Convertible
65.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition Registry

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Add me

I've had my 2008 XKR Portfolio for a year and a half. It's a convertible with cream interior and aluminum trim. 22k miles, but I'm going to add 2k when I drive it to Tucson for the winter. I'm looking forward to the trip.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Well.... you are NOT going to believe this....

First, my apologies for not being more active on this forum. But here's my incredible (but 100% true) story.

So I fly to Baton Rouge to pickup the 08 Portfolio. Dealer was awesome and car is immaculate. Spent the night in NOLA and met some cool peeps and partied till 5AM. In the morning headed back west and dove over Pontchartrain Causeway (longest continuous bridge over water in the world). Best drive of my life back to Philly. Drove the car to work all week, smiling every day.

On Saturday 10/25 left to fly to Disney for a planned family vaca. Left the car in our warehouse at work. Trip was great and kids can't wait to go back. We did Mickey's "Not So Spooky Halloween". Awesome. Get home a week later and pickup the car. Still smiling ear to ear. Time to go back to work and really get to know my new car. Oh yeah, I need to post some pics to Jaguar Forums - don't forget to do that.

Coming home from a rehearsal for a community theatre play I'm in with daughter TWO NIGHTS LATER, a 250 lb buck runs out of the woods and CREAMS the side of the Jag. My daughter screams in hysterics from the back seat. Is she hurt!!?? I can barely control the car and pull over. We are on a dark lonely country back road. I can't get out of the care because the door is smashed in. My cell phone is dead. Thank goodness a stranger stops to help, calls 911, ambulance comes, police come. My daughter is fine. The car, not so much.

A week later, the car at the body shop, insurance calls and tells me the good news... car is fixable and is totally covered, except for the deductible ($1000) of course. I rent a Toyota Avalon. The shop manager calls and says he'll have it done ASAP but he needs a lot of parts from England. I finally pickup the car on December 19th. It looks great! Can't tell a thing happened. I really need to take some pics for the Jaguar Forum I think as I drive off. This was December 19th.

The following week is Christmas week. I always take off the week of Christmas through New Years. We usually go away between XMAS and New Years but decided not to this year because of the XMAS play I was in with my daughter. After XMAS a buddy calls and invites me over. I go over and we have a few beers, shoot the ****, it gets late, I go to leave. Driving home about midnight on a dark, country road I see a flash out of the corner of my eye... BOOM! Another deer. Opposite side. I want to cry. Back to the shop. Call my insurance agent. This time I rent a VW Passat. I think the Toyota is a little nicer.

Good news again. Car is fixable. Parts from England. Custom paint. Blah, blah, blah. I am numb. I picked up the car LAST THURSDAY, February 5th. So far I have driven this car all of about 3 weeks since before Halloween. Over $25,000 has been spent repairing it. If the past is any indication, I should be hitting a deer in about 3 to 4 days.

If it survives the weekend, I'll try to get some recent pics. If not, just shoot me. Here's a pic from when I picked it up....

Old 02-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider48
Hi,
Apologies for the late reply...just read your post. No, not a rider for Diabetes.
Was my favorite BB gun as a kid and still have one.
Apologies for my late reply,,, I regularly have drinks in the orighinal Dasiy factory in Plymouth Michigan. Now called the Plymouth Landing, many of us have fond memorys of our Dasiy guns.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by swezey
Well.... you are NOT going to believe this....

First, my apologies for not being more active on this forum. But here's my incredible (but 100% true) story.

So I fly to Baton Rouge to pickup the 08 Portfolio. Dealer was awesome and car is immaculate. Spent the night in NOLA and met some cool peeps and partied till 5AM. In the morning headed back west and dove over Pontchartrain Causeway (longest continuous bridge over water in the world). Best drive of my life back to Philly. Drove the car to work all week, smiling every day.

On Saturday 10/25 left to fly to Disney for a planned family vaca. Left the car in our warehouse at work. Trip was great and kids can't wait to go back. We did Mickey's "Not So Spooky Halloween". Awesome. Get home a week later and pickup the car. Still smiling ear to ear. Time to go back to work and really get to know my new car. Oh yeah, I need to post some pics to Jaguar Forums - don't forget to do that.

