XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

How to post a video ?

Old 12-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Banned
Received 260 Likes on 169 Posts
Default How to post a video ?

I have a loud noise from front end when applying brakes or going over a bump or hole, sounds like the front end is about to fall off. The Jag drives straight down the road and no play in steering, want to post a video so you can hear the sound.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 939 Posts

dont ask me ,, i'm still trying to put some still pix ,that come out right side up?

its only on this forum, they come out OK on other sites!

Attached Thumbnails How to post a video ?-20170822_111048-1-.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
macdoesit (12-02-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ronbros
dont ask me ,, i'm still trying to put some still pix ,that come out right side up?

its only on this forum, they come out OK on other sites!

Rotate your pics before posting.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,077 Likes on 5,345 Posts

Mac
Shot in the dark: Take a look at the two anti roll bar fixing points, under the lower chassis rails towards the front. This sounds quite like the noise that happens when the rubber bushes the bar is gripped in either fall out or wear out. Bracket and rubber are 20 and 18; the chassis rail they bolt to is not in the diagram

Last edited by Greg in France; 12-02-2017 at 02:05 AM.
macdoesit (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Greg in France
Mac
Shot in the dark: Take a look at the two anti roll bar fixing points, under the lower chassis rails towards the front. This sounds quite like the noise that happens when the rubber bushes the bar is gripped in either fall out or wear out. Bracket and rubber are 20 and 18; the chassis rail they bolt to is not in the diagram
Thanks Greg, I will put jag on ramps tomorrow and take a look,will let you know what I find. I will take pics.
It feels like something is moving forward when brakes are applied.
When I roll over a hole it sounds like the shocks are not fastened down but I have looked at the shocks and cannot see anything wrong.
Driving on smooth highway it drives perfect, I have also swerved the car left and right with no noise.
If I go real easy on the brakes coming to a stop no noise.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,049 Likes on 668 Posts

To post a video, it's probably easiest to upload to something like YouTube and then post the link. That's what I've done in the past, and it works well. So long as YT's censorbots don't flag the music....

The following 3 users liked this post by Some Day, Some Day:
macdoesit (12-02-2017), orangeblossom (12-02-2017), ronbros (12-04-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Some Day, Some Day
To post a video, it's probably easiest to upload to something like YouTube and then post the link. That's what I've done in the past, and it works well. So long as YT's censorbots don't flag the music....
Thank you, Some Day
Was looking at your trip report a few seconds ago, very nice.

The following 2 users liked this post by macdoesit:
orangeblossom (12-04-2017), Some Day, Some Day (12-02-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 02:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Hey, we're in a car forum. We don't want fake music! We want real music! Exhaust notes, engine sounds, air con clutch engaging clacks, creaks and rattles, bearing squeals, transmission clunks and best of all, the V12 start up sound!

To hell with fake music!

The following 2 users liked this post by Daim:
orangeblossom (12-04-2017), ronbros (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 03:15 AM
Veteran Member

Fair point, Daim, even if your comment is tongue-in-cheek. I get really annoyed with car driving videos that drown out the engine sound with some horrible pap. It wouldn't be so bad if it was tasteful music, but it so very seldom is.

Sometimes, however, it can be justified. Like when the car is too far away to hear, or there's nothing but road/wind noise, or--in the case that annoyed me--when you put up a video demonstrating your new speakers and some faceless multinational busybody flags a brief 40-second clip of music they almost certainly don't have the rights to either.

The following 2 users liked this post by Some Day, Some Day:
orangeblossom (12-04-2017), ronbros (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member

Fair point, Daim, even if your comment is tongue-in-cheek. I get really annoyed with car driving videos that drown out the engine sound with some horrible pap. It wouldn't be so bad if it was tasteful music, but it so very seldom is.

Sometimes, however, it can be justified. Like when the car is too far away to hear, or there's nothing but road/wind noise, or--in the case that annoyed me--when you put up a video demonstrating your new speakers and some faceless multinational busybody flags a brief 40-second clip of music they almost certainly don't have the rights to either.
I was watching a video about a quad rotor wankel being made. Quite interesting. And then the wankel started up. You could see it was running, because all the auxhilaries were spinning. None the less, it would have had a great sound BUT the video make decided to put some loud 'noise' (wasn't music, just really nasty noise) over it. You could hear the odd 'brrm' but that was it. And the noise was basically as of you gave 3 kids an instrument and left them to just torture them. Dreadful. Sorry.

