Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Doesn't this seem underpriced? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/doesnt-seem-underpriced-218760/)

Sean W 06-05-2019 10:15 PM

Doesn't this seem underpriced?

All thing being equal, not a vert lover but this car seems underpriced.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...905439428.html

Stuart S 06-05-2019 11:02 PM

It's a base model 2007 XK with no options. The seat pattern shows that it's not the full leather interior. Assuming that everything the Seller says is true (good luck with that on Craigslist), it's a gorgeous color combination with low miles and 1 family ownership, never driven in winter, always garaged, dealer serviced and wholesale price because the Seller has a baby on the way and needs to sell it. Low price for quick sale.

As is always the case when buying a used car, BUYER BEWARE! If it seems to good to be true...

pwpacp 06-06-2019 06:30 AM

^^what Stuart said^^
I'd certainly want to see a history report on it. The term serviced by "the dealer" seems vague at best so a history report should indicate if that is actually a Jag dealership. Also, the rear bumper cover has been replaced, was that due to damage or what?

110reef 06-06-2019 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 2081074)
It's a base model 2007 XK with no options.

Looks like it has active cruise.

It is advertised as a 2008, but the antenna and grill says 2007.

Price does seem low.

kj07xk 06-06-2019 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 110reef (Post 2081183)

Price does seem low.

No adaptive cruise, but you’re right, definitely a 2007, even if maybe it was purchased in 2008.

80sRule 06-06-2019 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by 110reef (Post 2081183)

Price does seem low.

I thought adaptive cruise had two wheels on the right of the steering wheel?

I won't pretend to know as well as you though, I just last night learned that the ASL thing is when frustrated it wasn't the button to engage cruise control but rather meant as a soft ceiling to your speed; and cruise you just use the just right of the airbag wheel to set the speed and engage CC.

110reef 06-06-2019 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by 80sRule (Post 2081232)
I thought adaptive cruise had two wheels on the right of the steering wheel?

I won't pretend to know as well as you though, I just last night learned that the ASL thing is when frustrated it wasn't the button to engage cruise control but rather meant as a soft ceiling to your speed; and cruise you just use the just right of the airbag wheel to set the speed and engage CC.

You are absolutely correct. I mistook the two buttons below the thumbwheel as the adaptive cruise. It does not have adaptive cruise. Sorry about that.

scottjh9 06-06-2019 11:03 AM

Sure is a sweet car...would be worth a look in person and meet the seller....looks legit to me...a test drive will tell you yes or no

Sean W 06-06-2019 11:07 AM

Well I guess it's not that much of a bargain after all. I did a quick check on NADA. The mileage gives it a $4k premium and with that shows value @ $15,300. That would be dealer retail.

Stuart, we all know your aversion to CL. Despite that, CL is not filled with thieves and deviants. Of course buyer beware. Buyer beware if you bought the same car at the most prized Jaguar dealership on the planet. I't's well out of warranty. Due diligence is always a no brainer. If I were in the market I would want to see the entire history too.

I was just surprised to see the price as most up here are listed around $17k - $18k and have higher mileage, multiple owner etc...

I did shoot the seller a note asking him about the model year. If he replies, I'll let you know but we all know it's an 07.

Ranchero50 06-06-2019 11:22 AM

No optioned oddball color combo trumps mileage and condition. Plus consider what else is out there for about the same money? Guy wants to sell it versus have it for sale..

Stuart S 06-06-2019 12:21 PM

Sean,
I'm not a fan of Craigslist, CarFax, Auto Check, extended service contracts, and politicians. In my experience, all they usually do is tell you what you want to hear and fail to meet your expectations. I'd rather have a puppy!

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...cb2e4a46d8.jpg

Stuart

kj07xk 06-06-2019 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 2081313)
I'd rather have a puppy!

I dunno. I might get screwed on a deal (and I have), but at least it doesn’t continue to take a crap in the middle of the living room rug.

80sRule 06-06-2019 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by kj07xk (Post 2081328)
I dunno. I might get screwed on a deal (and I have), but at least it doesn’t continue to take a crap in the middle of the living room rug.

Don't worry, you can also use Craigslist to get someone to do that too.

dsd 06-06-2019 02:54 PM

Same car offered by BK Motors (see their sign in the OPs CL link):
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd...905303793.html

Its possible the dealer has the consignment and the op ad is just theirs at a higher than carmax price.

But dual listing for same car is a red flag, IMO.

110reef 06-06-2019 03:06 PM

Plus the listing says the car is blue. Looks silver to me. You'd think that a single owner would know their car's color and model year.

Stuart S 06-06-2019 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by kj07xk (Post 2081328)

If you properly train your pooch, that'll never happen. And even if it does, it's a small price to pay for unconditional love and affection. And protection. My daughter has 2 dogs, Rolex and Timex. They're watchdogs.. :icon_biggrin:

Queen and Country 06-06-2019 03:12 PM

Yup, typical Craig's list scam.
Get this, my own car was being offered for sale, at 2 different sellers, and I never put the car up for sale in the first place.
I made the mistake of having my vin number on the web, along with pictures. (since then its been a complete lockdown on security)
So, I contact one of the guys inquiring to buy the car (my own car). He says he had to go to UK and the car is parked in USA, just wire him the money.
So to get even, I would write back every week, promising I almost had all the money. There is nothing that will kill a man faster than false hope.

Queen and Country 06-06-2019 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 2081379)
If you properly train your pooch, that'll never happen.

Yeah they have to watch you doing it in the backyard few times and catch on.

shemp 06-06-2019 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by dsd (Post 2081374)
Same car offered by BK Motors (see their sign in the OPs CL link):
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd...905303793.html

Its possible the dealer has the consignment and the op ad is just theirs at a higher than carmax price.

But dual listing for same car is a red flag, IMO.

Yea this one is more $ probably because it has NAVIGATION. LOL!

Same exact pictures, different coasts...... SCAM!

Cee Jay 06-06-2019 05:49 PM

I don't so much think "scam", but mass marketing.
The same thing happened to Real Estate listings. It used to be that a person had to go to a specific broker to see the available homes for sale. Nowadays, every house on MLS is featured on every Realtor's website.