XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Im looking for a reliable parts supplier

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Im looking for a reliable parts supplier

I've looked on the internet and found a site called Jag Bits. I'm wondering if any of you know of a good reliable parts supplier to purchase parts from.

The following 2 users liked this post by Roland Gotzke:
06TimXJS (11-12-2012), jetlag700 (10-28-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,747 Likes on 7,099 Posts

You have many good choices. Coventry West, Welsh Jaguar, Motorcars Ltd, XKs Unlimited, SNG Barett, Pauls Jaguar. Those are just off the top of my head.

I've used Coventry West as my primary supplier for many years. Good service.

Cheers
DD

The following users liked this post:
06TimXJS (11-12-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 11:34 AM

Excellent. Thanks. I am new to owning the jag and have bought some basic replacement parts from NAPA type vendors. But, when it comes to the more specific components, I would like to be sure that I can find the parts, and find them at a reasonable price point. I had 2 MGs and purchased a lot of stuff from MOSS motors. MOSS does have Jaguar listed but no parts inventory as of yet.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 413 Likes on 311 Posts

Roland, have you posted pics of your XJS yet?

Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I've had exceptionally good experience with Terry's Jaguar. SNG Barratt is also very good.

I don't think I'll buy from XKs Unlimited again. They advertised X brand and sent me much cheaper Y brand. I wasn't happy about that. I think they also have a $25 minimum order and something like a $5 handling charge on top of shipping. Why go through all that when you have Terry's Jaguar and SNG Barratt?

06TimXJS (11-12-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Flint Ironstag
Roland, have you posted pics of your XJS yet?
I have a couple pics on my "garage"

Attached Thumbnails Im looking for a reliable parts supplier-image-2.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Roland Gotzke
I've looked on the internet and found a site called Jag Bits. I'm wondering if any of you know of a good reliable parts supplier to purchase parts from.
I've never bought XJ-S parts from Jag-Bits, but for sure you want to stay away from FasterJags in Dallas Texas. I had ordered an after market radiator from him and he took my money, and after many months I had to call the Dallas Police because Brian Welker-the owner of this company refused to answer any of my emails or phone calls. So I called the Dallas Police and got them involved. And the policeman I spoke to had been over to Brian's place the year before for the same thing, items not sent, but money taken. This cop wanted very much to pursue criminal charges against this Welker since he had been there twice for the same thing. When FasterJags wouldn't answer my emails or phone calls for months I invented a fake name and email, and pretended to want fans, and he answered this email right away, then I told Brian that the fake person he was just corresponding with was actually ME, and that he'd better send my radiator or I was calling the cops again! The cop even left him a business card, and Brian refused to call the cop. I don't know how many times this happened to other people, but twice in one year is two too many. So DO NOT send money to FasterJags for anything, if you order from him, make it cash on delivery.
And for some of you who might be thinking I am trying to ruin the "good reputation" of a good man, think again, call the Dallas Better Business Bureau before you accuse me in your hearts of slander!
How many of you would wait FOUR months for a radiator? Or anything for that matter?
Anyways, if I run across a good parts supplier I will let you know, as I am looking right now for a euro headlight for my '88 XJ-S.

The following 3 users liked this post by jetlag700:
06TimXJS (11-12-2012), Forcedair1 (06-06-2014), gregh (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

I have bought parts from Jag Bits. With these cars you may need 3 parts and that requires 3 different vendors to supply them. Also eBay is a good resource for NOS item. You just have to sift through all the blue light bulbs, car covers and other garbage to find the real parts. Coventry West, Terry's, SNG Barrett, Welsh, XKS Unlimited, Paul's, Jag Graveyard have all done right by me in the past.

The following 2 users liked this post by Greg Edge:
06TimXJS (11-12-2012), gregh (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by FastKat
I don't think I'll buy from XKs Unlimited again. They advertised X brand and sent me much cheaper Y brand. I wasn't happy about that.

Now that you mention it the very same thing happened to me. I was expecting genuine Lucas parts, even called to verify first, and ended up with "Brand X". I had forgotten all about it until now. I was royally peeved and they shrugged it off.

For many years, before discovering CW, I had used XKs with happy results. Now I remember why I never went back.

Thanks for the head's up!

Cheers
DD

Old 10-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jetlag700
And for some of you who might be thinking I am trying to ruin the "good reputation" of a good man, think again, call the Dallas Better Business Bureau before you accuse me in your hearts of slander!
How many of you would wait FOUR months for a radiator? Or anything for that matter?
Anyways, if I run across a good parts supplier I will let you know, as I am looking right now for a euro headlight for my '88 XJ-S.