And youtube is getting worse by the day. People who need their videos monetized (example SaabKyle04, MotorTrend, China Unsensored, Generation Tech, ...) are fighting more and more senseless limitations or even censorship via youtube, as their videos are not always happy chappy super awesome everything is perfect. SaabKyle is probably the backbone of every car enthusiasts subscriptions. He has had billions of views. But he now has limitations...

Old 12-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member

Not surprised. YouTube is owned by Google, whose motto is Do Be Evil. As more people move away from desktop machines and even laptops into watching videos on smartphones, it gets easier and easier to get more people to watch them, which means more money from ads (assume you're naive enough to not use an ad-blocker), which means more money for the hosting companies, which means more is at stake than ever before. And it probably won't end well: look at how television has become more and more about pushing products, even to the extent of putting small ads actually on screen during the programme itself.

I used to watch some of SaabKyle's videos, but found them rather dull, especially as there's no driving. I like Harry's Garage, Hoovie's Garage, Jay Leno's Garage (what a lot of garages...), and the Quirks & Features(TM) sections of Doug Demuro's stuff, though he was a lot better when he focused on his own cars rather than reviews of stuff even Bill Gates would have trouble affording. Videos like "Can you daily drive a Ferrari?" (No.)

Old 12-05-2017, 12:26 AM
Veteran Member

SaabKyle now does driving in his videos. Though as you said, rather boring as such. I liked his old videos, where he would do an indepth look at older cars. No press cars. Now he gets press cars stuffed up his anus and has to 'market' them.

Doug de Muro's channel and Hoovie's are just the most awesome. Especially Hoovie. His videos just make you cringe. The blunt and sometimes sarcastic humor is hilarious! And then all the ***** he buys... Doug is all about quirks and weird details. But not always right.. He filmed a video a few weeks back about a car having 3 different was to access the boot/trunk. And that he doubts there is a car with more... I posted the X308 methods... 4 (!). That comment was deleted... Nevermind...

But yeah, youtube is purely in it for money - as all businesses are My videos, be them short or ling, aren't for monetization or how ever it is spellt... I just upload them coz I can!

Old 12-05-2017, 01:03 AM
Veteran Member

I gotta say, I'm jealous of all these people who buy huge fleets. Finding room to store a lot of cars is VERY hard over here....
Yeah, I like Hoovie's attitude. He's far more mechanical than Doug (who seldom even cracks the hood, unless there's a Quirk or Feature to it), even if he doesn't usually do his own work. It gives a much better sense of what it's like to own his cars. I find Josh's World's series about owning a Bentley Arnage as a regular guy very good in that sense too. Especially about owning an older British high-end car and how that's really not quite that insane.

Four ways? Do any of them include a large axe or cutting torch?

Old 12-05-2017, 03:51 AM
Veteran Member

I gotta say, I'm jealous of all these people who buy huge fleets. Finding room to store a lot of cars is VERY hard over here....
Yeah, I like Hoovie's attitude. He's far more mechanical than Doug (who seldom even cracks the hood, unless there's a Quirk or Feature to it), even if he doesn't usually do his own work. It gives a much better sense of what it's like to own his cars. I find Josh's World's series about owning a Bentley Arnage as a regular guy very good in that sense too. Especially about owning an older British high-end car and how that's really not quite that insane.

Four ways? Do any of them include a large axe or cutting torch?
That would be 5 and 6.

1: key in boot lock, turn, manual unlock
2: button on boot lid
3: button on dashboard
4: button on key fob

Not many cars havergessen these choices!

​​

Old 12-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member

Disappointed. Apparently "havergessen" is not German for "have a guess"....

(Vergessen does apparently mean something but I forgot....)

Old 12-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member

Bloomin' dumb-phone...

You fight so much to get a word in...

It should say: have even got

Darn Samsung Autocorrect. I fight it daily... And I will do so for the next few years as it looks.

ronbros (12-05-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 05:44 PM
Banned

Have not been able to get under car yet,2 weeks ago slipped landed on my back knocked the wind out of me back has been in pain since, also Buried Dad last Tuesday. Soon as I'm up to it will get under car to check the swaybar bushing.
Where is the best place to get all the fuel rail hoses and metal caps that connect to the injectors ?
What kind of fuel hose feeds the LR fuel rail ?
Thanks