XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Proud moment of ownership!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Proud moment of ownership!

So I spent a couple of hours washing, polishing my 1992 XJS V12 convertible today. Afterwards drove to the store to pick up a well deserved beer. As I come out, this lady in a brand spanking new Porsche Cayenne Hybrid stops me and tells me I have a gorgeous car. No, really she is looking at the car. I was so happy, I spent like 10 minutes talking to her about the cars. Drove home with a huge smile. Wife was happy lady was checking the car out and not me.

The following 2 users liked this post by javicadena:
bullittandy (10-17-2015), Jonathan-W (10-22-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

I was driving my Sapphire Blue '96 one the other day and an older (but still nice lookin) lady in one of those new flagship Mercedes AMG's in the dark charcoal with the retractable top was out on the highway, she'd been following me on the two lane and when it turned to four lane she came up beside me, honked her horn once lightly, and smiled big and gave me a thumbs up.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 264 Likes on 145 Posts

Almost every time I drive my 95 black convertible, I at least get someone who stares and smiles or gives me the thumbs up. Often, people will come and say something about the car or ask a question or two. One of the most common questions I get is, "Is that a 12 cylinder?" Mine is a six and so I tell them it isn't. A few weeks ago, I had parked my 02 XJR and I noticed someone drove by it slowly and took a picture of it.

Driving a Jag provides a good means of meeting nice people. :-)

Old 10-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 365 Likes on 262 Posts

Driving south on the 110 left lane through downtown LA, next to my right there is this newer, big, black and shiny 7 series BMW and I noticed that the driver's window was rolling down and the driver looked at my BRG XJS and, nodding, with a smile he gives me the thumbs up. Not bad coming from what I'd imagine was a fairly proud owner of another very special (and expensive) machine.

That's the thing with the XJS. It is a very, very attractive car and when you really keep it seriously shining (plus the top down also helps), there aren't many cars that would call people's attention in the manner that the XJS does. That is so true.

Cheers,

Old 10-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Received 222 Likes on 170 Posts

I always allow some extra time when driving my XJS for the same reason. When I stop at a store and when I come out there's always someone looking at the car and asking questions.
My wife always teases me because because I have big smile on my face.

The following users liked this post:
Jonathan-W (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Received 404 Likes on 219 Posts

I was driving down the freeway a few weeks back and noticed a car a few lanes over staying right with me. I did not look over as I am use to this in the XJS but after driving for about a mile a heard the horn honk and looked over to see a car load of teenage boys giving me the thumbs up.

I have to admit I feel most proud when younger kids tell me what a cool car the XJS is at it tells me it is well on it's way and will continue to be appreciated long after I am gone.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by LuvmyXJS'
I was driving down the freeway a few weeks back and noticed a car a few lanes over staying right with me. I did not look over as I am use to this in the XJS but after driving for about a mile a heard the horn honk and looked over to see a car load of teenage boys giving me the thumbs up.

I have to admit I feel most proud when younger kids tell me what a cool car the XJS is at it tells me it is well on it's way and will continue to be appreciated long after I am gone.

I had that same exact thing happen awhile back driving down the interstate. A Toyota sedan packed with like 6 teenagers, half girls and half boys, they honked and when I looked over all the ones on near the passenger side windows (it was in the fast lane on my left) was holding their arms out doing a thumbs up and one of the boys yelled "awesome sweet ride!" loud enough I could hear it even at interstate speeds as he leaned out the window doing a double-thumbs-up.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:40 PM

I think one of the best ones I have had happen is I was getting out of the Sapphire Blue '96 at the movie theater one day about to go in and a pickup pulled up and the passenger window rolled down and a woman leaned out a little and said "That is THE SEXIEST car I have ever seen", and her husband or boyfriend, whatever he was who was driving said "That thing is gorgeous", I said thanks and as they started to pull away he gave me a thumbs up and she craned her head around some more and said "that car's just sexy", I'm not even sure if she was talking to me or him that time.

The funny thing is I have the Flamenco Red '95 V12 Sportspack model with the white parchment interior that has the red piping around all the seats, and I love it and it gets a lot of attention too but for some reason the Sapphire Blue one actually seems to get more attention and certainly gets more verbal comments like that.

The following 2 users liked this post by SouthernGypsy:
Jonathan-W (10-22-2015), XJDanny (10-24-2015)
Old 10-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Received 404 Likes on 219 Posts

[QUOTE=SouthernGypsy;1332773]I think one of the best ones I have had happen is I was getting out of the Sapphire Blue '96 at the movie theater one day about to go in and a pickup pulled up and the passenger window rolled down and a woman leaned out a little and said "That is THE SEXIEST car I have ever seen", and her husband or boyfriend, whatever he was who was driving said "That thing is gorgeous", I said thanks and as they started to pull away he gave me a thumbs up and she craned her head around some more and said "that car's just sexy", I'm not even sure if she was talking to me or him that time.

The funny thing is I have the Flamenco Red '95 V12 Sportspack model with the white parchment interior that has the red piping around all the seats, and I love it and it gets a lot of attention too but for some reason the Sapphire Blue one actually seems to get more attention and certainly gets more verbal comments like that.

Speaking of funny things, I have a solid red '95 XJS convertible and a sapphire blue '95 XJS convertible. I made the mistake one year of taking both to a big British car show and the sapphire took first place at that show and the red one did not place. The next year I took the red one by itself and it took first place. Just something about the dark sapphire blue with dark blue top that appeals to both women and men.