Coming home from a rehearsal for a community theatre play I'm in with daughter TWO NIGHTS LATER, a 250 lb buck runs out of the woods and CREAMS the side of the Jag. My daughter screams in hysterics from the back seat. Is she hurt!!?? I can barely control the car and pull over. We are on a dark lonely country back road. I can't get out of the care because the door is smashed in. My cell phone is dead. Thank goodness a stranger stops to help, calls 911, ambulance comes, police come. My daughter is fine. The car, not so much.

A week later, the car at the body shop, insurance calls and tells me the good news... car is fixable and is totally covered, except for the deductible ($1000) of course. I rent a Toyota Avalon. The shop manager calls and says he'll have it done ASAP but he needs a lot of parts from England. I finally pickup the car on December 19th. It looks great! Can't tell a thing happened. I really need to take some pics for the Jaguar Forum I think as I drive off. This was December 19th.

The following week is Christmas week. I always take off the week of Christmas through New Years. We usually go away between XMAS and New Years but decided not to this year because of the XMAS play I was in with my daughter. After XMAS a buddy calls and invites me over. I go over and we have a few beers, shoot the ****, it gets late, I go to leave. Driving home about midnight on a dark, country road I see a flash out of the corner of my eye... BOOM! Another deer. Opposite side. I want to cry. Back to the shop. Call my insurance agent. This time I rent a VW Passat. I think the Toyota is a little nicer.

Good news again. Car is fixable. Parts from England. Custom paint. Blah, blah, blah. I am numb. I picked up the car LAST THURSDAY, February 5th. So far I have driven this car all of about 3 weeks since before Halloween. Over $25,000 has been spent repairing it. If the past is any indication, I should be hitting a deer in about 3 to 4 days.

If it survives the weekend, I'll try to get some recent pics. If not, just shoot me. Here's a pic from when I picked it up....
242ea2cf52800f7b404045a3.jpg[/IMG]
I have hit many deer but never in the Jag.. Some very bad luck. It is a great looking car hopefully you will have agreat summer.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,139 Likes on 3,383 Posts
Default Oops!

Delete me from the convertible registry poll. Just realized you're asking for 2008 - mine's a 2009. Still learning how to read... Sorry for the misteak.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 359 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by LstFord
Apologies for my late reply,,, I regularly have drinks in the orighinal Dasiy factory in Plymouth Michigan. Now called the Plymouth Landing, many of us have fond memorys of our Dasiy guns.
Hey Mate,
That's pretty darn kool! Was the factory revived into an eatery? Is so, what's the name and location?
I'd like to check it out on one of my RV trips.....
Happy Motoring

Attached Images  

Last edited by RedRider48; 02-12-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by RedRider48
Hey Mate,
That's pretty darn kool! Was the factory revived into an eatery? Is so, what's the name and location?
I'd like to check it out on one of my RV trips.....
Happy Motoring
It is called the Plymouth Landing. I read a little more about it. It was the busniss headquarters not the factory. If you order Scotch they offer a very large pour.

Daisy Outdoor Products - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jim

Old 02-13-2015, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LstFord
It is called the Plymouth Landing. I read a little more about it. It was the busniss headquarters not the factory. If you order Scotch they offer a very large pour.

Daisy Outdoor Products - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jim
Thanks Jim. I'll research it. BTW, I'm more of Cognac/Brandy guy.
Happy Motoring....

Old 03-05-2015, 06:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to forum

I am the proud and happy owner of a 2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio convertible. It has 22k miles; 13k when I purchased it two years ago. My story is unique, because I was the salesperson who sold this car originally. Ar the time, the dealership was told only 250 for the U.S. market were made. I sold two new. $104,500. Full sticker, because at the time there were no discounts on this rare vehicle. I left the dealership in 2012. In January of 2013 I was at an airport in Puerto Rico, headed to Dubai, when I looked at my former employer's website. Low and behold there she was in all her glory. Celestial black with Ivory interior. I texted my old manager, negotiated a deal, gave him a deposit, all before getting on the plane. As a side note, the trip included flying to London where we toured the Castle Bromwich manufacturing facility. I saw and sat in the F-Type before it was at the U.S. car shows. Anyway, I'm in love. Her active suspension hugs the road like no other. I employee leased a 2007 XK convertible before her. I love the XK/XKR Ian Cullum designed. It was love at first sight for me. I sold MANY of them due to my love showing thru when I featured them, I guess. Also, we had a twisting, turning mountain road near-by to show off the handling. I always said this was the only car that GUARANTEED a big smile on the prospect after the test drive. It never disappointed me!