Entirely believable and anyone hanging around the Jaguar community for a few years will have heard the same story many times.

I strongly suspect that this is a side-line business for Brian and he actually carries very little inventory. When he gets several orders (and the $$$) for radiators (or whatever) he then places an order with the manufacturer. When *that* order comes to him, he ships the items. Just speculation on my part, no pun intended.

Did you ever get your radiator? If not, it'll be the first time I've heard of a customer actually getting stiffed. In the past I've heard that the parts always DO eventually come in. I'm not defending his method of doing business by any means, mind you. Just trying to give you some hope :-).

A couple years ago I bought some small items from him and the service was good, and a small problem was immediately corrected. The problem seems to be with expensive parts, and I think my speculation mentioned above is probably accurate.

Good luck,
DD

gregh (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Ah, that is disappointing. It sure seems like a "bait and switch" whether it was intentional or not.

I received an email from XKs Unlimited a couple weeks ago asking how my purchase went. Maybe I'll email them back and see what they say.

Originally Posted by Doug
Now that you mention it the very same thing happened to me. I was expecting genuine Lucas parts, even called to verify first, and ended up with "Brand X". I had forgotten all about it until now. I was royally peeved and they shrugged it off.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I too, ordered parts from FasterJags, complete tuneup kit plus the Growler Air Induction system. Order was placed on August 24th, and towards the end of September I did make contact after 3 phone messages and 4 e-mails which did get capital lettering. I got an apology from Brian Welker, and an e-Bay confirmation followed within 2 days. I received the complete order on October 22. I'll be hard pressed to order from him again, unless it's something very unique. -I had a very good sales relationship with Captain Jaguar (Steve) in Florida, ordered complete set of 6 Koni shocks, and new rear springs, he supplied the springs direct from New Jersey, and arrived here within a couple weeks, and had to go through Canadian Border Customs. I've ordered a few things from E-Bay dealers with no problems also. -Having a good source list is invaluable.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Received 169 Likes on 84 Posts

Call Welshent.com, ask for John at ext 165, BEST SUPPLIER TO DEAL WITH and they have tons of old stock, not listed on their site.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Edge
I have bought parts from Jag Bits. With these cars you may need 3 parts and that requires 3 different vendors to supply them. Also eBay is a good resource for NOS item. You just have to sift through all the blue light bulbs, car covers and other garbage to find the real parts. Coventry West, Terry's, SNG Barrett, Welsh, XKS Unlimited, Paul's, Jag Graveyard have all done right by me in the past.
Thank you, I will give them a try. I called about 13 different places, and left messages, only one got back to me and said they did not have a light....I got to keep looking.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Doug
Entirely believable and anyone hanging around the Jaguar community for a few years will have heard the same story many times.

I strongly suspect that this is a side-line business for Brian and he actually carries very little inventory. When he gets several orders (and the $$$) for radiators (or whatever) he then places an order with the manufacturer. When *that* order comes to him, he ships the items. Just speculation on my part, no pun intended.

Did you ever get your radiator? If not, it'll be the first time I've heard of a customer actually getting stiffed. In the past I've heard that the parts always DO eventually come in. I'm not defending his method of doing business by any means, mind you. Just trying to give you some hope :-).

A couple years ago I bought some small items from him and the service was good, and a small problem was immediately corrected. The problem seems to be with expensive parts, and I think my speculation mentioned above is probably accurate.

Good luck,
DD
Hi Doug, yes I did get the radiator, but it was defective right from the start so I sent it to the actual manufacturer-Wizard Cooling, they did good by me. They sent me another radiator for free, and didn't even want the old one back to fix again. They did fix it but instead of welding it they used epoxy, which of course as soon as it came back I told them it would FAIL. And it did because the expoxy could not withstand the temperature difference between the hot engine bay temps and the bitter cold we get here in Edmonton Alberta. A cold they know nothing about.
Still looking for a light, if anyone knows anything and has one I'd sure appreciate it.
As for Brian Welker, our Jaguars are not a "side business" for us, and I don't starve my cat...lol..!

Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Pauls Jaguar always seems to have the really rare stuff. Try them.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,508 Likes on 1,175 Posts

Headlights, Euro-Style:

Jag XJS Euro Headlights | eBay

$100?

(I'm not the seller, nor do I have any affiliation with this seller)

Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had good luck with rockauto.com

Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Grubloggers in UK sometimes has good/odd stuff.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I deal with Terry's Jaguar Parts and Paul's Jaguar.

Quick Reply: Im looking for a reliable parts supplier