XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

reprogram the CCF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reprogram the CCF?

I have an 08 XKR that was built (per the build sheet) with "SATELLITE DIGITAL AUDIO PREP" which I presume is why the cables required to connect the Sirius module were already in the trunk stack and, as there is an antenna lead in the stack, I further presume that the satellite antenna is under the spoiler. However, the car was not purchased with the satellite radio option, thus there was no Sirius module in the trunk stack. I purchased a used module and a MOST harness with the correct number of connectors, (i.e. 4 connectors, input, telephone, nav, [newly added] Sirius.). I installed both items without difficulty. From what I've read, the last thing I need do is reprogram two locations in the Car Configuration File (CCF) to enable the satellite module. This is where things go sideways. The service adviser at my local Jaguar dealer has never reprogrammed the CCF, has never heard of anyone doing it in 10 years at the dealership, and didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I contacted an independent Jag shop and the owner said; (1) he wouldn't touch it, (2) the software & updates for the 08 are obsolete and no longer available and (3) he advised strongly against doing it because several modules could be ruined and possibly $10K in damage could be the result.
Sooooo now the questions are: Is this really as potentially damaging and risky as described? If not, does anyone know of someone in the NE US that has done this re-programming and could re-program my 08 XKR without "bricking" the electronics? (BTW - I love this car and do not want to damage it and could live with an aftermarket unit if I had to.)

Old 09-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,149 Likes on 3,085 Posts

I don't SPECIFICALLY about the Sirius stuff, but I successfully changed my CCF for the Park Assist Camera. THAT required a special extra file, but I don't believe the SAT does, and it is easily changed in SDD.
It's under "RECOMMENDATIONS" somewhere, can't remember specifically.
There are a LOT of guys in here that know a LOT about SDD, I'm sure one will be along with more specific (and useful) information.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I think you may have confused the Jaguar tech if you're using the word "reprogram". As Cee Jay points out, it's probably just a feature that you are activating in SDD. You might want to rephrase the question, avoid the terms "reprogram" and "CCF".

Just tell them you want to activate Sirius and let us know what they say.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:14 PM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

OK, few things...

The Sat Radio antenna is not under the spoiler, on cars with factory fit Sat Radio it's in a dome antenna which is on the decklid in front of the spoiler, see this pic;

Although some cars were "pre-wired" for Sat Radio, the ones i've seen are not completely wired, the antenna cable runs from the media stack and stops in the trunk area near the taillight, the rest of the antenna wiring up to the trunk lid is missing.
Also the power cable is there but it's not active, it should get power when the CCF is set correctly, but so far I haven't been able to get that to happen.

It's not the end of the world, I make the necessary power cables and antenna cables (and MOST cables, when needed), but running the antenna cable is a pain because you have to feed it through the rubber boot conduit between the body and the trunklid/hatch, not fun.

In regards to the CCF, a dealer is not able to activate the Sat Radio function, it is blocked / "greyed out" for them, they cannot change the required fields.

It is possible with certain "unlocked" equipment, but dealers aren't permitted, it's JLR policy, no modifications!

I seem to recall there was a forum member in Massachusetts who might have the necessary tools to make the programming, possibly...

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'll post a query in the US NE regional forum and see if I can locate someone with the correct gear to "activate" the Sirius module somewhere in this part of the country. The wife is off touring in VT this weekend (it's actually her car) but when she gets back I'll have serious look around the trunk to see how much of the antenna wiring is there and I'll put a meter on the satellite module power wire to see if its hot. I'll let you know what I find.

MarkyUK (06-14-2020)
Old 09-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member

Of course, you'd have to WANT Sirius to bother with all this. Me, I had it and very rarely used it. PLUS, Sirius sold my phone # and I got absolutely deluged by SPAM phone calls right after that.
Never Sirius for me, ever.

Stuart S (08-11-2020)
Old 09-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Of course, you'd have to WANT Sirius to bother with all this. Me, I had it and very rarely used it. PLUS, Sirius sold my phone # and I got absolutely deluged by SPAM phone calls right after that.
CJ I thought someone mentioned it in the past but in case it came from another form I'll say it here. Don't ever give sirius your own phone number but give them a number of someone who you dislike. This way you will not get the daily harassment calls from them.

The following 3 users liked this post by jagtoes:
Cee Jay (09-09-2018), MarkyUK (06-14-2020), Stuart S (08-11-2020)
Old 09-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
CJ I thought someone mentioned it in the past but in case it came from another form I'll say it here. Don't ever give sirius your own phone number but give them a number of someone who you dislike. This way you will not get the daily harassment calls from them.
Yep, it WAS in "jaguarforums" where someone advised to NEVER give SIRIUS a real phone number.... and that was by ME!
Well, at least SOMEONE listens when I say stuff!

Old 06-13-2020, 06:42 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't SPECIFICALLY about the Sirius stuff, but I successfully changed my CCF for the Park Assist Camera. THAT required a special extra file, but I don't believe the SAT does, and it is easily changed in SDD.
It's under "RECOMMENDATIONS" somewhere, can't remember specifically.
There are a LOT of guys in here that know a LOT about SDD, I'm sure one will be along with more specific (and useful) information.
Can you give me details on how you activated the reversing camera in the CCF and what the extra file is? I'm trying to do the same on my early XF, but it's not working.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:27 AM

Hi all, just got me a X351 and wanting to do the DAB upgrade, i have just purchased the DAB unit, i am just looking for clarity on what other parts i require, i have a 12 plate with no DAB pre fit according to Topix, i am in UK. I know things are listed above, but i believe it covers US cars too.

Cheers

Andy

Old 08-11-2020, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Andycots
Hi all, just got me a X351 and wanting to do the DAB upgrade, i have just purchased the DAB unit, i am just looking for clarity on what other parts i require, i have a 12 plate with no DAB pre fit according to Topix, i am in UK. I know things are listed above, but i believe it covers US cars too.

Cheers

Andy
Can a mod remove this please, completely wrong section.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,132 Likes on 3,379 Posts

My sentiments, exactly. Years ago, before Sirius bought XM Radio, I was an XM Radio customer. They overcharged me after making unauthorized changes to my account. I gave up trying to get a refund from Customer No Service and canceled my account. I'd rather have a root canal than do business with them again.

Cee Jay (08-11-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 11:27 AM
Received 272 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by fivel
Can you give me details on how you activated the reversing camera in the CCF and what the extra file is? I'm trying to do the same on my early XF, but it's not working.
And THAT, my friends, is how a post gets hijacked.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:27 AM
Received 272 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S

. I'd rather have a root canal than do business with them again.
As my father is a dentist, I thank you.

Stuart S (08-13-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 05:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,132 Likes on 3,379 Posts

Now that's funny!