Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJS ( X27 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xjs-x27-32/)
-   -   v12s.com non-delivery (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xjs-x27-32/v12s-com-non-delivery-175003/)

marke 01-09-2017 08:42 PM

v12s.com non-delivery

Has anyone had recent dealings with Wolfgang at V12s.com?

I purchased an injector harness from them around a year ago with no problems. However over 3 months ago I purchased a radiator and fan set and was advised it would be shipped in 3 weeks. After 9 weeks I asked how long and was told 15 December (that would have made it 11 weeks). Yet another 4 weeks later I've heard nothing and no one has replied to my email. So in summary 3 weeks has turned into over 3 months and I've got no idea what is going on

Doug 01-09-2017 09:52 PM

I don't recall hearing anything bad about V12s.com. Maybe waiting for enough orders to take to his supplier/manufacturer? That's often the case. I didn't find any complaints online.

There's "something" about V12 radiators and fans. I've been hearing about delivery problems for many years. Google "Brian Welker Texas V12" for one example. I think all these guys operate out of their living room and don't keep any expensive inventory on-hand.

Others will chime in

Cheers
DD

44lawrence 01-10-2017 08:12 AM

I ordered a billet remote oil filter kit from v12's a few years back. Never got a the kit . Excuse was it was on back order and then later discontinued. I'm still waiting , four years or so later. Needless to say I went elsewhere for my alum rad and elec fans.

Jonathan-W 01-11-2017 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by marke (Post 1599637)
Has anyone had recent dealings with Wolfgang at V12s.com?

I purchased an injector harness from them around a year ago with no problems. However over 3 months ago I purchased a radiator and fan set and was advised it would be shipped in 3 weeks. After 9 weeks I asked how long and was told 15 December (that would have made it 11 weeks). Yet another 4 weeks later I've heard nothing and no one has replied to my email. So in summary 3 weeks has turned into over 3 months and I've got no idea what is going on

That is sad to hear... I also ordered a Radiator and received it quickly.....
just bolted right in... no problem...
just cancel your order and go to the wizard cooling web site....

https://wizardcooling.com/1976-1996-...Ua0aAp308P8HAQ

choose automatic... +$30

Some Day, Some Day 01-12-2017 02:48 AM

Yup, Wizard got mine to me way over here in East Asia quite promptly. Seem pretty reliable.

44lawrence 01-13-2017 09:59 AM

Same here , I went with the Wizard rad. in NY. They were the only company made the aluminum radiator without incorporating the auto transmission cooler, for my situation .

marke 01-14-2017 07:32 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I've received a response from v12s.com saying sometimes handmade items take longer to complete than anticipated. However when you tell someone 3 weeks and then after I transfer my cash that grows to 3 and a half months with still no indication of when the order will be ready I think you're taking the customer for a ride.
Looks like I will give Wizard a try although first I need to get my cash back from v12s. He said he'll cancel my order but so far no funds have turned up!

sidescrollin 01-16-2017 09:41 AM

There are radiators recently available on an ebay shop for only around $300. They disappear sometimes and the owner told me it just takes while to get caught up on stock, maybe it is a similar issue?

marke 01-21-2017 06:06 PM

Well no refund has been forthcoming despite being told my order will be cancelled.
So after paying US$1,486 on 1 Oct 2016 I have no product and no refund.
Left a phone message, no response. Sent an email regarding my refund - no response.
Strange, because when we were going through the options prior to placing my original order the responses were very prompt.
My conclusion is the seller has gone rogue

Vee 01-23-2017 09:43 AM

Not sure how you paid for it, but if you used a credit card, call it in and see what they can do for you.

Dr Quail 01-23-2017 05:35 PM

Non-performaance of contract for radiator

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 1599666)
I don't recall hearing anything bad about V12s.com. Maybe waiting for enough orders to take to his supplier/manufacturer? That's often the case. I didn't find any complaints online.

There's "something" about V12 radiators and fans. I've been hearing about delivery problems for many years. Google "Brian Welker Texas V12" for one example. I think all these guys operate out of their living room and don't keep any expensive inventory on-hand.

Others will chime in

Cheers
DD

Amen Doug, I think Brian W. finally went away, best, JW

scottpeterd 01-23-2017 06:35 PM

Marke,

Brian has hosed me over as well. Search the threads here. I no longer would give him the benefit of the doubt. I live in Uganda, and tried for several months to get my order shipped or money back. Brian kept stalling...

As luck would have it, I had an AirBnb guest last summer at my place in Kampala. Lived near Brian in Texas. He offered to go there with some friends and baseball bats.

Shortly after that, I got my refund from him. Maybe a coincidence or maybe not.

Sorry you got hosed. But read the threads...

Flint Ironstag 01-23-2017 08:52 PM

Damn, this is still happening? Sorry to hear it. Ask around and do research on some of these smaller operations before ordering. And AMEX rocks.

Jonathan-W 01-24-2017 09:32 AM

go straight to WizCooling... cut out the middle opps I took your money and forgot to order Middle man!

they make beautiful radiators and do not jerk you around!
if fact I felt shameful that I had to cover up a work of art!

marke 05-18-2017 11:12 PM

Well after 7 months of waiting the conclusion was Wolfgang at v12s.com wasn't going to delivery my radiator nor refund my money.
I made a complaint to VISA via my bank with some supporting evidence and I had a refund inside a week.
I'd highly recommend no one gives this bloke any cash because there's no guarantee you'll get delivery of what you ordered.
I'll have a look into Wizard which a few of you have mentioned

baxtor 05-19-2017 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by marke (Post 1686495)
Well after 7 months of waiting the conclusion was Wolfgang at v12s.com wasn't going to delivery my radiator nor refund my money.
I made a complaint to VISA via my bank with some supporting evidence and I had a refund inside a week.
I'd highly recommend no one gives this bloke any cash because there's no guarantee you'll get delivery of what you ordered.
I'll have a look into Wizard which a few of you have mentioned

Marke, I went to aluminium radiator made in Melbourne by Race radiators and while probably more expensive than Wizard it is of the highest quality and has been faultless approaching three years.

44lawrence 05-19-2017 06:43 AM

Marke Wizard is in New York, it would probably cost a lot to S&H to Australia. Then you must consider any problems, no matter how good the company. I'd check out what Baxtor said. I'm sure there are reliable places down there that would be cheaper in the long run.

Jonathan-W 05-21-2017 02:00 PM

Baxtor,
I have a Wizard Cooling radiator and it is just fine...
but I would have to agree with 44lawrence...
if you can help out a local business and buy local I would...
shipping aside...
the only advantage to wizard is the fact that they have patterns for so many cars and so many already made and out there...