Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Adamesh LED Conversion Kit (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/adamesh-led-conversion-kit-73910/)

peterv8 01-25-2019 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ferny (Post 2018249)
I realize that this an old thread....but hope somebody could help.
I did buy the Adamesh LED Conversion kit about 4 years ago...it looks great, but I always had the warning blinker message in the dashboard.
Geoff was helpful however the issue was never resolved.
It is very frustrating and going crazy....I am now retaking the problem for a solution.
I have a 2007 Jaguar XK "Convertible".
I am willing to try anything...so any suggestions are welcome.
Somebody mentioned about changing for better quality incandescent light bulbs (perhaps greater Ohms light bulbs). I would appreciate recommendation of light bulb brand and specs (model).
Also it was mentioned about swapping incandescent light bulbs for resistors. What type of resistors do you recomend?
Should I keed the incandescent light bulbs and add additional resistors.
Thank you All

I have my home made wiring but with bulbs also. I have 16W bulbs in mine.

kj07xk 01-25-2019 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ferny (Post 2018249)
I realize that this an old thread....but hope somebody could help.
I did buy the Adamesh LED Conversion kit about 4 years ago...it looks great, but I always had the warning blinker message in the dashboard.
Geoff was helpful however the issue was never resolved.
It is very frustrating and going crazy....I am now retaking the problem for a solution.
I have a 2007 Jaguar XK "Convertible".
I am willing to try anything...so any suggestions are welcome.
Somebody mentioned about changing for better quality incandescent light bulbs (perhaps greater Ohms light bulbs). I would appreciate recommendation of light bulb brand and specs (model).
Also it was mentioned about swapping incandescent light bulbs for resistors. What type of resistors do you recomend?
Should I keed the incandescent light bulbs and add additional resistors.
Thank you All

You can also look at this PDF by George Kale, for possible resistor values. This solution is for use with the 2010+ OEM wiring loom, but wire is wire, so unless the Adamesh loom has some built in resistors, the values selected by George may work for you.
I've used his solution for several years now, with no issues (or light bulbs to burn out, break, or overheat (although I must admit, I've never checked the temperature of my resistors during use)).

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ps-upgrade.pdf

Rick7311 01-25-2019 10:27 PM

Extra LED

My previous XKR was a 09 & I bought the kit from Geoff. The drivers side worked perfectly but the passenger was a nightmare. I wound up getting an extra passenger tail lamp & sent it off to Geoff to open it up & add the wires needed to convert. It turned out not helping & one day I was pissed & uninstalled the passenger side, reinstalled everything & still had the same problem. Finally I played around with the ground wire & kept trying different locations. I wound up grounding it to the ground for the fuse panel located behind the back seat. Everything worked perfectly for a year & I traded the car in. I don’t think anyone has figured out why this happens. Some cars have no issues while others do.

I still have the extra LED passenger housing, if someone wants to experiment on their car I’d be happy to send it to you free of charge. You’d still need the 2010+ trunk wiring harness that goes to all the lights & get some resistors. That stuff can’t cost 2 much. Might be worth it if someone has some free time & a little knowledge with resisters.

Brewtech 01-26-2019 01:20 PM

Im going the George Kale method. Already have everything, just need time to start tearing into it

Ferny 02-06-2019 12:05 AM

Thank you Rick7311 for sharing your experience....it seems that grounding in the right location makes a big difference.
My XK is convertible, so I will try to ground it at the fuse panel behind the back seat...

Thank you for offering your LED for free...perhaps somebody in the Forum could have a good use for it.
Any other suggestions are welcome!