XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Exhaust X pipe and XK mod help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Cheers, I need to strip it down then and try to get it tighter in the carrier. Will post back!

Old 10-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,150 Likes on 3,085 Posts

I would go bonkers listening to that on every bump.

Thinking about that.... my wife's old LS from years ago rattled and I could never find anything wrong....... do these things have similar brake designs? Not that it matters NOW though...

Old 10-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I would go bonkers listening to that on every bump.

Thinking about that.... my wife's old LS from years ago rattled and I could never find anything wrong....... do these things have similar brake designs? Not that it matters NOW though...
Too right! Really hoping it is this as spent ages checking things and spent enough on changing ARB bushes and drop links. Guessing isn't a good idea!

Old 10-02-2017, 03:52 AM
Received 53 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
Post the video up on Youtube. Mine don't move even when prying on them with a screwdriver and the spring was a mother to install because the spring pressure is so high. If yours was easy, then I think that's your culprit.
Agree with this 100%. They shouldn't move at all.

The following users liked this post:
Swisstone (10-02-2017)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi toegether,

I know I am late on this party but I try my luck.
My car: 2010 XKR 5.0.
Actually exhaust setup: Arden high performance exhaust consisting Arden highflow 200cpsi cats, arden mid section (2 resonators), arden end muffler)
This setup is very loud and very aggressiv. For me too much. I tried to replace the arden highflow 200cpsi cats with the OEM cats. Unfortunately this setup (oem cats, arden mid section (2 resonators), arden end muffler) was definitely to quiet. The loudness was a bit bit bit more than OEM but too quiet or like OEM but with a bit more growl.
My idea now: Go with the OEM cats an replace the arden mid section (2 resonators) with the XK section (one resonator) or x-pipe (no mid resonator), leave the arden end muffler. I know there is a good sound plus with the XK section (one resonator) but I am asking me if it is still too quiet and if I should go directly to the x-pipe? Is the sound plus between the xk section (one resonator) and the x-pipe a big plus or just a bit? Please keep in mind i dont want have it so loud and aggressive like with my Arden high performance exhaust consisting Arden highflow 200cpsi cats, arden mid section (2 resonators), arden end muffler). So maybe with an x-pipe I have this loudness again?

In short:
- Is there a big loudness plus between xk midpipe and x-pipe?
- Do I have the same loudness with my Arden highflow 200cpsi cats, arden mid section (2 resonators), arden end muffler) in comparsion to OEM cats, x-pipe, arden end muffler?

thanks for help

Best wishes

Old 11-12-2020, 07:30 AM
Received 196 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
Exhaust doesn't car how purdy the pipes are... 409 stainless will last almost as long as 304 and is much easier to fabricate with a Mig welder vs. Tig process. 409 is what the factory uses.
sorry to bump an old thread: i believe this, but, i am unable to verify that 409 stainless is what the XK exhaust is made with. mine's definitely magnetic, but there are other grades of stainless that are magnetic. i don't know which ones are for which application. i figured it would just be stated outright in a manual or advertisement somewhere but haven't found it! how'd you know? or, anyone else know how he knows?