Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Series 1 door seals are made too long

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Series 1 door seals are made too long

I think the manufacturers only make seals to fit LWB doors today... I have tried several sources and they are all too long for S1 SWB rear doors... sometimes
the front doors as well.

The photos show the areas that are too long.. I cut them with diagonal pliers and joined the cuts with Black RTV and used blue tape to hold them in place while the RTV setup...

Putting the new seals in place take strong hands and the plastic inserter shown .. I use both ends at various places... you know it is in place after the round portion stands up "proud".. push in all around the seal when finally "finished".

Not a fun job and I would charge $100.00 per door for the installation!

Attached Thumbnails Series 1 door seals are made too long-too-long-first-turn-1-.jpg   Series 1 door seals are made too long-specs-all-wrong-.jpg   Series 1 door seals are made too long-much-too-long.jpg   Series 1 door seals are made too long-first-spot-does-not-fit.jpg   Series 1 door seals are made too long-shows-how-much-too-long.jpg  

Series 1 door seals are made too long-tool-used-black-rtv.jpg   Series 1 door seals are made too long-other-cut-join.jpg   Series 1 door seals are made too long-cut-joined-rtv-tape.jpg  

Last edited by Roger Mabry; 11-07-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Received 134 Likes on 100 Posts

Some years ago, I changed the door seals on my series 2. It was a real pain to get the seals in place. You have my sympathy.