Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Any SDD help out there? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/any-sdd-help-out-there-217832/)

Cee Jay 05-15-2019 04:33 PM

Any SDD help out there?

I've had SDD for a year or so now, and used it effectively for several things (rear camera, battery reset, other CCF things) but today I just for grins tried to do a Diagnostic....
And I got a couple screens into it and then THIS SCREEN popped up. Either option I choose goes to a different screen for a couple seconds (same one for both) then this same --Please Select-- screen comes up. Ad-Infinitum.
So, what am I doing wrong, or what's wrong with my SDD???

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...f04b530b95.jpg

I think Sean W had/has this same issue.

Sorry for the crappy picture.

Stuart S 05-15-2019 04:36 PM

Chinese copy?

Cee Jay 05-15-2019 04:39 PM

Don't think so, everything else works. Same version/source as another forum member and he doesn't seem to have the problem (far as I know).

hafren 05-17-2019 12:13 PM

Hasn't happened to me so sorry can't help out. BTW I keep a disk image of the whole drive so in the eventuality that something goes wrong, such as this, I reload the original image. In 3-4 years of using SDD I have had to do this once; SDD is finiky. FWIW

Cee Jay 05-17-2019 12:48 PM

It also happened the first time I used SDD, but I didn't need anything past that screen so I didn't care then. No image would have helped in this case.
I may do it now anyway just in case. It's a dedicated SDD laptop so there's not much on it anyway.

Cee Jay 05-20-2019 04:20 PM

So NOBODY? Nobody at all?
Ya mean to tell me that I am totally ALONE in the use of SDD on this Jaguar site???

Well hell, that really surprises me.

pwpacp 05-20-2019 04:29 PM

Cee Jay, I hate to see you hangin but I'm not been fortunate enough to have gotten my hands on one. Yeah, I know, I'm no help....sorry.

Sean W 05-20-2019 05:04 PM

I had a similar issue when I tried using an earlier version (I think). Cambo sold me the VCM,cables and v118 software. V118 gave me trouble and I never got it to work out of the box. I think it's an issue with my laptop as he sold that version to others without a problem. He tried helping me via email but ended up sending me a newer version, V123.

I think I tried putzing around with V118 sometime later (or maybe I was trying to get into engineering mode with my 2nd version?) Sorry, I don't recall why I was messing with it at the time. My issue was slightly different. Something came up on my screen like you but didn't respond when I selected, vs the loop you're getting.

No help to you as you have a full working version from Cambo so I don't know why it's happening now. Mine was self inflicted but no harm as using the second one Cambo sent me worked than and now. I never got past it and decided there was no upside to continuing.

Sean W 05-20-2019 05:07 PM

You might get more answers posting in the General Tech section.

Cee Jay 05-20-2019 05:08 PM

Yeah, good idea there. I'll give that a shot. Ya know, sometimes I forget that there are other parts of this forum than X150.

Cambo 05-20-2019 07:26 PM

SDD is quite a sensitive and fragile piece of software, especially the "old" versions, like you said you have V139, that's old.

You need to use an old operating system; I use Win7 Pro 32-bit, with no service packs.
You need to use an old Internet Explorer; as I recall it's IE8 that is included with the Win7 I have
You need to use an old version of Java, 6.26, as SDD will not run properly with newer version
You need an old version of Adobe Acrobat reader
Etc, etc, etc...

SDD is corrupted by Google products, do not install Chrome, or any other Google junk.
Windows updates corrupt SDD installations, pretty normal for it to play up after Windows updates.
Automatic updates to Java also screw things up.
Some other software will clash with SDD, best to not install anything else on that operating system.

And even if you do everything "right" sometimes it just craps out on it's own...

Cee Jay 05-20-2019 07:40 PM

Cambo.;
Yep, everything you said is what I have. Old OS, old programs, old runtimes, zero updates, date manipulation, zero Google. It's 100% stand-alone with disabled LAN/Internet.

Guess it just crapped out on its own then. Good thing I haven't actually NEEDED the Diagnostics part.

Maybe a reload/overload would help?

hafren 05-21-2019 08:40 AM

Agree a reload may help. If you want, I can share my InstallationLog.txt for you to compare. For whatever reason I've seen SDD not fully complete an install but appear to work then subsequently find certain features freeze/inoperable.

Cee Jay 05-21-2019 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by hafren (Post 2073885)
Agree a reload may help. If you want, I can share my InstallationLog.txt for you to compare. For whatever reason I've seen SDD not fully complete an install but appear to work then subsequently find certain features freeze/inoperable.

I'll give that a shot, thanks.
I'll PM you my email address.

jackra_1 05-21-2019 10:41 AM

I have version 139 something as well as 145 of SDD both on separate standalone laptops and a genuine Mangoose cable.

I have things set up as Cambo states also have frozen the date on both laptops.

I have had issues where I have had to reload the software from scratch and one issue I found is that if you have ANY remnants of the original load present a reload will not work. Simply uninstalling did not work.

I cannot remember whether it was 139 or 145 or both.

So I had to reload the operating system as well to get things to work.

I wish you luck!