XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XKR-S GT Tune & Pulley Package (video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts
Default ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar XKR-S GT Tune & Pulley Package (video)

Known for being the first to introduce a truly potent ECU performance tune and pulley upgrade for the XKs, both 4.2L and 5.0L, our packages have been producing consistent and reliable power since the summer of 2009 for Jaguar's 5.0L line up.

By reprogramming the ECU, not only were we able to increase the power of this XKR-S GT, we were also able to remove the speed limiter, hesitation/flat spots, and raise the RPM all while improving fuel economy by 10-15%. Stock figures for this 1 of only 25 supercharged variant is 550hp 502tq, after the installation of our performance package power jumps up to 638hp 563ltq! Tested on our Superflow Autodyn-880E awd linked dyno.

When it comes to the pulley upgrade, installation is a simple procedure. Thanks to our unique Jaguar pulley puller, designed specifically for the 5.0L, removal of the factory pulley can be completed in as little as 15 minutes with no damage to the pulley itself.

For owners who are not accessible to any of our dealers, you are in luck. We are offering a new package where you will be able to reprogram your vehicle through the OBD II port in the comfort of your own home. The process is simple, safe, and easy. Contact us directly for more information.

For more information on our Jaguar applications, please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts

As an XKR owner, can I expect similar numbers as you advertise the GT achieving?
How's the transmission survivability with this extra power?
Is there any additional cost for the comfort of my own home option?
What's the turn around if I send you my ECU?
What's the rental charge for the pulley tool?
Can you post a dyno plot so we can see the area under the curve and the elimination of the flat spots?

Old 07-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mandrake
As an XKR owner, can I expect similar numbers as you advertise the GT achieving?
How's the transmission survivability with this extra power?
Is there any additional cost for the comfort of my own home option?
What's the turn around if I send you my ECU?
What's the rental charge for the pulley tool?
Can you post a dyno plot so we can see the area under the curve and the elimination of the flat spots?
Hi Mandrake,

Great questions! Similar numbers are definitely achievable in the XKR, they just fall slightly short of the GT. On your application you would see gains of about 618+hp and 556+tq to the crank, and the transmission can handle every bit of it as we don't come close to it's max capacity. I have a client in my region that's had his 2010 since 2010, and has had his tune/pulley package since early 2011...and still daily drives it!

No need to ship the ECU. Depending on your location, we could have an ETG representative visit you directly or recommend you to an authorized retailer to help handle the pulley install. Let me know your thoughts!

Results above are from an XKR 5.0 Supercharged

Last edited by sales@ECU Tuning Group; 07-22-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:17 AM
Received 141 Likes on 95 Posts

ECU tuning group, Can your Cary North Carolina facility install on my XKR-S and is it available now. ?

Old 07-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any group buy specials??? I'd be interested

Old 07-24-2017, 10:08 AM

Thank you for the quick reply. My thoughts? Well, more questions...

What were the IAT2's during the dyno pulls?
How much does the pulley increase the boost by?
Do your tunes change anything with transmission programming such as shifting behavior, or is it purely the engine side of the house?
More of a general question here, but what's the limit of the stock fuel system in regards to HP?
Do you have a dyno chart comparing stock vs. tune/pulley?
Here in UT, we have 91 octane as a result of our higher elevation. Will this be an issue?

Nico- I'd be interested in joining a GB as well.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mufc
ECU tuning group, Can your Cary North Carolina facility install on my XKR-S and is it available now. ?
Hi Mufc, the package for the XKR-S is available and our NC location is actually quite familiar with this application as they've done a few of them. Please let me know if you'd like to schedule something, or feel free to reach out direct.

If do you reach out direct, don't forget to mention you're a member here to receive your forum discount!

ECU Tuning Group | Carolinas
Phone: 919.607.2242
Email: ncsc@ecutuninggroup.com

Old 07-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nicobaires
Any group buy specials??? I'd be interested
Hi nicobaires, we're not currently offering any group-buy specials on this particular application, but we do offer our forum member discount for those interested. Feel free to message us for more info!

The following users liked this post:
nicobaires (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Thank you for the quick reply. My thoughts? Well, more questions...

What were the IAT2's during the dyno pulls?
How much does the pulley increase the boost by?
Do your tunes change anything with transmission programming such as shifting behavior, or is it purely the engine side of the house?
More of a general question here, but what's the limit of the stock fuel system in regards to HP?
Do you have a dyno chart comparing stock vs. tune/pulley?
Here in UT, we have 91 octane as a result of our higher elevation. Will this be an issue?

