XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Anyone using quickjack with XK X150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 12:06 AM
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Anyone using quickjack with XK X150?

I an seriously considering getting a QuickJack lifting solution for my cars and I am split between BL-5000SLX model and BL-5000EXT. On the website, they show a picture of the Jag on 5000SLX, but it's an older model. For X150 it looks like I need 5000EXT model. If anyone is using QuickJack with X150 XK, please let me know which model you use.

Thanks

Old 08-14-2018, 12:11 AM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

I know a few people with them and they are all very happy. I have been close to pulling the trigger a few times, sounds like they updated the models.

Best of luck!

Old 08-14-2018, 05:17 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

QUICKJACK UK website uses an X150 in the BL-5000 SLX description:

Graham

Old 08-14-2018, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Are there XK specific pads you can buy?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:40 AM
Received 110 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the EXT because I also lift my truck with it. The EXT barely fits between the wheels (About 8" on each side) of the XK, but it works just fine. I bought the biggest one available so I could use it on as many vehicles as possible, and would make that suggestion to anyone else. I've even loaded it in the back of my truck and hauled it around for friends to use. Incredibly nice thing to have around.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,888 Likes on 1,282 Posts

I remember asking Ridicrick in his (long) build thread about the one you can see in a few of the pictures in his thread (if you haven’t read the thread, you should, its a good read):
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...dition-196122/
I don’t recall which one he has, but I think its in the thread.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:09 AM
Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by ajzride
I have the EXT because I also lift my truck with it. The EXT barely fits between the wheels (About 8" on each side) of the XK, but it works just fine. I bought the biggest one available so I could use it on as many vehicles as possible, and would make that suggestion to anyone else. I've even loaded it in the back of my truck and hauled it around for friends to use. Incredibly nice thing to have around.
You made a wise choice, from my measurements, the 5000 EXT fits the XK lift points perfectly, the lesser SLX, while it will work, it comes up short on reaching the factory jack points.

At least on paper as I haven't tried one n person like you guys.

Cheers,

Dave

Old 08-14-2018, 09:22 AM

That's exactly my issue. At least on paper SLX has a maximum lift point spread of 60'. If I measure between lift points on my XKRS, it's closer to 65', which is right bellow EXT maximum of 66'. So at least on paper, EXT is a better choice. Still I wonder how they used SLX. Did they use different lift points?

My issue is that one of my other cars has shorter wheel base than XK and I wonder if EXT will fit between the wheels.....

Old 08-14-2018, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,150 Likes on 3,085 Posts

I Dunno.... for that amount of money ( £ 1,113) one could buy a two-post lift and actually get the car UP and spend less. Of course ceiling height may be a major factor.

https://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com...ifts-s/285.htm

Old 08-14-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I Dunno.... for that amount of money ( £ 1,113) one could buy a two-post lift and actually get the car UP and spend less. Of course ceiling height may be a major factor.

https://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com...ifts-s/285.htm
Hi Cee Jay,

That is a whole nuther animal. Installing a permanent 2 post lift in proper type and depth of concrete (typically 6"+) vs rolling 2 platforms out of the storage closet by hand, sliding them under the car and lifting it up...on any level spot you can to use it at.

Also, I not sure I would trust my cars and my head on/under a $1300 2 post lift..LOL

I prefer something a little more substantial....

Happy Tuesday,

Dave

Last edited by 10XKR; 08-14-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,150 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Originally Posted by 10XKR
Also, I not sure I would trust my cars and my head on/under a $1300 2 post lift..LOL

I prefer something a little more substantial....

Happy Tuesday,

Dave
Mostly MY point. I wouldn't go under a Quick Jack. Jack stands required anyway, so why not use a floor jack and stands? I know, Quick Jacks have a mechanical lockout... but still.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Mostly MY point. I wouldn't go under a Quick Jack. Jack stands required anyway, so why not use a floor jack and stands? I know, Quick Jacks have a mechanical lockout... but still.
I don't get that, the Quickjack has such a larger footprint and certainly less of a tip over issue than with jacks & stands. I would much prefer to be under the QJ than wobbly jack stands, especially when I am underneath yank'n & crank'n on something. They both have mechanical stops... that can be miss-positioned and fail (more so on jack stands).'

