XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Series III Manuals and Parts Guide with Exploded Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,429 Likes on 1,828 Posts

I spoke to my Host Webstarts.com this morning about the comment you made and just received a call from their tech support.

They have checked wiith their own Norton scanner and found nothing regarding any "malicious" software or website.

They asked for a screenshot of the Norton message you get, to investigate further as they can contact Norton themselves.

Otherwise, there is nothing in my website that can be considered "malicious". No malware, no spyware, no tracking, no ads, no intrusive popups, only good information, parts, and experience. I have customers in Australia, UK, Canada, Belgium, Spain, USA, Central and South America, mostly members from this forum, and the classic saloons forum, and not even one complaint. So case closed.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,071 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Jose
Norton is known to give lots of false positives, it is an obsolete program.

Webstarts, my Host, is a very safe provider. AND, there are no third party ads in my website. All my files are virus-free, they scan them when I upload them.

However, if your Norton can provide proof that there is anything "malicious" in my website, let me know.

I will report your comment to Webstarts to see what they say.
Jose, if you tell me how to sent you a PM, I will talk to you.

Dave

Old 03-30-2019, 02:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,071 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Jose
I spoke to my Host Webstarts.com this morning about the comment you made and just received a call from their tech support.

They have checked wiith their own Norton scanner and found nothing regarding any "malicious" software or website.

They asked for a screenshot of the Norton message you get, to investigate further as they can contact Norton themselves.

Otherwise, there is nothing in my website that can be considered "malicious". No malware, no spyware, no tracking, no ads, no intrusive popups, only good information, parts, and experience. I have customers in Australia, UK, Canada, Belgium, Spain, USA, Central and South America, mostly members from this forum, and the classic saloons forum, and not even one complaint. So case closed.
You know, this must be my night to be on the hot-seat. When I posted that I got a Malicious alert from my Norton it was in response to clicking a link posted by john-cook12 back in 2013, the first post on the Series III manuals thread. I was interested in service manuals and didn't think to look how old it was. Somehow in the timing of our unrelated posts yesterday, you thought I was commenting that your website gave me an alert when I was just commenting on what came up when I clicked a link posted 6 years ago about manuals, which I was interested in. I think I caused you some consternation, but I didn't intend to or think I was.
BTW, that link from 2013 still alerts as a malicious site.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:24 AM
Veteran Member

it's probably the site, I forgot the name of the Host, Fire-something. I don't go there, it is loaded with spam and tracking.

that is why I decided to place the files in my site, as everyone was saying the links don't work, I tried it and it is true, the site puts you through a lot of spam.

in my site you can access the XJ Service and Parts manuals without any interruption or conditions.

I've also added the JAG CARE 3 book which Gregory Andrachuck gave me permission to host.

Not to mention links to important pages about the XJ and other documents from the now defunct XKJAGTECH site. All free to view online or save.

The rest of my site is about the mods I've done to my XJ and the only products I sell are the tank panel and boot floor vented plugs and the O2 Sensor ground strap. The tank panel plugs have been shipped all over the planet!

Old 03-30-2019, 05:27 AM
Veteran Member

Dave,
sure, to send a pm you right-click on my name or avatar and then a menu appears and you select "SEND PM".

Old 02-18-2021, 01:16 AM
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Jose
Speaking with Dave earlier and he said you may be able to help me with wiring diagrams for a 1983 XJ6 something called S57
i would be very thankful if you could

Cheers

Simon

Old 02-18-2021, 04:21 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Simon.
just go to my Jag Upgrades website and download any info you need. It is free.

https://jagupgrades.webstarts.com