Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Audio plug (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/audio-plug-216428/)

Egreenstein 04-15-2019 11:06 AM

Audio plug

1 Attachment(s)
I recently bought a 2007 Jaguar XK and have a question about the audio recepticle and switch inside the center console. See attached picture. Does anyone know how this works?

Cee Jay 04-15-2019 11:19 AM

Plug an audio source into the plug hole using a 1/8" stereo cable, and the other end into the audio source. Have the car audio turned, turn on that little switch, play the device. If nothing happens, check the Audio section on the TSD and change the source until something happens. Maybe on "AUX" or something?
That doesn't look OEM, I've never seen that before. Mine has nothing there.

Course, I have a '10 so maybe that's the difference?
I do know that some cars have an audio input inside the glove box, so maybe that one was moved on your car?

guy 04-15-2019 01:28 PM

I have an '07. I don't have that option with my premium system.

JackJohn 04-15-2019 04:13 PM

My '07 has nothing like that, that switch looks like Radio Shack.

Cambo 04-15-2019 05:10 PM

That's not factory or OEM, someone has added something...

John Nevets 04-15-2019 05:19 PM

I think Cee Jay more or less nailed it. The only thing, the switch might be used for switching between the 1/8 jack and something else, like the factory cd changer possibly? If that is the case, you might have to have that selected as the source. The only thing that throws me a bit is that doesn't look like a double pole type switch, but I could be wrong. With out seeing the back it is tough to know.

Did the 2007 model still have an antenna? Maybe it is like the switch many X100 owners use to stop the antenna from going up when not using it.

sov211 04-15-2019 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by John Nevets (Post 2055736)
I think Cee Jay more or less nailed it. The only thing, the switch might be used for switching between the 1/8 jack and something else, like the factory cd changer possibly? If that is the case, you might have to have that selected as the source. The only thing that throws me a bit is that doesn't look like a double pole type switch, but I could be wrong. With out seeing the back it is tough to know.

Did the 2007 model still have an antenna? Maybe it is like the switch many X100 owners use to stop the antenna from going up when not using it.

Yes, the 2007 model did have the aerial - so, that is an interesting possibility. Having owned a 2007 (wonderful car) I am struck by the fact that a) my all-options car (including CD changer) did not have anything like this in the armrest cubby and b) whatever this is,the installation is amazingly professional and looks completely OEM.

ralphwg 04-15-2019 10:39 PM

Can you get in touch with the previous owner(s)? That is probably where the answer will lie. Good luck in your search.

Tiretrauma 04-16-2019 07:48 PM

That’s a sweet set up!! I’m interested in this as well- can you find out what it does and what was done?. I was attempting to add an auxiliary input but the antenna on the back of the radio isn’t a big Motorola, it’s small. Anyone know of an adapter to the larger one or a plug and play aux input?