XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2015 XKR: Post-mordem Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts
Default 2015 XKR: Post-mordem Review

I was hoping Jaguar would have at least one more iteration of the model before sending it to the bone yard. The XK model is a beautiful sculptured machine. It is without a doubt, the most graceful GT ever built--putting it in a class of it's own. I'm basing the subject of this thread on the unconfirmed demise of the XK.

If Jaguar were to have one more iteration of the model what would you like to see?

I'd like to see :
-8 speed transmission (although I'm ok with the 6 speed in a GT)
-an updated front to look like the C-X75 in my signature.
-rear end to look similar to the F-type

Not much to improve on a legend unless you do a total rebuild. Let's hope Jaguar will introduce an XK/XKR/XKR-S II in the near future. The Jaguar brand is, indeed, getting attention as a reliable performing manufacturer after spending many $'s to revamp and market the brand. With limited capital Jaguar may give the GT a rest and when the market changes introduce the II. The BMW M5/M6, Audi A5,S5 and Merc. C63 AMG etc. just don't measure up to the elegance of the Jaguar GT. No one can tell me the brand is unreliable as an owner.

My XKR will never die. It puts the biggest silly grin on my face just looking at it.

Last edited by DGL; 12-08-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 345 Likes on 239 Posts

I love the XKR and it's sister the XKRS.... I have one of each and I will never part with them!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

I'd still wish for a manual gearbox option...

Old 12-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by CleverName
I'd still wish for a manual gearbox option...
They should've done an manual and an 8 speed model. I would've bought the manual and even paid a premium for it.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Manual gearboxes are a thing of the past. When manual transmission s were king - so was having 300hp. Part of the reason for gearboxes of late is the increase in power and need for ability to control it. The torque of an XKR would be scary with a third pedal.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I was hoping Jaguar would have at least one more iteration of the model before sending it to the bone yard. The XK model is a beautiful sculptured machine. It is without a doubt, the most graceful GT ever built--putting it in a class of it's own. I'm basing the subject of this thread on the unconfirmed demise of the XK.

If Jaguar were to have one more iteration of the model what would you like to see?

I'd like to see :
-8 speed transmission (although I'm ok with the 6 speed in a GT)
-an updated front to look like the C-X75 in my signature.
-rear end to look similar to the F-type

Not much to improve on a legend unless you do a total rebuild. Let's hope Jaguar will introduce an XK/XKR/XKR-S II in the near future. The Jaguar brand is, indeed, getting attention as a reliable performing manufacturer after spending many $'s to revamp and market the brand. With limited capital Jaguar may give the GT a rest and when the market changes introduce the II. The BMW M5/M6, Audi A5,S5 and Merc. C63 AMG etc. just don't measure up to the elegance of the Jaguar GT. No one can tell me the brand is unreliable as an owner.

My XKR will never die. It puts the biggest silly grin on my face just looking at it.
Because of the smaller F type the next generation XK is rumored to be larger with a more practical back seat.

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Manual gearboxes are a thing of the past. When manual transmission s were king - so was having 300hp. Part of the reason for gearboxes of late is the increase in power and need for ability to control it. The torque of an XKR would be scary with a third pedal.
Indeed, there are modern automatics that outperform manuals while getting better fuel economy.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

The only thing I would like is and updated Tranny, ceramic brakes and updated interior. Other than that I'm happy.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Received 189 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Long Live The XK Series

DGL ... you said it all! Look how many times Ford has tried to replicate the original Mustang ... and most agree to this day that the original is still best!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:49 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

I know it has been rumored the next generation would be larger and more luxurious. Isn't this taking it into XFR territory? I can't see why Jaguar would want to morph this beauty into a sedan like coupe. They should make a coupe version of the XF. The XK is a GT, to morph it into anything else is just wrong.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

I see room for improvement on the current design....
Obviously the exterior is flawless (IMHO) but the rear seating could be updated to be usable with little change to exterior dimensions. Perhaps even fold down seats to extend the cargo capabilities a tad as well?

Old 12-10-2013, 02:33 AM
Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

What changes I would like to see are the following..

New dual clutch transmission..

Updated dashboard and sat nav system

10 cm (4 inches) more space for the rear seats,

Change the location of the window washer button.

Fixed paddles behind the steering wheel, paddles that are a bit further away from the wheel and fixed so they do not move.

2 reverse lights, not just one,

Option to turn off the TMPS system, so that if you buy winter tyres on non original rims ect, that new sensors are not needed.

Better radio reception..

But I am nitpicking here... It is already a wonderful car.