I would be amiss if I didn't mention my husband who bought me this beauty for Valentine's Day. I am forever grateful.

The following users liked this post:
richzak (03-05-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Claudia Randolph Webb
I am the proud and happy owner of a 2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio convertible. It has 22k miles; 13k when I purchased it two years ago. My story is unique, because I was the salesperson who sold this car originally. Ar the time, the dealership was told only 250 for the U.S. market were made. I sold two new. $104,500. Full sticker, because at the time there were no discounts on this rare vehicle. I left the dealership in 2012. In January of 2013 I was at an airport in Puerto Rico, headed to Dubai, when I looked at my former employer's website. Low and behold there she was in all her glory. Celestial black with Ivory interior. I texted my old manager, negotiated a deal, gave him a deposit, all before getting on the plane. As a side note, the trip included flying to London where we toured the Castle Bromwich manufacturing facility. I saw and sat in the F-Type before it was at the U.S. car shows. Anyway, I'm in love. Her active suspension hugs the road like no other. I employee leased a 2007 XK convertible before her. I love the XK/XKR Ian Cullum designed. It was love at first sight for me. I sold MANY of them due to my love showing thru when I featured them, I guess. Also, we had a twisting, turning mountain road near-by to show off the handling. I always said this was the only car that GUARANTEED a big smile on the prospect after the test drive. It never disappointed me!

I would be amiss if I didn't mention my husband who bought me this beauty for Valentine's Day. I am forever grateful.
How about a few pics here on this thread. We would like to see it.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome Claudia,
Yes, a few pics of your gift...great story, btw.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:51 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Celestial black convertible 31k miles 20" tires, Alcon ... Marblehead ma.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by carlprs
Celestial black convertible 31k miles 20" tires, Alcon ... Marblehead ma.
Welcome! How about showing us your Kitty......

Old 06-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got one. Based in London.

Celestial black, 42K on the clock, had it about 15 months.

Had a few recent issues with rear brake discs and pistons, but these seem to be sorted, for the time being at least! Might need a few new pistons fitting later this year.

Anyone else having problems with the Alcons?

Old 06-19-2015, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Emkay

Had a few recent issues with rear brake discs and pistons, but these seem to be sorted, for the time being at least! Might need a few new pistons fitting later this year.

Hi,
Thanks for checking in. Your beauty sounds a lot like mine.
FYI, you might get more responses by asking your Alcon question as a separate request in this forum.
Happy Motoring....

Last edited by RedRider48; 06-19-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Emkay

Still haven't gotten to the bottom of why my brakes squeak when stopping from low speed. It makes me suspicious since apparently no one else's here does that, but they actually work well.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my car but the condensate leak on the passenger floor has me beat I did the extra drain fix in the forum but didn't help much. It leaks around the blower motor so I removed it and tried two different sealants that didn't stick well to the housing. I guess it $1100 dollars to the dealer. Any body else have this problem?

Old 06-26-2015, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by carlprs
I love my car but the condensate leak on the passenger floor has me beat I did the extra drain fix in the forum but didn't help much. It leaks around the blower motor so I removed it and tried two different sealants that didn't stick well to the housing. I guess it $1100 dollars to the dealer. Any body else have this problem?
I asked for assistance from JAG USA and they paid $250 of the $700 the dealer charged. They dropped the trans, I would not want to have the dash pulled because of the possible rattles that would result. Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
carlprs (06-27-2015)
Old 06-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,139 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Originally Posted by JustNiz
Still haven't gotten to the bottom of why my brakes squeak when stopping from low speed. It makes me suspicious since apparently no one else's here does that, but they actually work well.
See: http:// http://www.theglobeandmail.c...service=mobile

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...service=mobile

Hope this helps,

Stuart

Last edited by Stuart S; 06-26-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member

My humble opinion,......
Mr. Moderator, in the spirit of keeping this registry thread pure with only those owners adding their 2008 Portfolio cars, please move these two technical questions to the general technical section.

Thanks and happy motoring......

Quick Reply: 2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition Registry