Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJS ( X27 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xjs-x27-32/)
-   -   Spring Watch! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xjs-x27-32/spring-watch-136757/)

orangeblossom 02-13-2015 09:38 AM

Spring Watch!

With only 15 days to go before I re-tax my XJS for the 1st of March, would someone like to report the first sighting of any Convertible Sports Car with the 'Top Down' (excluding your own)

sidescrollin 02-13-2015 01:49 PM

not in the UK, so not really worth mentioning, but I only really see miatas around here with the top down when its cold.

It drives me nuts to see them up in nice weather, whats the point?
Gotta give everyone a thumbs up when its looking rainy or its cold out, not many of them left.

almost a miata every single time

orangeblossom 02-13-2015 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by sidescrollin (Post 1160986)
not in the UK, so not really worth mentioning, but I only really see miatas around here with the top down when its cold.

It drives me nuts to see them up in nice weather, whats the point?
Gotta give everyone a thumbs up when its looking rainy or its cold out, not many of them left.

almost a miata every single time

It only takes 20 seconds to put the Top down on a Miata (MX5) So no excuse for having it up on a nice day.

Not so with the Tonneau Cover on an XJS

Bill C 02-13-2015 04:44 PM

Convertible with the top down......https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...c3ef200900.png

.....or, did you mean a convertible car?

orangeblossom 02-18-2015 07:51 AM

Saw my first Convertible this year in the (UK) with the 'Top Down' a BMW.

Only a couple of Weeks to go Summer is well on the way! but if it rains on March 1st when I re-tax my XJS, then I will be totally gutted!

malc4d 02-18-2015 05:13 PM

oooooooh that's bitchy, lol. guessing not everyone got that Bill.....Bruce who ????

Saw a boxter today in Cambridge sans roof.

Bill C 02-19-2015 01:42 PM

malc4d,

Bitchy...naah. In poor taste, possibly. Snarky, yes definitely. But after the February we're having, all I've got left is snarkiness. :icon_snow:

orangeblossom 03-02-2015 04:29 PM

Its looking Good for this Weekend down here in the UK with the Met Office predicting Temperatures of 15 c

So as soon as that Freezing Cold Wind goes away, I'm hoping to be ready for a 'Shakedown Run' To see if my Exhaust rebuild has worked.

ptjs1 03-02-2015 04:54 PM

OB.

I could get my next-door neighbour to post on here to say that he saw a Sapphire blue XJS convertible with the hood down today! All he has to do is look out of his window and he might see it again tomorrow depending if it rains tonight! (I won't fold the hood if it's wet!)

Go on, get the roof down! It's what they were made for!

Paul

orangeblossom 03-02-2015 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by ptjs1 (Post 1174428)
OB.

I could get my next-door neighbour to post on here to say that he saw a Sapphire blue XJS convertible with the hood down today! All he has to do is look out of his window and he might see it again tomorrow depending if it rains tonight! (I won't fold the hood if it's wet!)

Go on, get the roof down! It's what they were made for!

Paul

I'm on it! like an Easter Bonnet! Paul but I want to do an Oil Change, while I've still got her jacked up.

orangeblossom 03-07-2015 06:44 AM

An absolutely Beautiful Orangeblossom day! with one or two Classics out and about, including the first 'e' type that I've seen in 15 years!

The same Color as my XJS and we followed each other down the road for miles!

This may take some believing but I want you to Trust me on this, he actually had the roof up! on the nicest day we've ever had this year!

His Car looked 'drop dead gawjus!' but then again so did mine!

Putting all financial considerations aside, the question that I ask myself, is would I want to do a swop?

Not a very easy question to answer! but since it seems unlikely that I'll ever get asked for real, I am very happy to have the Car I've got.

Steve M 03-07-2015 08:57 AM

Had a little fun with a top down Merc 500SL on the way back from Oxford today, most amusing.
Series 3 E Type with the roof down last Sunday, lovely job.

orangeblossom 03-07-2015 11:59 AM

It got better as it got hotter, as this afternoon I was right behind the very same XJS I saw last year!

Absolutely amazing! as he came onto the roundabout just ahead of me and then we followed each other down the road for about 5 miles, before we split and went out separate ways.

Lots of Swivel necking from cars and passers by, you rarely see one but when you see two it must have looked pretty unusual but in any event it certainly did it for me!

Also saw a 66 Pale Blue Mustang! one of may favorite cars of all time, I want one!

Forcedair1 03-08-2015 12:13 AM

Well, with no intention to offend anybody, cars with the top down year 'round here in SoCal. Today it was nearly 80 F (26.6 Celcius) here where's closer to the beach, meaning "cooler" climate. Lots of cars with the top down, including my kitty.

Cheers,

orangeblossom 03-08-2015 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Forcedair1 (Post 1178409)
Well, with no intention to offend anybody, cars with the top down year 'round here in SoCal. Today it was nearly 80 F (26.6 Celcius) here where's closer to the beach, meaning "cooler" climate. Lots of cars with the top down, including my kitty.

Cheers,

Its alright for some!

I'd love that kind of Climate in the UK.