Nico- I'd be interested in joining a GB as well.
Great questions Nico! Since the majority of your questions surround details of the dyno run, I'd love to put you in touch with our Ohio location. This is where all the testing was done, and would give the answers direct from the source sort-of-speak...let me know if this helps!

ECU Tuning Group | Ohio
Phone: 929.265.8863
Email: ohio@ecutuninggroup.com

Old 07-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey guys and gals. I did an ECU tune and pulley upgrade on my 2011 XKR. I have not got around to doing the "after dyno" test yet. But I can tell you the car is an absolute BEAST post tune and pulley.

Throttle response is much quicker. The acceleration is incredible through the entire power band. Installation was easy. My local independent mechanic did everything in about 3 hours. Probably would have gone faster if he had the "special pulley extractor".

I have had my upgrade for about a year and everything has run flawlessly. The only downside is that this upgrade is seriously tough on your rear tires

sales@ECU Tuning Group (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 08:26 PM

Thanks for sharing your personal experience. I'm assuming you used ECU Tuning Group's tune and pulley?

Old 07-25-2017, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Does ECU tune offers warranty in case their tune damages the engine?

Old 07-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Mandrake...I did use ECU

sales@ECU Tuning Group (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SinF
Does ECU tune offers warranty in case their tune damages the engine?
Hi SinF, We do offer a limited lifetime warranty against defects in our software, and provide up to 2 complimentary re-flashes towards dealer updates!

Old 07-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Hi,
What is the cost on an XKR?

Old 07-26-2017, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Hi SinF, We do offer a limited lifetime warranty against defects in our software, and provide up to 2 complimentary re-flashes towards dealer updates!
So then the answer to his question is no.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Former Sponsor

So then the answer to his question is no.
Hi Mandrake, here's what I shared on a different thread:

"I'll start by saying yes, the dealer does not have the appropriate tooling to read the ECU that in-depth (not saying that can't change in the future). Now, the manufacturer however, can read and would be able to identify the changes...obviously. So in the case of your engine "grenading", the dealer is instructed by Jaguar to send the ECU in for further investigation. Now at this point, it's all in Jaguar's hands of how they want to handle it. Which in real world experience, Jaguar is probably one of the fairest marquees out there, as a similar situation occurred with a client of ours in the east coast.

Here's what happen. Our client had his XJL in for one of our packages, almost 12 months later he visits the dealership for an oil change before a long road trip north. During his trip his motor "grenades", and is no longer drive-able. The client is confused and upset, wondering what may have caused this? Come to found out, the dealership didn't not fasten the drain plug during his visit and all the oil leaked out. Now, regardless of the story on how it happened, Jaguar still required the ECU to be sent for further investigation. Jaguar's response? Even though it had altered programming, the issue that caused the engine failure was not related to the tune...so the motor was covered under warranty. Which the dealership was extremely happy about, because they were going to have to put in a motor either way...they just didn't have to pay for it lol.

Moral of the story. Yes, it is undetectable to dealers (currently). Yes, ETG will stand up for anything related or caused by it's software. Now, do we take accountability for something unrelated to us? Like someone wanting to tamper with internal parts, while it's loaded with our tune and something happens, blame it on the software and says it's all ETG's fault? I shouldn't have to answer that question, because like Jaguar, we treat ever client fairly...period.

This is an aftermarket upgrade, not a factory one. So just like when you change anything else, you have to be comfortable with your choices. Like we've mentioned before, we're not for everyone.

Like we've mentioned before, if anyone truly interested in our packages want to know or learn more about what ETG has to offer. Please feel free to visit any of our locations closest to you and speak with us.

The client story from above is one of our ETG Carolinas clients, so feel free to give them a call. Even touch base with client if you'd like. Honestly, with what the cars cost and these packages cost, why not invest $150 or so and fly out and meet the client, dealership, or ETG branch for yourself? Nothing beats an in-person experience!

Last note, unfortunately the forums are not our priority as our schedule stay busy. So if we don't respond right away, please be patient. This is an outlet for us to share what we've done and what we're doing...nothing more.

Can't wait to meet a few of you in person!"

So you should turn that frown upside down and come see us Mandrake, no need to be pessimistic!

Old 07-26-2017, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JagRag
Hi,
What is the cost on an XKR?
Hi JagRag, you can find our pricing here:

Jaguar | ECU Tuning Group

Keep in mind, members of this forum do receive special pricing, let me know if i can help!