Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/)
-   -   Very Disappointed member!!! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj6-xj12-series-i-ii-iii-16/very-disappointed-member-121350/)

o1xjr 07-06-2014 09:12 AM

Very Disappointed member!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Today is the first time since I've had this car(apart from the fire downtime) that I haven't had time or found and excuse to drive it.
I went to lock the front door tonight and looked out to the street to see an XJ6 just wanting to be driven. Although I did ride past it this morning on my Bonneville with a huge smile as I headed for a mountain road(the same said road the XJ6 ignited itself on).
Still,one day not driven is one day you can never catch up on.

These cars were built to be driven daily and we should make sure they are!

:icon_smallest:

Attachment 90014

LnrB 07-06-2014 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by o1xjr (Post 1009358)
Today is the first time since I've had this car(apart from the fire downtime) that I haven't had time or found and excuse to drive it.
I went to lock the front door tonight and looked out to the street to see an XJ6 just wanting to be driven. Although I did ride past it this morning on my Bonneville with a huge smile as I headed for a mountain road(the same said road the XJ6 ignited itself on).
Still,one day not driven is one day you can never catch up on.

:icon_smallest:

Attachment 90014

Clarke!! You know what you've done now, don't you?
This is only the beginning of the breakdown of the relationship. I know the signs.

First you forgot to stop by. Then you forgot to call. Then you forgot ... And pretty soon it's all over and Fireball is left wondering what went wrong.

LOL
(';')

o1xjr 07-06-2014 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by LnrB (Post 1009373)
Clarke!! You know what you've done now, don't you?
This is only the beginning of the breakdown of the relationship. I know the signs.

First you forgot to stop by. Then you forgot to call. Then you forgot ... And pretty soon it's all over and Fireball is left wondering what went wrong.

LOL
(';')

Had to satisfy the other British territory marker in the garage,it has been a bit neglected of late. Only ridden it 3-4 days a week(used to be 7 before xj6),man I gotta ride it,drive the XJ6,pat the Jeep(just empty every pocket),move the Mazda because it gets in the way,and have have family time to. Sorry kids,you gotta move out so Dad can play with toys.
:icon_beerchug:

Cambo 07-06-2014 10:14 AM

I haven't driven my XJR for 2-1/2 months...

LnrB 07-06-2014 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo351 (Post 1009413)

Yabut it's WINTER at your house!
I don't drive my car in winter either.
Well not much.
(';')

Napoleon Solo 07-06-2014 11:27 AM

Oi!

Stop cheating on your XJ!

o1xjr 07-06-2014 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo351 (Post 1009413)

Is it broken? I do remember reading somewhere you were having diff issues.

Originally Posted by LnrB (Post 1009427)
Yabut it's WINTER at your house!
I don't drive my car in winter either.
Well not much.
(';')

Winter here is blue sky and no snow so that's no excuse for us.

LnrB 07-06-2014 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by o1xjr (Post 1009720)

[...]

Winter here is blue sky and no snow so that's no excuse for us.

Oh, that's right!
You're on the Tropic of Capricorn. That explains quite a lot actually.
(';')

XJ Davo 07-06-2014 09:11 PM

Yeah these cats like to have a run. I feel bad if I don't take mine out for a blast once a week. Whoa just looked at your pic, that's some steep driveway you got there, can the cat crawl up it?

Cambo 07-06-2014 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by o1xjr (Post 1009720)
Is it broken? I do remember reading somewhere you were having diff issues.

Yep, should be back on the road next week though...

o1xjr 07-07-2014 03:43 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by XJ Davo (Post 1009777)
Whoa just looked at your pic, that's some steep driveway you got there, can the cat crawl up it?

Yep, its taken a lot of work to get the car sorted so I can park it on the drive,and had to manipulate the exhaust to get it in the garage. Have to have both tanks below 1/4 and no passengers in the car to get it over the top.
Some of you have probably seen these pics before.:icon_worthless:
Attachment 90091Attachment 90092Attachment 90093Attachment 90094Attachment 90095

See first pic. I've got to fix that Crooked Leaper,it gives me the s#!%s. When I'm driving it is angled to the left. How the hell am I supposed to line up pedestrians with it? It's like shooting with wonky sights.

Originally Posted by Cambo351 (Post 1009790)
Yep, should be back on the road next week though...

Bet you are hangin' out for that,just watched the Snowy videos last week. Sweet.
:icon_beerchug:

JagCad 07-07-2014 09:34 AM

Wonky sights!!! Just take a little windage. she shoots a little low and left, just easer in a tad of up and right!!

Yabut. forgot that one. when I was a claim manager, some of my guys/gals used that on instruction from me. My response, "that is not a word, do it"!!!

Give all the critters a turn....

Carl

LnrB 07-07-2014 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by JagCad (Post 1010047)
[...]

Yabut. forgot that one. when I was a claim manager, some of my guys/gals used that on instruction from me. My response, "that is not a word, do it"!!!

[...]

Carl

Aw, Carl, that's one of my Most Favorite words!!
(';')

JagCad 07-07-2014 01:46 PM

No worries. They kept doing it. Same response, though!!!

So, keep doing it as well!!

!!!!

Carl

XJ Davo 07-07-2014 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=o1xjr;1009873]Yep, its taken a lot of work to get the car sorted so I can park it on the drive,and had to manipulate the exhaust to get it in the garage. Have to have both tanks below 1/4 and no passengers in the car to get it over the top.

See first pic. I've got to fix that Crooked Leaper,it gives me the s#!%s. When I'm driving it is angled to the left. How the hell am I supposed to line up pedestrians with it? It's like shooting with wonky sights.

Wow I see what you mean about the driveway. must have missed these pics when you first posted. Quite a challenge.

o1xjr 07-08-2014 04:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by XJ Davo (Post 1010365)
Wow I see what you mean about the driveway. must have missed these pics when you first posted. Quite a challenge.

I got to take it out twice today, once to buy fuel,then again to buy beer(because that gives me an excuse for a second drive,then again the fuel could have waited to)

The challenge was getting my wife to reverse out of the garage with the kids in the car(took 12 months,been their 17 years now,it's old hat). She used to lock them in the house then reverse out and go back up to house to get them.
Life is about the little challenges,lol. When you look out the garage door all you can see is the roof across the road.
Attachment 90154

moronthethrottle 07-08-2014 07:53 AM

Just be happy that you are in a mild climate. The first November snow would come out here for us and that driveway would be an unusable ice patch.

OBTW, Yabbits live in the woods... :icon_bunny1:

LnrB 07-08-2014 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by moronthethrottle (Post 1010582)

[...]

OBTW, Yabbits live in the woods... :icon_bunny1:

Uh Huh, and Yabuts live in my vocabulary. Besides. I was in the Woods first.
(';')