Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   ABS/DCS/Cruise Fault lights on (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/abs-dcs-cruise-fault-lights-146254/)

Openside 07-13-2015 11:22 AM

ABS/DCS/Cruise Fault lights on

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

I currently have the ABS/DCS fault lights on and Cruise control not available warning on the dash. I also had AFL light on and Cat warning. Not sure if any of the above can be related to running very low on fuel (possibly cat issue) but all came on next restart after running 5 miles after 0 distance indicated although i did tank up at this point.

AFL and cat warning seem to have gone now but ABS/DCS/CRUISE are still on. Is there an obvious cause (and fix) related to all of these happening at the same time?? or am i off to the main ******* to fix?

Ngarara 07-13-2015 06:05 PM

Really need to read the codes - even a generic reader would give some indication. When I had a similar issue on my XK8, it was a rear ABS sensor.

Openside 07-15-2015 04:19 PM

Well the plot thickens. The good folks at my local Checkpoint hooked it up to their diagnostics and came up with ....... 76 faults :-o. After clearing them and a little tootle around the car park the following faults were still recording

ABS Control Module - C0037-37 rear left wheel speed sensor
Powertrain Control Module - C0037 and P0500 - 86 Vehicle Speed sensor A
Transmission Control Module - D67B21N0GB
Drivers Door Module
Central Junction box (Body control module)
Infotainment control module
Integrated Control Panel
Passenger door module
RSJB - Auxiliary junction box (body control module B)
Navigation Control Module

The battery tested good (83%) and connections solid. I've had a look at the rear left sensor and it is clean, although the teeth that it reads are a bit grubby.

I'm stumped but I'm hoping that you guys can shed much light and a solution or two for the ailments above.
Fingers Crossed

WhiteXKR 07-15-2015 04:56 PM

Chances are a left rear wheel speed sensor replacement will solve the problem. The most common failure with these is a break of the wire inside the cable, usually from flexing.

You can check them with an ohmeter when unplugged, they should be a few thousand ohms.

Ngarara 07-15-2015 05:10 PM

I agree - the first two are probably related to the same physical fault with the left rear wheel sensor.

I can't find any DTC that starts D67..., so I'm not sure what that one is about; all the TCM codes start with P or U. That number, particularly the 'GB' suffix, sounds like a part number or software code.

To comment on any of the other faults, I'd need the DTCs to give you a guess - have you actually experienced any problems with the modules mentioned?

Openside 07-16-2015 02:29 AM

Thanks for the input gents. I will check the wiring and replace the sensor if wiring is OK. Please ignore the D67 code as thats for a Neff cooker hood :-o (something else i was looking at).

Ngarara 07-17-2015 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Openside (Post 1268093)
Please ignore the D67 code as thats for a Neff cooker hood :-o (something else i was looking at).

Bwahahahahahah!!!!:icon_bowrofl::icon_crackup::ico n_laugh:

Openside 07-18-2015 07:19 AM

Changed the sensor and that seems to have done the trick. DCS didn't come on, ABS went off after a few miles and the folks at Checkpoint cleared all other faults so, currently, warning free dashboard. Thanks for your help gents :-).

The Checkpoint guys mentioned that its typical with Jags and Rovers that a variety of faults always show up on the diagnostic so i'll not worry until the dashboard pipes up :-o

britannia 07-18-2015 12:52 PM

I always carry a code reader in both our jags (XK8 & XK) and yes, lots of erroneous
codes do appear. But the XK does seem to be much better than the XK8; progress?

Cheers, Adrian