XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Seat Extenders

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seat Extenders

Check out these XJS seat extenders:
https://jagxjsparts.com/seat-parts/s...ender-package/
I had my doubts as to whether the extenders would do much for me, but I ordered them on the chance they might, and have recently installed them. Mr. Sorrell’s XJS Seat Extender invention is a godsend for us tall guys with long legs! I’ve been driving my XJS for years in an extreme reclined position – loving the car, but putting up with a certain amount of seating discomfort, just so I could move my feet and legs around for getting in and out. When I first read about LeRoy’s Extenders, I doubted they’d really make a difference since it seemed that the seats already went clear back to the rear seat. Long story short – they do make a huge difference. The extender allows the seat to go back a few inches further, and maybe because it’s slightly higher, it’s possible to still get a good rake on the back. Do you have long legs? All I can say is “this is money well spent!”
A word about the my experience with the seller: LeRoy Sorrell is a real stand-up guy. I ordered my Extenders shortly before Hurricane Irma caused a mess in Jacksonville, which is where Mr. Sorrell outsources the manufacture of his product. In spite of the hitches the flooding caused, he pushed things through while keeping me informed of the necessary delays. On top of that, he stayed in touch, guiding me through the installation process when I was stalled (and which I must confess, took me more than an hour.) Short short – if you have long legs and drive an XJS, order these – you won’t be sorry! (And the installation is really pretty straightforward.)

Old 11-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Banned
Received 260 Likes on 169 Posts

Wish it would work on convertible .

Old 11-30-2017, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 375 Posts

Why ?.. doesn't it ! ...

Old 12-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default seat extenders

They do fit the convertible - my recent installation was on a 95 XJS convertible.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Banned
Received 260 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by IowaPopPop
They do fit the convertible - my recent installation was on a 95 XJS convertible.
On my 1990 convertible seat touches the storage compartment when all the way back and the backrest has to be straight up which is very uncomfortable.