I think I am gonna play it safe and have one of each! LOL

Cheers,

Dave

Old 08-14-2018, 11:56 AM

With my XKRS I cannot figure out how to put my car on regular jack stands since it's just one spot to jack the car on each corner. That's my issue. With some cars you can lift in one spot and use different spots for stands. Cannot see how to do it with XKRS. How do you do it with XKR? Where do you put jack and stands?

Have the same issue with my 981

Old 08-14-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by BlueXKR-S
With my XKRS I cannot figure out how to put my car on regular jack stands since it's just one spot to jack the car on each corner. That's my issue. With some cars you can lift in one spot and use different spots for stands. Cannot see how to do it with XKRS. How do you do it with XKR? Where do you put jack and stands?

Have the same issue with my 981

Old 08-14-2018, 12:49 PM

Yes, I saw this diagram before but could not quite figure out, perhaps you can help. I understand where "A" points are, factory lift points market by a "triangle" on the bodywork. However, I am not sure what "B" refers to.

This can be specific to XKRS, but I have a metal brace attached at "B" in the front running across. I attach the picture. Where do I place the stand? Somewhere in the circled area as close to the front as possible? I do not want to place it under the brace since it'll probably crush it. And in the back, do I use the same area as close to the back as possible?

Thanks

Old 08-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Received 110 Likes on 31 Posts

If you are scared to get under a QJ then I would guess you haven't used one. They are incredibly sturdy and include solid mechanical lockouts. Even when they are going down, they do so slowly, it's a little annoying even how slow they lower themselves. Certainly you would have time to roll out from under if it started dropping.. I've used mine for everything from control arm replacement to a complete 9" reared rebuild with no issues.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

My two cents on quick jack. The Quick Jack is designed as portable but you need a lot of space to actually store it. It requires a lot of assembly and disassembly to fit it under your car. Check out the video and then think about how you would apply it in your space and you'll see what I mean. Tear down and set up look like a major pain in the *** to me as well as storage. Look at the 16:50 mark in the video on how much room on his bench is taken up.

I ultimately went with the MR6K-38. I bolted it to the floor and just drive over it. I slide the rubber blocks under the lift points and I'm good to go. It fits the XK perfectly as well as my wife's Cadillac SRX SUV. It also fit my 05 Super V8 and that bad boy was 17' 3" long. There's plenty of clearance for the XK.
I use a mechanics pad, not a creeper. I can access everything underneath the car, there is no restriction. It was $2k delivered if I recall. Height is as high as 38" in 12" locking increments. After years of standing under a lift, this is less painful on these old bones. It's perfect for brake and suspension work too as I can sit on a stool or stand. This works for me. good luck with your decision.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mr6k-38_manual.pdf (2.11 MB, 79 views)
The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:27 PM

Thanks Sean. Storage space is not an issue for me. However. two of my cars have ~4' (or less) bumper clearance so getting over it might be an issue. Plus, I was looking for something that I can move away and not impact my parking.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:02 PM
Received 375 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
My two cents on quick jack. The Quick Jack is designed as portable but you need a lot of space to actually store it. It requires a lot of assembly and disassembly to fit it under your car. Check out the video and then think about how you would apply it in your space and you'll see what I mean. Tear down and set up look like a major pain in the *** to me as well as storage. Look at the 16:50 mark in the video on how much room on his bench is taken up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMqTFQuPHeY

I ultimately went with the MR6K-38. I bolted it to the floor and just drive over it. I slide the rubber blocks under the lift points and I'm good to go. It fits the XK perfectly as well as my wife's Cadillac SRX SUV. It also fit my 05 Super V8 and that bad boy was 17' 3" long. There's plenty of clearance for the XK.
I use a mechanics pad, not a creeper. I can access everything underneath the car, there is no restriction. It was $2k delivered if I recall. Height is as high as 38" in 12" locking increments. After years of standing under a lift, this is less painful on these old bones. It's perfect for brake and suspension work too as I can sit on a stool or stand. This works for me. good luck with your decision.

I have one too, very happy with it, makes life easier!:-)

Old 08-14-2018, 10:07 PM
Received 375 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueXKR-S
Thanks Sean. Storage space is not an issue for me. However. two of my cars have ~4' (or less) bumper clearance so getting over it might be an issue. Plus, I was looking for something that I can move away and not impact my parking.
I welded some "plates" cause one of my cars was to low!:-)

Quick Reply: Anyone using quickjack with XK X150?