XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 XK Modification/upgrade suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 XK Modification/upgrade suggestions

Hi everyone,

I am a new and first time Jaguar owner and loving it so far. I have a 2007 XK. It’s an incredible car, sounds great, and looks timeless. Personally, I think 2007-2009 were years of structural peaks in regards to body design and what not. The same way an older IPhone can be presumed as modern, so can vehicles feok just before 2010. Another reason I love this car.

Anyway, I’d like to get some of y’alls opinion on modifications or upgrades you’d suggest to make it look more modern, unique, or simply “cool”. I like sleek but suttely mean, if that makes sense. If you could follow your suggestions with supply references and project prices that would be greatly appreciated.

Happy to be apart of these forums, y’all are incredibly insightful and knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Old 05-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Received 375 Likes on 248 Posts

I have an XK and I too wanted it a little cooler and a little more modern so this is what I did.
Lowered it 20—25mm.
20mm spacers to the front and 15mm to the rear.
Swapped the rear light cluster to the 2010 light clusters which are fully LED.
Bought a second hand XKR exhaust, it has 4 outlets instead of 2.
Plasti dipped the wheels dark metallic grey.

More will follow for sure with more upgrades/changes you can do! :-)

Here is a nice read!
Ridicricks build!

Last edited by peterv8; 05-03-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:59 AM

That looks great. I imagine I’ll dip my tires black and switch out the tail lights as well. Was that an easy switch?

Some days i like the front a little little more than others but I’d like to change up the headlights a bit. Maybe make them not look so bug eyed and I’d like to make them LED as well. I’m thinking for the front I may add some carbon fiber vinyl to make the grill area look a bit larger, similar to the Lexus/Audi/F-type front grill look.

also, since mine is silver I’m thinking making the top black could make it look more modern as well.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle Fields
That looks great. I imagine I’ll dip my tires black and switch out the tail lights as well. Was that an easy switch?

Some days i like the front a little little more than others but I’d like to change up the headlights a bit. Maybe make them not look so bug eyed and I’d like to make them LED as well. I’m thinking for the front I may add some carbon fiber vinyl to make the grill area look a bit larger, similar to the Lexus/Audi/F-type front grill look.

also, since mine is silver I’m thinking making the top black could make it look more modern as well.
Thanks, make a search on LED convertion here and you'll know what's involved. :-)

Old 05-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Not trying to be condescending but probably the best bang for your buck as far as coolness goes is save up for an //R. Short of that, find one that had been wrecked and swap the drive train into a regular XK. Personally I like the base XK's nose better than the //R's.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

As did peterv8, I’ve done the LED tail light and the XKR back box. But LED headlights, the simple route is to buy a 2012 or later car.
The swap has been done, but not easy, as you need to change body parts as well, since the LED headlights are a different shape.
Good luck, and welcome!

Old 05-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

Just got word that MINA is producing an Air Intake upgrade for the XK and XKR. I was told in July. This won’t be a “cold air” intake but will be a stainless steel/metal one to replace the restrictive stock plastic ones. You will keep the stock air box in place as to not trigger any codes. Can’t wait...

Old 05-07-2019, 01:56 PM
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by peterv8
I have an XK and I too wanted it a little cooler and a little more modern so this is what I did.
Lowered it 20—25mm.
20mm spacers to the front and 15mm to the rear.
Swapped the rear light cluster to the 2010 light clusters which are fully LED.
Bought a second hand XKR exhaust, it has 4 outlets instead of 2.
Plasti dipped the wheels dark metallic grey.

More will follow for sure with more upgrades/changes you can do! :-)

Here is a nice read!
Ridicricks build!
Are your fog lights the ones that Adamesh sells?
How hard were they to install?

Old 05-08-2019, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by makecopies
Are your fog lights the ones that Adamesh sells?
How hard were they to install?
Bought them from AliExpress, easy to install, went thru the wheel arch. Pretty sure there the same as Adamesh but cheaper. 😊

Old 05-09-2019, 02:21 PM

Im doing the same to my 07 XK. Painting the wheels, I deleted the mufflers (sounds amazing), and now trying to figure out some other tweaks to do as well. One thing I’m doing is trying to upgrade the stereo. It’s useless without an Aux input and sounds terrible.

Everyone on here likes the “R” better but if you’re like me, I love my XK, it’s already mine, I’d rather have fun with it then buy something different.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
Im doing the same to my 07 XK. Painting the wheels, I deleted the mufflers (sounds amazing), and now trying to figure out some other tweaks to do as well. One thing I’m doing is trying to upgrade the stereo. It’s useless without an Aux input and sounds terrible.

Everyone on here likes the “R” better but if you’re like me, I love my XK, it’s already mine, I’d rather have fun with it then buy something different.
I want to delete the muffler on mine but I'm nervous it might be too loud. Hard to judge in videos.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma

To get an AUX input, you can add an ACM (Audio Control Module) to your '07 (search the forum to find out more about it).
Not real easy to find for sale, but keep an eye on the marketplace forum and ebay, they pop up from time to time.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:30 PM

I want to delete the muffler on mine but I'm nervous it might be too loud. Hard to judge in videos.
Thats why I have bought electric cutouts that I'll fit when I get home from my trip in the US! Got a daughter that's graduating from Marshall University in West Virginia on saterday! 😊

Old 05-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member

I love my exhausts tone but would love to turn the volume up a notch at times. I'm thinking about installing a pair of valved bypass pipes around the cats. Been thinking about it a while and recently picked up some newer Vette tips that had the valves installed.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:45 AM

I think I have watched this video 100 times still trying to make a decision

Old 05-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 651 Likes on 477 Posts

It'd help a lot to know what color your car is.

There aren't a lot of " true upgrades" you can do to an early XK.

Most changes will be a compromise.

I wrapped most of my exterior trim, black brushed for side vent, rear panel.

Titanium brushed for the window trim.

Gloss black for the headlight washer trim

In the end I decided the window trim modification did not fit my Caramel interior, I peeled it back off.

I also peeled off the trim from the side vent, it is possible a factory colored piece would work here instead.

This is how my car looks now.

Because my XK is my primary traveling car I have not lowered it. Not fretting about scraping on entrances and exits brings peace of mind when traveling.

Wheels are a potential performance upgrade, but do your research. It is difficult to beat the style of the factory wheels.

The most important upgrade of all will be tires, especially if yours are old.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (02-16-2020)
Old 05-10-2019, 01:16 PM

Has this car been in Maryland a couple of months ago?

Old 05-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

I think I have watched this video 100 times still trying to make a decision
https://youtu.be/MkO58y7Z168

It's in a parking garage which makes it sound cool. In reality it sounds like a '82 Chevy pickup with a 307 and blown muffler. Trust me...

The following users liked this post:
MarkyUK (05-13-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 10:01 PM
Received 111 Likes on 60 Posts

Ive ordered this exhaust. should be here in 2-3 weeks. Ill post a video when I install it along with 200 cell cats

Old 05-12-2019, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

Nice sound

Quick Reply: 2007 XK Modification/upgrade suggestions