XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Reincarnation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Reincarnation?

I am not sure if there is such a thing as reincarnation. If there is, I would like to come back as full-fledged Jaguar XJS mechanic, working for Jaguar UK when the XJS was in production. After spending several years understanding every nut, bolt, shim and mechanics, graduate to the showroom floor knowing I could answer any question asked by an eager customer. That would be the ride of a lifetime. Then I pondered a while and concluded that the magnificent lines of the XJS and the sound of the V12 would probably sell itself. The showroom floor of Jaguar back in the day must have been exhilarating and one would even get paid. I just put my XJS away for the winter and already miss her dearly.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 693 Likes on 562 Posts

Sorry, but why the hell would you not want to work on the XKE or be a mechanic in the 50s and work your way up to work on the race team??

My dad worked on XKEs for a while, but the exotic business he worked at started to come apart because of the owner. I enjoy working on older cars a bit more than newer ones, its not that I have a problem with the complexity, I just don't enjoy it as much.

The following users liked this post:
chriskindbooks (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 03:39 AM
Received 193 Likes on 108 Posts

I like the sentiment here. As I'm working on my '88, trying to get her back to looking and running like she did in her glory days, I often wish I could have had the experience of walking into the Jag showroom and seeing her sitting there all shiny new next to other XJ's..

The following users liked this post:
chriskindbooks (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 04:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 413 Likes on 311 Posts

OP, have you talked to Doug and Grant Francis?

Last edited by Flint Ironstag; 10-29-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by sidescrollin
Sorry, but why the hell would you not want to work on the XKE or be a mechanic in the 50s and work your way up to work on the race team??

My dad worked on XKEs for a while, but the exotic business he worked at started to come apart because of the owner. I enjoy working on older cars a bit more than newer ones, its not that I have a problem with the complexity, I just don't enjoy it as much.

I would have no objection and I am sure I could find the time to work my way up to a position on the Jaguar race team. My problem would be dragging me out of a showroom full of brand new XJS's along with the E Type. The dazzling colors, smell of new leather, would make my heart pitter patter. Heck, I would even work statutory holidays for that opportunity. Just leave me with marketing and sales and I would be a happy camper.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Received 313 Likes on 205 Posts

If I was reincarnated I would want to come back in the future so I could pilot my new "J-Type" flying car.