Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJS ( X27 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xjs-x27-32/)
-   -   Under-hood warning decal/stickers on a 95 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xjs-x27-32/under-hood-warning-decal-stickers-95-a-217716/)

Spikepaga 05-13-2019 10:59 AM

Under-hood warning decal/stickers on a 95

Hi gents;

Moving on from cleaning/restoring the trunk/boot to cleaning/restoring under the hood/bonnet

I have been going at it with toothbrushes and artist paint brushes to make sure I don’t get de-greaser in undesired areas.

I have ordered several decals to replace the worn-down or missing ones in my car. I am going of photos low mileage examples on e-bay and from memory

so far I have ordered

1-the break warning system decals that go on the brake reservoir

2-firing order decal that goes over the air cleaner

3-yellow air conditioning weight label

4- the diagrams at jaguarclassicparts indicate my car should have a “do not slam hood” sticker which I ordered, but said sticker indicates a procedure of locking the bonnet prior to 1995. Not sure if the 95 s have a different decal sticker.

5- I wanted to order the yellow sticker that goes above the fan cowl, but it’s NLA, so I ordered a similar one from an S type

Are there any other warning labels that I have forgotten?

Spikepaga 05-15-2019 12:54 PM

I did finally get all the XJS AJ16 decals, for those interested in dressing up their engine

CBC4198 for the brake reservoir, I got from an eBay seller who makes higher quality replicas

CBC5929 for the coolant expansion tank, same as above

CCC4870 A/C pressures warning label from jaguarclassicparts.com

EAC5620 is the firing order decal on the air cleaner. I have seen some AJ16 XJS with and some without.

BEC17641 is the “do not force or slam shut” hood decal. I have not seen any AJ16 cars with this, but according to the diagrams at jaguarclassicparts, the car should have one.

The original fan warning decal for the XJS was not available anywhere, so I ordered C2C40097 from an S type which looks to be quite similar

ptjs1 05-16-2019 05:20 AM

Mark,

As you know, the late cars have a different locking system for the bonnet which means that you do drop it to close. Therefore, I don't think that late cars do have the "Don't slam..." sticker. I don't have it on my UK car.

Cheers

Paul

rgp 05-16-2019 09:13 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...468b3c6efa.jpg
is this what you mean?
are the warning labels the same as these?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202567026...84.m1555.l2649

Spikepaga 05-16-2019 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by rgp (Post 2071494)

well it’s a matter of finding what is “correct” for the car, but since I am not entering in show, I guess if I make a mistake it’s ok.

the one you pictured, BEC17641, is, according to the parts diagrams from jaguarclassicparts.com supposed to be in my 95, but the instructions don’t apply. Well specifically, number 3 does not apply. You just gently close each corner. But I still got it and willing be applying it since it seems like it was originally there.

The one you linked to on Ebay is certainly for pre 92 cars. Unfortunately the fan decal I need for the fan is NLA everywhere

rgp 05-16-2019 09:47 AM

the other one is bd48450 that's on eBay, I believe,

ptjs1 05-16-2019 11:19 AM

Mark,

That bonnet sticker definitely isn't on the late cars. As you say, it relates to the earlier cars with the completely different locking mechanism.

The JCP website is wrong. It should say that the sticker is only applicable up to VIN 190527. It wasn't fitted on any cars after that which is where the revised bonnet lock was introduced.

I'm going out to my car tonight. I'll see if there's a different bonnet lock sticker on my car.

Paul

Spikepaga 05-16-2019 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by ptjs1 (Post 2071554)
Mark,

That bonnet sticker definitely isn't on the late cars. As you say, it relates to the earlier cars with the completely different locking mechanism.

The JCP website is wrong. It should say that the sticker is only applicable up to VIN 190527. It wasn't fitted on any cars after that which is where the revised bonnet lock was introduced.

I'm going out to my car tonight. I'll see if there's a different bonnet lock sticker on my car.

Paul

Thanks Paul- that would be great! If there is a different bonnet closing decal, and it has a part number, please kindly write the number or take a photo, if possible . Thanks !!

jag_sticker 05-16-2019 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Spikepaga (Post 2069966)
Hi gents;

Moving on from cleaning/restoring the trunk/boot to cleaning/restoring under the hood/bonnet

I have been going at it with toothbrushes and artist paint brushes to make sure I don’t get de-greaser in undesired areas.

I have ordered several decals to replace the worn-down or missing ones in my car. I am going of photos low mileage examples on e-bay and from memory

so far I have ordered

1-the break warning system decals that go on the brake reservoir

2-firing order decal that goes over the air cleaner

3-yellow air conditioning weight label

4- the diagrams at jaguarclassicparts indicate my car should have a “do not slam hood” sticker which I ordered, but said sticker indicates a procedure of locking the bonnet prior to 1995. Not sure if the 95 s have a different decal sticker.

5- I wanted to order the yellow sticker that goes above the fan cowl, but it’s NLA, so I ordered a similar one from an S type

Are there any other warning labels that I have forgotten?

No hood or trunk slam decals required for your car. They're wasn't much they did apply by 1995 from the sticker fest of the mid 1980s. The later fan warning decal is available. Emissions decals and airbag decals are probably the only additional ones.
Regards
David

Spikepaga 05-16-2019 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by jag_sticker (Post 2071702)
No hood or trunk slam decals required for your car. They're wasn't much they did apply by 1995 from the sticker fest of the mid 1980s. The later fan warning decal is available. Emissions decals and airbag decals are probably the only additional ones.
Regards
David

94-96 Fan warning is available? I haven’t been able to locate anywhere....

Well, I ended up installing the hood/bonnet sticker already, as I followed what jaguarclassicparts indicated, and I will just leave it there. Doesn’t look bad, although inaccurate

jag_sticker 05-16-2019 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spikepaga (Post 2071748)
94-96 Fan warning is available? I haven’t been able to locate anywhere....

Well, I ended up installing the hood/bonnet sticker already, as I followed what jaguarclassicparts indicated, and I will just leave it there. Doesn’t look bad, although inaccurate

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...9eaededcd0.jpg
I believe this is the one you are after.

Spikepaga 05-16-2019 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by jag_sticker (Post 2071760)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...9eaededcd0.jpg
I believe this is the one you are after.

Yes. It’s CAC9312. Do you have a source? Jaguarclassicparts does not have it and it’s not on eBay either

TJN 12-28-2019 09:07 PM

Jag Stickers

Sorry long response.... Try jagstickers.com (seriously). They have most originals and reprints.

Word of warning, many suppliers (eBay has 100’s) want to sell things. Warning labels are no exception. Think you have some good counsel above, very few on 1995/96 AJ16:

Antifreeze on header tank
Rotation warning on radiator fan cowl
Refrigerant and charge weight of A/C
Refrigerant update label, per the Technical Bulletin.
Large VIN Label (plus small ones on all panels) these can also be reprinted.
No (yes, no) firing order label on AJ16
No, as above, “do not slam”, due to changes in bonnet locking. Should be label on L/H strut

And that’s about it!

Suggest you seek out a copy of the XJS Concours judging guide. A little patchy in places on the 95/96 4.0. But a good quick reference guide.

TJN 12-28-2019 09:11 PM

Last thought.....

Assuming you are in US? Germany, Japan, Saudi, Australia, etc have some variances. Though tiny on the 95/96.

Coventry Foundation 12-29-2019 06:37 AM

If you are looking for under bonnet stickers and those for other places we would ask you check out our site https://www.ebay.com/str/coventryfou...at=68713882013

These are all original and were excess to the needs of Jaguar North America. California and Canada compliance stickers are there along with the other 49.