Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   First trip back to dealer (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/first-trip-back-dealer-76591/)

Nuclear XK-Reactor 07-11-2012 12:00 PM

First trip back to dealer

I am bringing the 2010 XKR in next monday for the Battery Module recall and I need some advice on letting the dealer look at two small items that I am not sure will be covered under my Jaguar extended warranty (52000mi).

Has anyone had the steering wheel stop raising/lowering when the door is opened to get out / engine started? Mine stopped doing this about 2 weeks ago. I have moved the steering wheel with the knob and it works fine and have moved the seat ect... and then used memory 1 button to restore the settings but still not moving to help exit the car.

Second thing is the right hand rear facing fog light has 2 LEDs that work, 2-3 are dim and the rest are out. The dealer said they have LED bulbs in stock but this is a PC board assembly. I do not think they can solder new bulds on it! Would this module be covered under the Jaguar extended warranty? If not, has anyone bought one and know how much it cost?

Thanks

ralphwg 07-11-2012 06:54 PM

Is your steering wheel adjust knob set on auto? I think I would make sure about that before mentioning it to the dealer.

rscultho 07-11-2012 07:03 PM

They replaced some of my LED tali light assemblies under factory warranty. I had the same issue with my back up and fog light LED's.

Originally Posted by Nuclear XK-Reactor (Post 542465)
I am bringing the 2010 XKR in next monday for the Battery Module recall and I need some advice on letting the dealer look at two small items that I am not sure will be covered under my Jaguar extended warranty (52000mi).

Has anyone had the steering wheel stop raising/lowering when the door is opened to get out / engine started? Mine stopped doing this about 2 weeks ago. I have moved the steering wheel with the knob and it works fine and have moved the seat ect... and then used memory 1 button to restore the settings but still not moving to help exit the car.

Second thing is the right hand rear facing fog light has 2 LEDs that work, 2-3 are dim and the rest are out. The dealer said they have LED bulbs in stock but this is a PC board assembly. I do not think they can solder new bulds on it! Would this module be covered under the Jaguar extended warranty? If not, has anyone bought one and know how much it cost?

Thanks

Nuclear XK-Reactor 07-11-2012 09:27 PM

Now I feel a little foolish:icon_sad:. Had the car detailed and the guy must have turned the knob with the rag because the it was just off the auto detent.

Thanks Ralphwg.

Looking online for the backup/rear fog assembly. No luck yet. Any ideas anyone?

tarhealcracker 07-12-2012 08:04 AM

Look up Paul at "seamlessauto" 916/858 0000 one of our new members. He has an 07 XK he is parting out.

Dan 07-13-2012 07:47 AM

I didn't even know my car had that feature! I'll have to check to see if it works.

HouTexJag 07-13-2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 543357)
I didn't even know my car had that feature! I'll have to check to see if it works.

If all else fails, read the owner's manual.;)

Nuclear XK-Reactor 07-16-2012 08:20 AM

Dealer said light is not covered under the Jaguar extended warranty! I was told this warranty covers the same items the orignal one did . WHAT gives with that? I can understand a normal light bulb that I can change but this is a LED light assembly module. They cost about $180. Anyone know of a TSB or recall on these lights? rscultho had one replaced under warranty so they may have known problems with these. Mine is the Reverse and rear fog together which is new for 2010. Older ones did not have reverse light on both sides.

rscultho 07-16-2012 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nuclear XK-Reactor (Post 544839)
Dealer said light is not covered under the Jaguar extended warranty! I was told this warranty covers the same items the orignal one did . WHAT gives with that? I can understand a normal light bulb that I can change but this is a LED light assembly module. They cost about $180. Anyone know of a TSB or recall on these lights? rscultho had one replaced under warranty so they may have known problems with these. Mine is the Reverse and rear fog together which is new for 2010. Older ones did not have reverse light on both sides.

My reverse/fog LED assembly was replaced on both sides...under factory warranty. There may be TSB available on TOPIx? Don't know...

Rahtok 07-16-2012 12:56 PM

I had my 2010 with a few burned out LEDs in the rear fog section. Was replaced under the standard warranty -- I didn't buy an extended one.

Nuclear XK-Reactor 07-17-2012 11:49 AM

List of what IS covered under Jaguar Select Warranty

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up the XKR yesterday and after the "misunderstanding" over the fact that Jaguar's Select Warranty does not cover everything that the original does I had them give me a copy of warranty coverage. Thumbs down to Jaguar of Tampa for telling this "untruth" when I bought the Jaguar Select Warranty (for around $3000 I might add) when I purchased the XK. Was told the warranty would be a "direct extension/coverage" of the original warranty. Buyer beware I guess. I've learned something anyway. List of Jaguar Select Warranty covered items attached.

Now if the weather will cool off I can head to the track for a track day and forget about everything else for a while! :icon_steer:

aahmichael 07-17-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nuclear XK-Reactor (Post 545570)
Picked up the XKR yesterday and after the "misunderstanding" over the fact that Jaguar's Select Warranty does not cover everything that the original does I had them give me a copy of warranty coverage. Thumbs down to Jaguar of Tampa for telling this "untruth" when I bought the Jaguar Select Warranty (for around $3000 I might add) when I purchased the XK. Was told the warranty would be a "direct extension/coverage" of the original warranty. Buyer beware I guess. I've learned something anyway. List of Jaguar Select Warranty covered items attached.

Now if the weather will cool off I can head to the track for a track day and forget about everything else for a while! :icon_steer:

Call me dumb, but since the 2010 XKR came with a 4 year warranty, then why aren't you still covered under the original warranty? Does the original warranty only cover the original owner?

Rahtok 07-17-2012 04:49 PM

2010 only has a 4 year warranty...

aahmichael 07-17-2012 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rahtok (Post 545733)
2010 only has a 4 year warranty...

Oops. Typo. I edited and fixed it. Either way, shouldn't the original warranty still be valid?

Nuclear XK-Reactor 07-18-2012 11:57 AM

As mentioned in first post I have over 50,000 miles on my car. Higher mileage than most the XK owners on this board unfortunately. I guess what got under my skin about the whole deal was I knew about the light being bad before reaching 50,000 miles but because of work demands I did not bring it in to the dealer till I got the battery module recall notice. I was thinking it would not matter that I was over 50,000 miles because of what the selling dealer told me about the Select Edition warranty.