that we are. :icon_trophy:

My SIII is far from a show quality car, but everywhere I drive it people stop, stare, drool and ogle over it. These cars just have that kind of sex appeal. :icon_naughty:

LnrB 06-01-2014 08:42 AM

The Show & Shine was a Real Hoot!
We had SO much fun!

I haven't even unloaded my camera yet. I'll get to it this afternoon and write a proper report. With pictures.
(';')