Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   2013-2014 nav disks (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/2013-2014-nav-disks-157032/)

Leeper 01-31-2016 06:06 PM

2013-2014 nav disks

Anyone got a line on these? I need the "West" if that matters, feel free to PM me if you'd prefer or have a rather "gray" area suggestion

Thank you!

Cee Jay 01-31-2016 09:58 PM

Or, buy the set and put out a post that you have the EAST disk for sale, half your cost. I did it that way and had a buyer the next day.

richzak 01-31-2016 10:26 PM

Leeper:

Try eBay. That's where I got my WEST disc.

Leeper 01-31-2016 10:50 PM

Thanks Rich been looking there and PirateBay just in case

Snide72 02-01-2016 08:40 AM

I Have One!

Leeper, I bought the 2-disc 2013-2014 US & Canada Nav DVDs last year and I don't need the West disc. I paid, with tax, $218.17. I'll sell the West disc for $100.

richzak 02-01-2016 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Snide72 (Post 1393884)
Leeper, I bought the 2-disc 2013-2014 US & Canada Nav DVDs last year and I don't need the West disc. I paid, with tax, $218.17. I'll sell the West disc for $100.

Leeper:

For $100....I would take Snide72 up on this deal. You won't find at a lower price.

Rey 02-01-2016 11:09 AM

I have the current "West Edition" and can report that it covers as far eastward as central Indiana.

Leeper 02-01-2016 11:12 AM

Thank you Snide but looking for a bit better deal -

Direct from Jaguar the disks are $199 for both

Jaguar Navigation DVD - NAVDVDMAPS.COM -$50 for both maps 2012 edition

2014 Jaguar XK/XF DVD Navigation System Maps Update | Car Navigation DVD Maps - both maps $100 (if someone wants to split that let me know)

https://www.bluesnap.com/jsp/buynow....eferrer=881010 -$99 both maps 2013

Snide if you'll take $50 I'm in otherwise I'll wait a bit. My current maps are 2007 and don't show some nearby newer freeways. If it comes to it I'll spring for the $100 2013 edition and split it with someone as I only need/want the West

Snide72 02-01-2016 02:00 PM

No Surprise

I'll pass.

apost8n8 02-03-2016 08:44 AM

I need the east disk and would split the cost on a purchase. I messaged you, leeper.

Leeper 02-03-2016 10:03 AM

I've got the 2013-2014 disks being sent out should arrive end of the week. I just responded to your PM

White Bear 02-03-2016 07:33 PM

$199:00 for new nav discs!
For the purists amoung us this might not be irrelevant...
I travel for my work all the time, in fact my pals joke my daily driver is a rental!
I use a Garmin GPS to get around, its small, easy to carry and easy to program, map updates are free, and it talks to me. It tells me when to turn, in which direction, and what lane I should be in. It remembers where I've been so I can get back to my hotel after work, and then back to the work location the next day, and I can change its destination on the go (although I shouldn't), and knows where all the airports are.
It cost less than those discs.
If I need to find my way anywhere I get out my Garmin, in my 05 XKR, in my 11 XK, in my 07 A6, in my wife's 12 A5. In every case the Garmin is quicker to program, easier to follow, has the latest updates, and I don't get lost, or more importantly, have to ask for directions. Not one of the in car GPS systems can match that little unit.
Just saying...

Cee Jay 02-03-2016 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by White Bear (Post 1395694)
$199:00 for new nav discs!
For the purists amoung us this might not be irrelevant...
I travel for my work all the time, in fact my pals joke my daily driver is a rental!
I use a Garmin GPS to get around, its small, easy to carry and easy to program, map updates are free, and it talks to me. It tells me when to turn, in which direction, and what lane I should be in. It remembers where I've been so I can get back to my hotel after work, and then back to the work location the next day, and I can change its destination on the go (although I shouldn't), and knows where all the airports are.
It cost less than those discs.
If I need to find my way anywhere I get out my Garmin, in my 05 XKR, in my 11 XK, in my 07 A6, in my wife's 12 A5. In every case the Garmin is quicker to program, easier to follow, has the latest updates, and I don't get lost, or more importantly, have to ask for directions. Not one of the in car GPS systems can match that little unit.
Just saying...

Me, I don't use the Nav in my 2010 pretty much ever, but that's because I already know my way around within a few hundred miles. BUT, when I DO use it, I absolutely LOVE the LANE DIRECTION graphics between the Speedo and Tach. No Garmin will ever be able to do that. Plus, if some deadbeat happens to break in to my car there will be nothing to steal. Additionally, I do not want a blob of plastic stuck to my windshield with a cord hanging down. Ugh. Just my preference.

White Bear 02-03-2016 07:59 PM

Yes the graphics are nice, and yes the Garmin has something very similar, but can your Jag talk to you in a sexy English voice like Joan Greenwood?
My Garmin dose. Sometimes I deliberately turn the wrong way just to hear her give me U turn directions, it just like she's scolding me.
I can't describe in a public forum what that dose for me...

Leeper 02-03-2016 08:19 PM

I have a Garmin GPS in my dresser that I haven't used in several years, not because it's an older model but I don't care to have extraneous things cluttering my car. In reality I use my Droid with either Google Maps or Wase with great luck but again then my phone is less visible and likely to bounce around or fall. For $100 it's well-worth it to me to have updated maps in the car GPS for things like POI or simply marking a spot I like or a new address to readily access plus I'm very anal about wanting things "right and proper" in my car so a small price to pay.

flyc2c 02-04-2016 06:30 AM

CDburnerXP. It's free. Make an .ISO of the original disc then burn in a single pass a "backup" DVD. It's painfully easy. I've found only one type of blank DVD works. Unfortunately I'm on the road now and don't remember. I'll check when I get home.

flyc2c 02-05-2016 12:25 PM

Verbatim Dual Layer DVD+R. These are the only ones that seem to work.

ralphwg 02-05-2016 10:22 PM

Although I'm a big believer in the built-in GPS; and its English accent. It does not always provide the most direct routing. As an example, last night I checked out a route on Mapquest to a place I had been to once before using the GPS and found a more direct shorter route that required only two turns after exiting the freeway instead of 5 turns. So I used the Mapquest route and it cut the transit time significantly. Anybody else experience something similar?

Leeper 02-05-2016 10:37 PM

Driving my XK back from Detroit last December I came to an intersection, at the time I was utilizing Google Maps and Waze on my phone as well as the Jag nav. When I got to the 4 way one told me to go straight, the other left, the other right.

BTW - I didn't know Mapquest was still around, last time I used that was maybe 15 years ago.