Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

car wash question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozmag
I have always clayed, polished and waxed my Jags but I am going with the Ceramic Coating, the car will be prepped and the coating applied this weekend professionally
You will not be disappointed in any way. Future washing and cleaning will be a breeze, and the shine, reflective, and hydrophobic qualities will be striking.

Great decision.

The following users liked this post:
Ozmag (02-04-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
It seems I'm chasing these drips two hours after I've dried the car.
For me it is easier to just let it drip out and wipe it after a quick spritz with my Adam's Detailer spray. Usually 4, maybe 5 spots, under the mirrors, back where the convertible top meets the car, and sometimes the gas cover.

Easy peezy and doesn't require any significant investment!

Old 02-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

A good high powered air / leaf blower and a quick "blow and go" around the car a couple times pointed at the "nooks and crannies" always helps. But even with that - a few drops are common. Once over with a detailer spray while the wine gets to the right temperature is usually my routine.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member

The 4HP Air Force Master Blaster ..... comes with a 10 ft hose and also has a set of attachments to fit the hose. The attachments are designed for different areas of the vehicle.

The smaller nozzle is excellent to blow excess water from around all body panel gaps, the headlights, and the rear hatch lid or trunk lid. The nozzle also works great for blowing water out of the lug nut holes, as a vast amount of water can build up the lug not holes/space. Excess water under the bonnet below the windshield and wipers blades should be blown out.

There is no leaf blower that will do what the AF master Blaster will do.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,159 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
The 4HP Air Force Master Blaster ..... comes with a 10 ft hose and also has a set of attachments to fit the hose. The attachments are designed for different areas of the vehicle.

The smaller nozzle is excellent to blow excess water from around all body panel gaps, the headlights, and the rear hatch lid or trunk lid. The nozzle also works great for blowing water out of the lug nut holes, as a vast amount of water can build up the lug not holes/space. Excess water under the bonnet below the windshield and wipers blades should be blown out.

There is no leaf blower that will do what the AF master Blaster will do.

I just noticed that my Craftsman 16 Gallon Shop Vac is 3.75 Horsepower and blows at 150 mph. It IS filtered and the three-inch diameter hose is twelve feet long with extensions, plus it is on wheels. The chisel attachment would also act as a nozzle as stated above.
Hmmmmmmmmmm..............

Old 02-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 631 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I just noticed that my Craftsman 16 Gallon Shop Vac is 3.75 Horsepower and blows at 150 mph. It IS filtered and the three-inch diameter hose is twelve feet long with extensions, plus it is on wheels. The chisel attachment would also act as a nozzle as stated above.
Luke, come to the dark side.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

The attachments on the Master Blaster are not that easy to swap and just left the default attachment. It's powerful enough that I never felt I needed to swap nozzles.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Should work. Make sure you have an ultra clean filter.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,159 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Should work. Make sure you have an ultra clean filter.
One step down from the allergen filter, for micro-particulants. Their finest non-bio filter. I'll also soak out the hose and blow it through to make sure there isn't any excess crap in the crannies from all the sucking it has done. OR, get a brand new one for $200+ less than that Master Blaster.
Sears.com

Old 02-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

You will not be disappointed in any way. Future washing and cleaning will be a breeze, and the shine, reflective, and hydrophobic qualities will be striking.

Great decision.
I had this USA product applied after paint correction "9H-LDC by Always Dry" Advanced ceramic automotive paint protection coating.

Happy with the result the benefit of which i reckon is the extra hardness of the surface coating over the Killerwaxx products I was using. I don't believe it increased the deepness of shine I had achieved but the durability will be interesting

Cheers

Old 02-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ozmag
I had this USA product applied after paint correction "9H-LDC by Always Dry" Advanced ceramic automotive paint protection coating.

Happy with the result the benefit of which i reckon is the extra hardness of the surface coating over the Killerwaxx products I was using. I don't believe it increased the deepness of shine I had achieved but the durability will be interesting

Cheers
Ozmag:

You will no longer need to wax the Jaguar. Washing will be very easy, and the ceramic coating will retain the shine and reflective qualities for long durability.
The 9H-LDC by Always Dry is an excellent product to use on your Jaguar.

You will be happy. On lighter colored vehicles, it is a bit harder to actually see the depth of the paint with the ceramic coating. With a darker metallic paint, the depth will be visual.

Enjoy. You were very wise to have this coating applied.

Richard in New Mexico USA

Old 02-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Ozmag:

You will no longer need to wax the Jaguar. Washing will be very easy, and the ceramic coating will retain the shine and reflective qualities for long durability.
The 9H-LDC by Always Dry is an excellent product to use on your Jaguar.

You will be happy. On lighter colored vehicles, it is a bit harder to actually see the depth of the paint with the ceramic coating. With a darker metallic paint, the depth will be visual.

Enjoy. You were very wise to have this coating applied.

Thanks Richard,

The detainers were saying that after washing a spray wax is still a good idea?
Cheers

Old 02-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Ozmag;1615666]Thanks Richard,

The detainers were saying that after washing a spray wax is still a good idea?
Cheers[/QUOTE

Ozmag:

Instead of using a spray wax on the ceramic coating, I suggest you use the new technology of using a Ceramic Boost product. The Ceramic Boost will add extra protection, especially more hydrophobic qualities and will eliminate any static caused by the ceramic coating. I use a product made by Adam's Polishes sold here in the states.

I am sure your detailer will know about the "ceramic boost" products used in place of a spray wax.

Here's a link to the Ceramic Boost I personally use.

Check this out and watch the video.

I am a big believer in the new detailing technology of using nano-ceramic paint coatings and products. Waxing is certainly the old school style and any car enthusiast that is serious about protecting their paint surface and owning a vehicle with excellent shine, and reflective qualities should go the nano-ceramic route for paint protection.

No car owner will realize how good these new products are unless they are open-minded and are willing to use them and apply them to their cars.

Adam's Polishes Ceramic Boost 16oz | Ceramic Reload Longevity

Enjoy and be sure to read the link in it's entirety.